Reviews for we don't sleep when the sun goes down
ItIsJustAGame chapter 1 . 1/21/2013
Interesting story. Thanks for writing it.
OrchidJen chapter 1 . 6/1/2012
The overall sad feeling that's the very essence of this writing is like a wrecking ball to my heart. But don't worry, for writing to do that is a good thing :) It practically drips with the emotion you intended it to have, his frustration, loneliness, confusion. Great job, and I adored it.
sisypheandreamer chapter 1 . 5/23/2011
This is so tragically and fatalistically beautiful. The writing is superb and the plot. You made me feel so many emotions with a few lines. I love this story, I really do. Even if it did make me bawl my eyes out.
Hazelmist chapter 1 . 2/8/2011
Poor Simon and Izzy. God, I don't know how Simon's going to handle getting older while everyone else dies. Well, I guess he'll have Magnus.
Hikoru Aniki chapter 1 . 1/20/2011
I enjoyed this. You kept it vague enough to allow for some reader freedom of interpretation, which I feel is important in a story like this. Both Simon and Isabelle were consistent with their personalities in the books, with some allowances for aging. Overall, well done.
Dance Elle Dance chapter 1 . 12/14/2010
This is the first Mortal Instruments fic I've read, and I'm glad it was! This was very well written, you got into Simon's character really nicely, and everything was amazingly done. Great work!
Skittles001 chapter 1 . 12/7/2010
Hey. I loved this story. It's bittersweet and heart-breaking, but I love the style, and you capture the characters really well. Thanks for writing a simon/isabelle fic too. There's a definite shortage.

I actually love this, the last line is hauntingly beautiful.

"This is how it ends. With a boy, a girl and an ever after.

It's not simple"

God, I wish I could write like that.

Once again, excellent work. One of my favourites. Out of all fandoms.
thecivilunrest chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Gah, I loved this. I really did. There isn't enough Simon/Isabelle in this fandom, in my opinion. I love how you started out 'There's a boy and there's a girl' because that was amazing. I feel like that's really how things started.

I like your idea about Simon having to wander all the time- it's something that I've thought of myself, but I've never really seen it in practice.

But everyone's in character and the writing was beautiful, and overall I liked this.
LaPaige chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
This is my second favourite pairing (after Alec/Magnus) and I think it was perfect. I love how their relationship is flawed, and their characters are too. I love the separation of the text and how so much time passes but Simon doesn't change very much. You captured the story beautifully, and this is so incredible especially for your first piece of fic for this series. :)