Reviews for Catch and Release
Moonflower26 chapter 3 . 10/17/2013
You are an incredible author! I started to read yet anither of your stories and I already adore it. The scene on the beach had been wonderful as remake of Victrola. I'm looking forward to know whether it ended the same way. Chuck and Blair fruitlessly scheming against their parents are delightful to read about.
Guest chapter 1 . 2/26/2013
This was by far one of the best stories I have read on this site so far. I know it is complete but I can't help but want to read more.
Guest chapter 3 . 9/5/2012
hahaha i love this chapter! so fun! :DDD
CKlover chapter 17 . 5/15/2012
Your AWSOME storyteller! And I just love your long chapters! Cant wait for more of recent chair stories!
annablake chapter 17 . 7/10/2011
Chuck talking to Nate at his grave is so touching. It made me a bit teary-eyed tbh. Chuck doesn’t have a best friend in his life anymore, he’s forever gone... The childhood best buddies are slowly becoming a distant memory. Chuck really needs a best friend in his life... It would be so great seeing him develop a new friendship with someone. Carter? Dan? I actually really like Carter; the Chuck/Carter relationship has always interested me.

“[...]when that French girl Eva had made a play for him, only a few months ago, Blair had got her deported.” Haha, I love that. They’re truly like two peas in a pod. And I see they have still their old trust issues to deal with, which is understandable btw considering their history. I also fully understand Chuck’s reaction vis-a-vis Marcus, after all Blair married another man once already!

"See you soon, Archibald." Aaw. *sniff*

And Serena! Ah, that’s so incredibly touching that she regularly goes to visit Nate’s grave. I’m not really a fan of DS, but I guess it’s great that Serena at last has found some measure of happiness. Loved her and Chuck’s little talk. Love their relationship overall.

"I'm proud of you, Charles." Aaww. That was lovely. I’m proud of you Bart! :D

Ah, that was a little disappointing, Blair immediately leaving Chuck like that because of Serena... She better make it up to him later. :P

Love that Carter still is hung up on Serena, always liked those two.

“Did his father have his arm around Lily?” LOL. Love so much that Bart is marrying Lily. Yay! It’s so great Chuck, Lily, Bart and Serena – and now also Dan and Blair – will all be part of the same family.

I will immediately start reading the sequel! Great!
annablake chapter 16 . 7/9/2011
“She glared at him, defiantly, and he had to swallow back the sudden rawness to his throat; because she was here, fighting for him, and it didn't even matter that she was wasting her efforts. Someone was fighting for him.” This actually made me tear up a bit since it’s true. For the first time in Chuck’s life someone is actually standing up for him and supporting him in regards to Bart. Or in regards to anything really.

Wonderful resolution to the Bart/Chuck/London office dilemma. Bart loves his son more than Chuck realises, or will perhaps ever know, but he has a Bass way of showing it. :) The older Bass knows and understands Chuck better than anyone, except for maybe Blair.

“Under the pretence of ordering the porters around, of course. Even if it wasn't her luggage.” ROFL! That is Eleanor for ‘ya.
annablake chapter 15 . 7/9/2011
Aw, loved that Blair taught Chuck how to ice-skate.

“And you cried all night because you thought he didn't like you." Lolol, so cute. :D

Interesting parallel between Nate & Harold. Hadn’t thought about it before, but they’re actually quite alike.
annablake chapter 14 . 7/9/2011
“[...] that small weakness that was more like Chuck than she would've cared to admit, that whispered the easiness of escape [...]” Ah, that is so true. Great observation.

Where is Chuck in Blair’s dream?

Ah, yeah that was depressing. :(
annablake chapter 13 . 7/9/2011
It will obviously hurt like hell, but can’t Chuck try to place the shoulder back in place? Okay, haha, he did. Aaw, and she told him that she loved him and that she meant it. Beautiful moment.

Oh, that was a wonderful conversation between Chuck and Blair. Really well-done. I felt both of their POV’s and completely got where they both were coming from. Simply great.

Haha, Eleanor rules! She orders people around like no one’s business. And Bart is like second in command. They’re like the dictators of the world. LOL.

“It only made sense that this was the one time they'd been caught.” Lol, so true. Very typical.

Yet another GREAT chapter. Enjoyed it so very, very much. Pretty brilliant parallel at the end there between Bart/Chuck and Eleanor/Blair.
annablake chapter 12 . 7/9/2011
Haha, loved Chuck and Dan’s little team work there.

Oh...! Oh no... Dan! I didn’t see that coming. I hope he’ll be okay. :(

WOW. Great, great chapter. Such suspense all the way through. Also, great back-story with Nate etc. Can’t wait to see what happens next!
annablake chapter 11 . 7/9/2011
Hm, I wonder what Carter and Georgina actually want? Btw, forgot to mention last chapter that I loved how concerned Blair often was for Chuck’s well-being. It was quite moving.

Oh no... I called it as soon as Cameron made an appearance, lol: yet another man making Chuck jealous/breaking his heart a little. Who’s next? Louis? I’m sure he’s on the boat somewhere, lolol. Also, if I were Chuck I would be mad at Blair for leading him on, not at some random dude.

Liked overall: particularly the first scene in Blair’s room was amazing. You kept me on the edge of my seat with that one. Very well executed. I also really appreciated getting a greater understanding for Carter’s motivation in his scene with Blair.
annablake chapter 10 . 7/9/2011
Yay! Finally Blair shows some jealousy too, haha. It's not only Chuck anymore. Love jealous and possessive Blair. *nods*

"[...] but whatever the hell Chuck was playing at, he was being an idiot." I don't agree with Bart. Finally Chuck has managed to get some sort of reaction from Blair - after 9 chapters, lol - so I think that was rather well-played of him tbh. Not to mention she has done the exact same thing to him. Several times. (And he’s seen her with his best friend...) So two can play that game. :)

Wow, that is really big of Chuck to forgive Blair for what - he thinks - she did to him. And for what she said to him after “the abortion”. He took the worst beating emotionally so it’s very mature of him to be the one to forgive her. (She on the other hand went through the actual miscarriage, which in itself of course was dreadful beyond comprehension.)

“[...] the most physical contact he'd had with his son in years.” Ah, that made me so sad for Chuckles. He really hasn’t received a lot of love in his life. :(

I really like the way you’re able to constantly drive the plot forward involving all of the major characters. Well done!
annablake chapter 9 . 6/12/2011
Ah, I loved the Eleanor/Blair scene.

Thank god for no Dair. I enjoy the love/hate relationship between both Chuck/Dan and Blair/Dan. :)
annablake chapter 8 . 6/12/2011
"Not the fact that he didn't like his brother in-law - because, frankly, who cared - but that he had a poor poker face. Useful." LMAO. I love Blair when she is like this. Also, love Chuck and Blair finally working as a team. (And by finally I mean finally compared to the show. It's a joy reading about them scheming together in this fic. :))

I'm just waiting for Chuck to give Carter a punch... He’s so tiresome.

"If Dan had a weakness for anything, it was a damsel in distress." Heh!

Haha, love that Jenny is married to Damien.

ROFL. Can I just say how much I LOVE Blair's attitude towards the Humph? THIS is the Blair Waldorf I love. Thank you.

Ah, great last scene... Finally! (And finally some more Blair POV, yayay. :))
annablake chapter 7 . 6/12/2011
Haha, love Bart for calling Blair "Miss Waldorf". :D

"Besides, Chuck and Blair didn't panic - they schemed." Exactly! Yay, both Carter and Georgina suddenly became a bit more interesting now when it means Chuck & Blair can unite in scheming against them. And it also seems to help Chuck and Bart bond a little.

Aw, I would also love to see Blair crazy with jealousy one day. :D Only Chuck ever is... And her butterflies...what is going on with them? Would love to know. :P I still sort of miss her POV.

Oh no...Dan... *sigh* Another guy Chuck can get jealous on..? Oh joy, lol.

"Typical. What did Bart think he'd done, gone to give Blair the necklace and scared her down the corridor?" Lolol, at least this cracked me up.

There really is a strong Titanic vibe to this story, but I like it. :)