Reviews for Behind the Shield
Guest chapter 7 . 5/31/2014
Hey, I really enjoyed this book and I was thinking you should do a similar thing with Star Trek 2009 and Escape Plan. I could see Kirk breaking out of prisons for a living, and McCoy having to accept a job at a prison after the divorce. If you do write it, that would be pretty awesome. :)
Firedancer chapter 7 . 3/9/2014
O MY GOD! I think I am in love! You took two of my favorite things and merged them together, and better yet did a terrific job of it! Thank you so much for sharing this with everyone! : )
Diamondblue4 chapter 7 . 2/2/2014
Really terrific story! I enjoyed it immensely, laughing at the Trek folks in new roles. I sure wish there could be a sequel but, if not, will console myself by re-reading the entire thing again! Thanks for an enjoyable ride.
22ktelracs chapter 4 . 5/18/2013
Brilliant. A seamless melding.
SupernaturalGeek chapter 7 . 2/15/2013
That was brilliant.

Firstly, as a fan of both 'White Collar' and the re-booted 'Star Trek' I had a great time cataloguing the various changes you'd made to fit these characters into the 'WC' universe. Despite being in entirely different situations everyone was completely in character which is hugely impressive and only added to my enjoyment of the story.

I also really liked the original spin you put on the events of the 'WC' pilot which made this story similar yet unique at the same time.

I really, really love the burgeoning friendship between *this* Kirk and McCoy and I fervently hope you might consider writing more stories in this universe because I'd be incredibly eager to see their adventures continue, especially given the wealth of source material from the 'WC' series so far.

There were a million lines I wanted to quote but in the end I'm highlighting this one because it captures Kirk's personality - and McCoy's attitude towards it - perfectly;

"One of them had the good sense to look sheepish, the other was Kirk."
Cold Colors chapter 5 . 12/25/2012
"Leonard groaned. Great, forgery envy."

I couldn't help it, that cracked me up, I was laughing for like five minutes, granted I haven't slept in a while and whatnot, but still.

Anywho, I read the whole thing, fabulous fabulous fabulous! Most definitely one of my new personal Star Trek reboot favorites. :D

Extremely well written, I absolutely adored the way you kept Jim and Bones and everyone else in character while making them /different/. It's something not many can do and I have to admit that you have impressed me. :D

I am curious about Eddy and Sam though, were they actually together? And what about Pike, who was his father? I normally wouldn't be this curious but this fic is ... I don't know, it's just so very well written that it leaves me wanting more. So I ask, would there ever be a possible sequel?

I always enjoy a good rewrite of something that's already good. It's doubly good. Or triply good if you count the good fandom it's being rewritten into. :)

-Cold
Wolfie chapter 7 . 1/24/2012
I just reread this story again, and I loved it-again. All the dinosaur comments and Jim's tale to the priest-such an enjoyable read.
Molto Bene chapter 7 . 9/4/2011
So I admit I was a little skeptical of the premise before I read this story, but I loved it! It was fantastic : ) My only disappointment was that you didn't right more : )Thanks for an awesome story! Love Jim and Bones! And the dinosaur jokes : )
Serena Eva chapter 7 . 7/21/2011
Oh my god this story is fucking AWESOME!

I love how you weaved in so many references from BOTH 'verses - seriously. Massive massive kudos!
WickedBlue chapter 7 . 1/23/2011
I have never seen white collar, cause I just didn't find the characters interesting enough, but your Kirk-Bones version definitely works. Great fic. I'd love to read more.
Gaia'schild chapter 7 . 1/19/2011
It was spectacular! I wondered who you would use as Mozzie, and was worried, but when you unveiled Scotty as him all I could think was 'this is bloody brilliant.' Having seen the series, I could picture Scotty giving Kirk that devil-may-take-it grin before creating/doing something that re-wrote the laws of known physics. Stupendous.
Ginger S chapter 7 . 12/19/2010
I have been working night and day and didn't have time to catch up on my reading until this morning. Now I'm headed to work...again.

I read from Act 2 Part 1 until the Epilogue and all I can say is WOW! This story was fabulous. I love the way you described the relationship between Kirk and Bones. It fit.

I personally would love to read more adventures of this particular group of FBI agents. :o) GREAT JOB!
Vivian Street chapter 7 . 11/29/2010
You blended the Star Trek and White Collar characters together very well. This was a fun read!
Wahoogal06 chapter 7 . 11/29/2010
Noooo! I can't believe this story is already over! I mean, I'm glad I didn't have to wait weeks and months for a conclusion but damn if it wasn't an amazing ride and I'm so sad that it's over!

I know I've said this before but I'm really only a passing fan of the TV show "White Collar"; so, having never really sat through many episodes I was surprised by how you inserted all the Star Trek characters into this new format (Pike, McCoy, Spock and Scotty where my absolute faves-their personalities suited their roles perfectly). I don't want to pressure you but I can't wait to see if you build this up into a series because I think Kirk and McCoy still have a lot of adventures left in them. Perhaps you can even draw Spock more into the action too?

Anyhow, really great job with "Behind the Shield" and can't wait to see what else you do. Thank you so much for sharing!
LyradanaGreetsTheWind chapter 7 . 11/29/2010
Hey, this was a great story, loads of fun to read. Thank you so much for sharing it and keep up the good work. I'll certainly be on the outlook for any thing else you post.