Reviews for The Mirror Captain
zanuda chapter 1 . 6/25/2014
This is excellent! The plot, the characters, the - so subtle - elements of similarity between this Kirk and "ours", his interaction with Spock (subtle similarities again). Very good style, and the narrative is refreshingly free of exaggerated horrors. The piece is, of course, complete, but what a pity you did not continue with the story - to the end.
Fringereader chapter 1 . 2/10/2013
I never liked the premise of the Mirror Universe - I just can't suspend disbelief since such a low trust society would never make it to space, but I like your British navy take on how it might work, below decks, anyway. Excellent characterizations and tone, as usual.
StoryGardener chapter 3 . 7/19/2011
I love it. I usually have trouble getting into the Mirror Universe, but the relationship between Kirk and Spock that you draw is delectable!
Hummingbird2 chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
Intriguing, and well written, thank you.
Trekkie2 chapter 3 . 7/14/2011
I enjoyed this chapter. Kirk is ruthless and tolerant, at the same time. Thanks.
Ranuel chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
This looks to be a really great take on the Mirror Universe. I look forward to more installments.
Trekkie2 chapter 2 . 12/2/2010
Wow! Good chapter on Mirror Kirk's background. Woe to the individuals who get in his way, or have nothing to offer, or maybe do.
Trekkie2 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Very intriguing. Can't wait for more.
Invisible Stagehand chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
A great premise and a brilliant opening. Looking forward to reading more!