Reviews for Carpe Diem
Guest chapter 1 . 1/29/2014
If u had to make gordon a sociopath...why did u add Romance in ur fic?...seriously... i think u shud reconsider writing this shitty fic...or at least put Humour instead of Romance?...And last one... Freeman is not a psychopath nor a sociopath... and poor Alyx...i was hoping for something good...damn it...disappointing...
Daross chapter 1 . 11/29/2012
Oh my bloody god, yes. i've been looking for a story like this and it's bloody amazing. Very well written.
Olyvyadarling chapter 1 . 2/27/2012
I laughed, a lot. This is one of the funniest Half-Life stories that I have found. Bravo E.J! Thanks for showing a different light on our favorite orange clad hero. :)
ltravlt chapter 1 . 12/4/2011
This is great! I was not expecting the twist and it worked so well. Love your explanation for why Gordon acts the way he does.
heh chapter 1 . 8/10/2011
I personally think that Gordan knew what was about to happen and made up that stuff about being a sociopath to give her a chance to either a. let her down easy or b. let her think about it and see if what she felt was true. was that what you were aiming for dude?
Atticus Turner chapter 1 . 6/22/2011
Its a good story it really is. But totally unrealistic. Gordon is not a sociopath.
Texara chapter 1 . 6/7/2011
Wow, I just can't stop grinning!

I Think this was a wonderful way to portray Gordon, perhaps you could write a little more? :D

I guess i like the darker side of Gordon, rather than the OH-SO-HEROIC-KNIGHT-IN-SHINY-ORANGE-ARMOUR version of him.

Really loved this :D thanks for putting it up too!

Though this might be a little late, after glancing at the date...

:D
Arkaeo chapter 1 . 3/29/2011
Brilliant. I'm so picky with characterizations of Gordon but this was a wonderful and believable twist. The dialogue was especially well done. Thanks for this.
Ink And Blade chapter 1 . 2/4/2011
I think this should be put under humor, although it's black humor. Maybe I'm just a sick person and find that funny. Good one-shot.
pccraine chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
This is bullshit, Gordon's not a sociopath, and furthermore, what the hell kind of condition makes you prone to uncontrollable killing? Half-Life is not a story about a robot, it's about how the player's feelings are reflected onto Gordon, hence, the player is Gordon! And NO ONE who plays the game is a homicidal sociopath, lest would wanna kill Alyx! And seriously, her father just DIED, I'm pretty sure Gordon (and every human in the world) would show more compassion to her, and what kind of conversation starter is "I'm a sociopath and I enjoy killing innocence"? That's shit and no one except the freak who wrote this could come up with it!
hometown unicorn chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
Being a huge fan of Dexter, in addition to Gordon, I couldn't help but grin like a dumbass while reading this story. It was thoroughly enjoyable, although I do prefer a story with some hope of Gordon and Alyx hooking up. This was brilliantly written though. I especially love the pre-sociopath reveal conversation between Gordon and Alyx (Again, when Alyx had SOME chance with Gordon). But everything was totally epic.
Dj Sarabi chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Is it wrong for me to have a smile on my face as I read this?
Sevroy chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I find this type of Gordon to be very interesting. I like how you portrayed him. And yes, shocking twist! Very nice storytelling skills.
KRSONMar chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
was really awesome!I thought the twist would turn out to be that he was gay again,but this is so much more had me both scared and amused at the same Alyx,head-over-heels for a sociopath!I want to particularly say that I love the phrases you use to describe things,like the Rebels were all in various stages of dying and so diction adds a unique voice to the cool,I'll be looking for more by you!:-D
HedyLamarr chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Oh, shivery :D just when you think you've seen all the ideas for how to write Gordon Freeman, along comes a new one. Although it suggests the circumstances of Gordon's arrival at Black Mesa were somewhat different than those described in the game, I actually rather like this, it's very well-written.

It probably says something bad about my personality that I'd quite like to see a "Black Mesa Incident" from this Gordon's point of view.