Reviews for Perfectly Bittersweet
chicamarioneta chapter 1 . 11/27
Your story is short but I cried reading, have captured the personality of vegeta so well, I could feel the intimacy between the two sharing a cigarette, but as mentioned before, chances are vegeta not smoke, he is obsessed with perfecting her body. Congratulations on your hard work, it is very hard to find fanfics as well written as yours.
excuse my grammar mistakes, English is not my mother tongue
bomsredhair chapter 1 . 8/31
You're a really talented writer. I can easily see why so many people highly recommended your fanfics.

This was a very heartbreaking read. At one point, I really felt like all sense of hope was lost. Love scene was amazing. So bittersweet. I feel for Bulma but at the same time, it's hard to feel sad for her for too long bc she's such a strong person and she can get through anything on her own. Vegeta is such an ass with feelings and I love him. Aw, last two lines made me smile so much.:)
Midnight chapter 1 . 8/26
The last part omg the last part..had me in tears
Very nicely written & characters spot on
I'm Still So Deep chapter 1 . 7/5
This was beautifully written. Gosh, I even got teary-eyed at the end. I adore your characterization of Vegeta with every fic I read of yours. You capture his personality in a way no other writer is able to. Great job :)
Komandr1989 chapter 1 . 1/28
At the end tears ran down my face. This was awesome. Perfectly Bittersweet captures this whole experience perfectly. So great, yet so sad... I always love to read your stories, you did an incredible great job!
Mahidevran Sultana chapter 1 . 1/23
This was great! I loved the whole bittersweet ordeal. Good Job.
Helennnn chapter 1 . 10/31/2014
I always avoid the stories from the future timeline, mostly because I'm such an emotional wreck by the end of them. I'm currently reading "You'll Be the Death of Me", but then I saw this on your profile and well, here I am!

Saying that, however, I'm really glad I decided to read this. I think you really captured Vegeta's personality really well - not to mention the emotions! Just like I stated, I'm an emotional wreck when it comes to things to do with the future timeline and now I'm crying. You've inspired me to carry on writing more Vegeta and Bulma, though! So thank you not only for writing this, but also for giving me more inspiration.
Cynthia chapter 1 . 6/18/2014
I'm reading all your fanfiction
this almost brought me to tears... It's too sad... The last moment between Vegeta and Bulma wonderful!
Red Swingline Stapler chapter 1 . 6/12/2014
WOW! This was bittersweet and beautiful. I got teary-eyed at the end.

Great job!
Yiko Zipper chapter 1 . 4/26/2014
this almost brought me to tears, damn
it's really well written, and i like how you put this into the other, "future" dimension
it was really hard to read since so many died, but it was super worth it :)
Nelicquele79 chapter 1 . 2/4/2014
Man that was depressing...

Very well written!
Guest chapter 1 . 12/18/2013
Vegetachik chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
I always try my best to avoid reading mirai timeline fanfics...because nothing depresses me more than Vegeta's death against the androids. But this story called to me. And now I'm sad and awed.
Sofia Volpina chapter 1 . 9/28/2013
Beautifuly written story, I liked it and it's pretty much what I imagined had happened in the Mirai timeline. Here's what I liked about your story:

- Your narrative voice! I adored it, it gives the text an epic touch, some combination of calm and intensity at the same time.

- You painted the relationship between Vegeta and Bulma so well! It's exactly what I would have imagined it to be when the androids arrive (it changes quite alot throughout the series). You captured all details perfectly and did a great job in showing the discrepancy between Vegeta's true feeling and what he shows. And you did that without off-putting, fluffy inner monologues, which really miss the point.

- The intensity of the moments described in your story is incredible, I can almost cut it with a knife.

- Strong story, strong characters, strong emotions, simply great!

There are two things in your fic. that I don't agree with:

- First, it's almost impossible to imagine Vegeta smoke. He is the perfect warrior and has dedicated all his life to being this perfect warrior. He trains more than any other character in the series. He goes to unimaginable lengths to be the strongest in the universe. It's hard to believe he'd do something like smoking, that's practically intoxicating your own body and well... hindering performance. People, who follow rigorous training and have a high respect for their body and athletic abilities, don't usually smoke.

- Second, the swearing doesn't really suit Vegeta's character. On the contrary, I've noticed that he sometimes uses rather stiff language, which denotes that he hasn't picked up the bad linguistic habit of our planet. For example, when Bulma hands him the famous pink shirt, he replies "I'm a warrior, not a variety of flower". He doesn't say "I'm not a fucking clown", he says "variety of flower" not even a granny wouldn’t use such words but yet, he does. :))) Than, in the shower scene he yells for Bulma "serving woman, bring me a drying cloth at once" Again, this stiff use of language that he has... you see what I'm getting at? Or in his Buu saga speech, where he tells Goku " quest for greatness gradually giving way to this life of mediocrity." it's hard to imagine Goku, Yamcha, or Kirilin expressing themselves like this, it's almost as if his language, at times, hints that he's not from around here, or maybe it's also partly due to the fact that he had been raised as royalty for the first years of his life. Who knows...?

Now, in your text Vegeta says "Tell me something I don't fucking know, bitch." or "you don't want to fuck?" that's quite a long way from the guy who said "I'm not a variety of flower"

Aaaanyway, except for these two elements, you have a really strong story here!
Indigo July chapter 1 . 8/19/2013
The title says it all. Very fitting and this was a beautiful story.