Reviews for A House is not a Home
d1x1lady chapter 1 . 1/16
So sweet! Love it.
Once Upon a Faerytale chapter 1 . 12/28/2013
This was so adorably awesome. :D
rana2001 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
:-o
:-O
:-D
Dr.B.Damned chapter 1 . 10/4/2013
G'awww!
Hummingbird2 chapter 1 . 7/17/2013
That was fantastic, and I really enjoyed it, thank you.
kateydidnt chapter 1 . 6/9/2013
Love this story!
Amy chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
I love this! This is my fifth time reading it. That alone should tell you something.:)
maryemarye chapter 1 . 5/27/2013
This is a such a fun story. Hope you write more Sherlock and John stories!
sKyLaR KnIgHt chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
This was such a fantastic oneshot!
Thanks for sharing!

Happy writing!
HavenCraze chapter 1 . 5/21/2013
That was super cute. John was so dense lol So cute!
CosmicEssence chapter 1 . 4/26/2013
Oooh loved the way you did subtle hints which to John made no sense because the thought never occurred, Sherlock being extra attentive just in case John did have any doubt about staying, Sherloc's sudden real worry that because of his brother John would be moving out, not even realising that Mycroft was also trying to produce a more upmarket flat for them both and John's making it clear to Sherlock and presumably maing it clear to the others as well, even though they clearly dont understand at all. Excellent story.
One suggestion though, perhaps add the fic prompt to your author profile, and say only at the top of this story that the full prompt can be found there. Putting the whole thing rather gives away what you're going to be writing and spoils the actual reading somewhat. If you really felt the need to add the prompt just this part (below) was needed not all the extra/bonus lead ins:
"We all know that Sherlock has money (from somewhere) but John comes into some cash. Maybe he gets a higher paid job or perhaps he inherits money from a long lost relative/wins the lottery. Whatever. He has enough money to strike out on his own and everyone expects him to move out of Baker Street and get his own place. After all, he only got the flat share because he couldn't afford to pay a lot of rent on his own, didn't he?"
dmrar chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
This fic is awesome! :D
Morrolan chapter 1 . 1/31/2013
Love this!
Guest chapter 1 . 1/10/2013
I typically come on to amuse myself about how much odd writers mess up the fandom, but this was a delightful surprise. I actually liked. I liked it very much, in fact. I took it absolutely seriously. The conflict and everything was just great. One thing, though: by any of those descriptions, I cannot believe those apartments could be bought or rented with only one million dollars, especially in London.
But if they can be that cheap, I know where I want to live. O_O
Radon65 chapter 1 . 12/19/2012
That was a lovely and entertaining story. I find it interesting that there was so little dialogue - probably 80% of it was introspection and description, but it didn't drag or get boring. John's perspective was very good, and I like how he interacted with Donovan and Anderson. I would normally think that John would pick up on their hints, but it was executed artfully enough here that that I bought that John didn't even realise what they were driving at - because leaving Baker Street had absolutely never entered into the equation for him.

I suspected that Sherlock knew what was going on (how could he miss it?) and that he was concerned about John leaving him when he kept entertaining John so strongly with all of his stories and such. For me, any time Sherlock worries about John leaving him, it necessitates a very delicate balance, because I can see Sherlock as insecure enough to be concerned, but I think that he knows John well enough to realise that John wouldn't likely ever truly leave him, so for me, it can't be overemphasised. You pulled it off pretty well - Sherlock being concerned enough to be a little overly attentive but not freaking out worked very well, but I thought that Sherlock being quite as confused as he was when John said "we" at the end and having to question it was a bit much. I would think that as soon as John said "we," Sherlock would have his few doubts dispelled and would be relieved and simply break into a grin without having to repeat "We?" like he didn't understand.

That aside, I truly enjoyed reading this fic and thought characterisation was for the most part quite good. I liked how the fic moved comfortably forward through various cases, and again, instead of becoming boring and repetitive, it just seemed to stay interesting and pleasant, and kept me looking forward to the moment when things would finally come to a head and John would outwardly state his decision to stay. I have to say I was VERY pleasantly surprised the second Mycroft mentioned that an area would be perfect for Sherlock's experiments, because I had previously thought the same thing John thought, that Mycroft was trying to get him to leave Sherlock, and I thought that that was QUITE out of character and a very strange thing for Mycroft to do, so I was highly relieved to discover that you were not writing any such thing. I also adored the little perks of the flat that included a safe to hide illegal weaponry and floor stones that would be easy to clean blood off of. Those were hilarious and cute.

I would like to offer more detail, but the story just seemed to sort of flow together as one whole enjoyable piece. I'm having trouble picking out too many specific bits - I just really enjoyed reading through it. I did think both Donovan and Anderson were handled quite well, and especially liked John's introspective opinions of each of them. And as I already kind of mentioned, I really liked the bits where John and Sherlock went out for dinner or whatever and Sherlock entertained John and John just thought about how he felt so right at home. Aw, bromance. Made me happy. I was a little surprised that Lestrade thought maybe John should leave too, but he wasn't at all forceful about it, and Sherlock IS a weird flatmate, and maybe if you don't spend a whole bunch of time as a fly on the wall in Baker Street and around Sherlock and John like the viewership does, maybe you don't see many positive points in living with Sherlock, so I could buy that okay.

Anyway, that was a very pleasant fic. I enjoyed the writing, I enjoyed John's perspective - and I have to say, I really liked the description of Mycroft's Georgian flat. It sounded so lovely I kind of WANTED them to move there, the only objection being that they could leave Mrs. Hudson, so I started to think about maybe there being a second flat there Mrs. Hudson could live in! Oh, and I loved the line about Mycroft needing to "move the stick out of the way, first" and the big grin on Sherlock's face following it - I knew he'd like that as soon as John said it! And a nice ending paragraph, with Sherlock (if ripping up the paper a bit too enthusiastically for my liking) suggesting that they order Thai and continue with the James Bond cultural lessons (nice nod to A Scandal in Belgravia too, by the way) and the whole "neither of them to be anywhere else but in their home. Together." A very enjoyable fic.