Reviews for Reversed Roles
Aservis Roturier chapter 1 . 7/26/2014
Quite nice, suitably devious, decadent and definitely depraved. You've done an excellent job turning the tables on these characters. I'd say you accomplished what you set out to do.

The precision of your choices give me confidence in your judgement when it comes to planning out a piece of writing.l It makes me hope I will find many Kuroshitsuji pieces when I examine your 2iting colllection later.

For now, job well done. Go get a bloodcicle from the freezer: you've earned it.
WangYue chapter 1 . 12/13/2013
just like a film of their life, taken by the Death to see what've made of them...
thank you for writing such a beautiful story!
MrsRegulusBlack123 chapter 1 . 10/19/2012
I really loved this! I find the thought of Ciel and Sebastian's roles being reversed very interesting. I also liked how the story started from the end, going back in time more and more until it got to the beginning of it all. Best of all, despite their roles being reversed, both Ciel and Sebastian were perfectly in character, I absolutely loved Sebastian's teasing remarks about Ciel's height!
This is definitely going to my favourites!
Patchworkcrows chapter 1 . 8/8/2011
Yesssss. ;w; So good.
bansheegrrl chapter 1 . 12/29/2010
FANTASTIIIIIC~

A perfect demon Ciel if there ever was one;
chibiaries chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
Huh. This was...interesting.

I really liked the way the characters still kept their canon personalities even in their switched roles, and the way Sebastian became a knight-that's a duty that would suit him very well if he wasn't a demon.

Ciel's ruthlessness and streak of cruelty is emphasized very well in this fic, and I don't really have anything bad to say about the way he was portrayed. The metaphor about the smoke and the cats was really well done.

It would have been nice though, to see any remaining human relationships that Sebastian Michealis had after the tragedy though. Like Ciel had Elizabeth, and Madame Red, and Lau and Prince Sohma as friends even after the whole mansion fire that destroyed his life stuff.

chibiaries
xXCherryLicoriceXx chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I like how this story was in reverse and how well it all flowed together. It was good that Ciel and Sebastian were in character, and I was a little off-put about Ciel (being a demon) hesitated at first, but the ending really helped it all make sense. It was a great story and a concept I would have never thought of, bravo! I like how you made Sebastian name Ciel after his cat like Ciel named Sebastian after his dog, it was a nice touch. Great, great story~ 3
msbubblezpopz chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
wow! that was really great (:

can't wait for more.
Cutlery Pieces chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
So THIS was why you were procrastinating that HG fic. *Glares at Kuroshisuji*. It's so pretty, that's why it distracted you, I'm thinking...

Anyway, I love your brain sometimes. No one would've ever though 'Sebhumanawesome' like you. It's funny to see he's still pretty badass as a human.

RAWR, babe, nice work. Everything backwards (including narration) was trippy. Now, *flicks whip at you*, get to work on that HG fic!
Balding Rapunzel chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Holy crap, this was good. I'm all for the details. Sebastian naming Ciel after HIS CAT was one of the better ones. King's Knight instead of Queen's Dog? I loved that. BRILLIANCE.

I'm actually surprised that you kept them the same ages, just different roles. Seb would've looked like a real pervert just walking around with a 'young male servant'. Haha.

That checkmate line at the end was rather haunting, and ties back to a lot of chess allusions. It was interesting the technique you used to write this piece. Going backwards was a little disorientating, but it was really engaging.

Wonderful work. You'll be doing more, soon, yes? *Pokes*. Haha.
Cherry Tomatoes chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
This was very interesting. I've never seen a story where Sebastian is human and Ciel's a demon!

My only problem was this wasn't longer. 3 I'd love to have seen the Phantomhive staff or the Shinigami have some fun.

Thanks for the story, 'twas a blast~!
spare chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
You definitely gain plus points for novelty. Role-switched Sebby and Ciel were definitely a pleasure to read about. (I was actually left wanting more... maybe a take of the scene where dear Sebastian makes Ciel wear a dress? That would be .)

As for writing style, it's pretty good. Impressive as it is, but it would have been absolutely splendid if instead of putting in your author's notes how the story is told (also) in reverse, you could have just, however subtly, made it appear so in the story without having to tell the reader beforehand. Perhaps a quick sentence or sketch of the date and time at the start of each section? Would've added a touch of sophistication to it. Otherwise, lovely fic, and I'm definitely looking forward to reading more from you. :D
DiYunjae chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
OOHHHH! love this!
Vampyre Heartbreak chapter 1 . 11/25/2010
I really enjoyed this. It's very well-written, and you managed to keep them both in character despite the role reversals.

I also love how it started with Sebastian's death; at the very least, it was an excellent way to draw us in and make us want to keep reading.

I have to admit: it is refreshing finding a story with Sebastian and Ciel as main characters that doesn't have them wind up in a relationship. I do agree with you on that front: I can read it all day long but I don't think it will ever be canon. Ciel is, after all, just a meal.

All of the subtle nuances were really nice as well. I giggled at the bit of Ciel being named after his cat, and how Ciel was still a child with Sebastian being the adult.

Anyways: I'd love it if you wrote more stories like this one, I'm a little bit intrigued by the idea.

Thanks for the good read!