Reviews for An Alford Plea
lisamichelle17 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
You know, I am so damn proud of you for writing this. Like you, I mostly read canon E/B but when I saw this alert I knew that it was going to be well written and I knew that I would enjoy it. Also, congratulations on winning this contest. It is well deserved. A few of my thoughts:

1) I actually empathized with your Rosalie. She was raped, turned into a vampire and lived with people she barely knew. She felt as if she has no choice or no control. This Edward is very much reminds me of canon Edward (if we ever get Midnight Sun, that might give us a bigger glimpse at the Edward in the past).

2) I also very much love that Rosalie was written strong, independent and beautiful. Equally, Edward acted like a snob, arrogant and aristocratic but that is the era that he is from. That is all he has known. I cannot hate neither of them.

3) I loved the lead up to the attraction and how Edward was determined to hide it from Rosalie. The way you wrote the end was extremely sensual. I feel in that act that they shared assisted in Rosalie re-discovering how much power she does have.

I have to admit that this one story can explain a lot about why Rosalie and Edward have such animosity between them. Thank you, so much, Anya. It was perfect.
LightStarDusting chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This was gorgeous. Brilliantly done and it totally happened. TOTALLY.

"Rosalie is doubly pleased that not only does this little game she plays cause Edward discomfort, but it also gets him out of the room."

I love her.

It came full circle. You did a lovely job of telling this story.
spanglemaker9 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Oooh, this was SO GOOD! I'm formally inserting it into canon to explain everything about Edward and Rose that the books never do.. Excellent work!
Songirl chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Masterful.
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
So entertaining, I loved reading this! Deep down, we must all cave to our baser natures sometimes, even if we don't admit we have them! I loved Rosalie's renewed strut afterwards, loved her feeling of power! Great writing, but then again, I expect that from you! *hearts*
Ironic Twist chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
An interesting insight to the Roseward backstory. It could have happened. It would go a long way in explaining their continuing animosity.
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
This was fabulous! I especially like that it really could have happened and still stay canon. I mean, I've always thought there had to be something more to explain the animosity between them, and this would surely do that! Either way, I loved this, and I'd like to think it really happened. I surely wouldn't put it past Rosalie, and the way Edward reacted was totally believable. This was just great.

Debbie
roxiegirl chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Loved it! Thanks!
Luvtwismut chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
That was so well done! No wonder you won! You deserved it!
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
First, how pissed am I that I had no idea there was a Roseward contest going on? I guess I just found my reading material for the week. Second, how awesome is this piece? You are so wickedly talented that it's actually kind of freaky and scary! I have to give a shout-out to this line especially: He came. She saw. She conquered. Brilliant! I'm off now to have wet dreams about you and Pastiche Pen one day teaming up to write something together. Mmmmm.
bananapancakes7 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
NomNomya, you never cease to amaze me.
Mell C chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Thanks- I enjoyed this. Great detail and narrative.
twificfan chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
Absolutely fantastic. It is a brilliantly described "lost moment" and very very "realistic". Thank you.
moonlightdreamer333 chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
"So it shall be written, so it shall be done." I'm going to choose to believe this did happen. Add it to the lexicon.

In my mind, I always thought any kind of physical sexual involvement between Rose and Edward would be too intense. So I loved that you had it all play out in Rose's mind.

In my best Nelson (from The Simpsons) voice, "Ha, ha. Edward got burned."

Great job. Great character exploration. Great mind game. Great manipulation.
KiaraRaj chapter 1 . 11/26/2010
I don't like Roseward but when written by you I cannot resist. I loved the line 'He came. She saw. She conquered.' Very good writing.
62 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 Next »