Reviews for Bewitched, Beaten and Broken
Lola Smith chapter 1 . 5/6/2014
I completely agreed with you that what Xander did was disgusting when you think about it, but that's just the thing he didn't think about it and Xander's not really one for examining his actions to closely. He's very shallow and kinda has an eye for an eye mindset, so when Cordelia humiliated him he thought he was entitled to humiliate her.
I'm not trying to defend him or anything just giving what I think might have gone through his mind before he did the spell.
Story-Blender chapter 1 . 12/4/2013
All of Buffy’s friends have something dark in their past that rubbed off on their soul. For some reason Buffy seems to respect them more after that. Joyce was the only on you could consider a saint
Nonibait chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
I like it. You're right it is a bit unbeleivable that nothing serious happened during all that.

I can't beleive you got a reviewer asking you to write a fic where Xander becomes uber and Buffy and Giles have to appologise to him and beg his help. My god how dumb can some people be.

Well done and thank for sharing, I really enjoyed it.
DragonGod926 chapter 1 . 12/20/2010
First off, Xander was a teenager that got dumped in the most humiliating way possible, therby, stupid reaction is ensured. Buffy fucked up by getting involved with Angel, let alone fuck him. Teenagers make mistakes, hell, "Ripper's" intentional demon summoning caused the deaths of nearly all his old friends. Therefore, I would like to see a confrontation where a future Xander that trained himself to be an extraordinary hunter is reluctantly called upon by Giles to help Buffy with a situation she cannot handle alone. With Xander telling him that he shouldn't judge him because his (Giles') past mistakes caused more death and were in fact intentional.
Jeremy Shane chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Good Chapter & More Please
LunaValkyrie21 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Keep Buffy alive so she can personally kick his ass for casting a love spell on her.
whatweareafreaidof chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Interesting story, in more amy fault then xander, he blackmail her with homework. Ethan kill how many people with his spell and giles did nothing, buffy and giles kill how many people by letting anglus run free for mouths, but xander the bad guy
Nodakskip chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
Im not so sure of this one. Granted for the record I did have a bash Buffy/Willow phase myself at one time. But to me all the characters have been so destroyed by the shows writers that having anyone being pure enough to stand on a soap box is not working. And to remind you Giles did ten times worse then the love spell thing when he was young.

Another thing is that the characters are mostly teenagers. I shudder to think what some real kids would do if magic was as common in the series as real life.

Also recall that Cordy took him back because he did the love spell to get her back. The real reason the love spell didn't work on Cordy I think was because she was still in love with him and only dumped him under pressure from her 'friends' like Harmony.

To me having a premise of a show where only a handful of characters understand the world around them and the dangers.. then to have those same people make the same mistakes is very strange. It would be like having a friend die from drunk driving and then have his best friend get wasted and drive the next night.

Stan Smith said it best on his show "American Dad" "There is something you need to know about me, I don't learn lessons." If everyone on Buffy got scared straight with Magic or demons then Buffy would never go near Angel after he got his soul back in season 3. Amy wouldn't use magic to cheat on homework after getting her body back after her mother stole it. Willow wouldn't have been so eager to try the "black" magic spells after them blowing up in her face so much.