Reviews for the inbetween places
dontcomeback chapter 1 . 9/5/2011
Le awesome story is awesome.
xTickLish chapter 1 . 3/6/2011
Beautiful. Effing Beautiful. You just made Cook's character come alive... ahh beautiful. Love love loved it ]
PacificRomance chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
okay, I have had this alert sitting in my email for weeks b/c I hadn't finished the 4th season and I was waiting until I did before I read this and OMG this was so good.

I don't think I can get across in a simple review how much I loved this. You developed Cook's character so realistically while still keeping some of the charm and qualities that make him Cook.

Great job.
angiepie111 chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
Well, I actually read this on your LJ whilst trawling the internet for Ceffy at 2am the other night but I didn't get to leave a comment coz I don't have an account. But I figured you'd end up posting here coz I noticed another Ceffy I read on here was on your LJ profile [assumably by you]. Anyway.

I *loved* this. I don't think it could be any more in character, any more true to Skins, or any more what I imagine would be a realistic follow on from season 4. Both Cook and Effy are especially hard to write and I think you got them totally spot on.

I liked how you made Cook serve a full sentence and see a counsellor. In a lot of stories he magically gets out of gaol early somehow...but he did a crime so he has to do the time and I think you used his gaol time well to show his feelings and how he went a little bit mental.

When first reading this, I was surprised at just how much this focussed on Freddie considering he's long gone. But as I continued reading it made sense for Cook to experience such torment considering everything that had happened and I think you wove that in excellently. In retrospect, I think that if a friend of mine was murdered I'd probably be like that! In addition, I like how Effy completely crumbled after Freddie died. A lot of FF authors are tempted to make her magically get better and subsequently pursue a relationship with Cook and then everything is peachy. But no. I imagine many of us would deal with that the same way, and your scenario presented is the realistic one.

That's why I love this story- it feels real.

On another note, is the ending implied future Ceffy, or is it just friendship [which is probably a more true to life result, but I can dream/always see imaginary Ceffy everywhere in the hope that it will develop]?