Reviews for Bombshell
Capricorn75 chapter 1 . 7/27
All these years later I just found the Filthy Roseward Contest entries. Had to come to your author page and let you know that I loved your submission! There is not enough Roseward out there! I already read Minuet in F U Major, so I don't how I missed this one-shot. Glad I finally read it, though!
pearypie chapter 1 . 8/6/2013
Lovely! I love, love, love throwback stories! The 20s, 30s, 50s, and 60s are my FAVORITE decades! I literally just pictured a James Dean for Edward...reminds me so much of Rebel Without a Cause (love that movie)! You're story totally invoked the whole 60s badass era-ness! Love it!
grumpbear chapter 1 . 5/16/2012
cute story
Chaerinnie chapter 1 . 4/13/2011
"My eyes couldn't help but take a peek down there, see what she was always covering up on Sundays with her high collars, clutching her bible while Angela's daddy preached on."

I LOVED this line! I just found it so hilarious! And I loved this story; I liked the way you wrote Edward and Rose. This was really well written...
envyme13 chapter 1 . 1/12/2011
I loved:

-The era

-Rose and Edward

-The Edward in this, being a player and a greaser guy!

-This story!

Please continue it.
MademoiselleGF chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
First, I just want to say how sorry I am for writing this review SO late. I know I said I was going to write it last week, but I just couldn't. Real life has been extremely busy, and between Twitter (*winks*) , my soap opera, and all the other BS that I do, I have no idea how I manage. I tried to, but like, I sat there, staring at my computer screen for 10 minutes, and I couldn't think of a single thing to type. I guess I just wasn't in the "review mood". It's been a while since I've written a decent review. Plus, I didn't want to leave you ladies a mediocre review for such an amazing story! And OMG, I'm still squeeing over the fact that there was a Roseward contest! FINALLY, people are seeing the light. Roseward is totally the new "it" pairing. My life is now complete. LOL's.

And speaking of the Roseward contest, I'm so, so, so happy that you ladies found time to write something! I know LSD is busy with the '30 days of Em' and her collab with fngrcufs (Gah, I STILL need to find some time so that I can read Emmett and Rose/Leah!), and Lore is busy with RL. Thanks so much!

Okey dokey, now that that’s over, time for me to gush about my love for this o/s and the AMAZING people who wrote this! :)

First sentence in, and you already captured the reader’s attention! ALL of your stories immediately hook the readers in. Seriously, I adore the fact that Edward’s parents are missionaries (which is ironic, because I’m not a religious person - not that I have anything against religion… ). I love when people incorporate religion/philosophy into their stories. And I also love how Edward is a serious player! I love shy Geekward too, but there’s just something about Studward that’s so damn sexy! Meeow! ;)

Edward’s obsession with “Blondie” is really fascinating. Despite his nonchalant attitude, it’s obvious he’s infatuated (and dare I say, in love?) with her already!

Edward’s little tryst with Lauren was nauseating, to be honest. ( I’m a die-hard Roseward fan. Mostly, I read Roseward, with the occasional Rose/Jasper, Rose/Carlisle, and on the rare occasions, Rose/other-character-besides-Bella-and-Jacob-because-I-can’t-stand-those-two pairing. I know, I know, I have weird tastes! ) I don’t hate Lauren, but I just can’t stand to see Edward with anyone other than Rose… I know, I know, you don’t hear that often! LOL. Anywho, no worries, I made it through alive!

I FLOVED Edward/Rose’s conversation in the car! *squees* They are SO made for one another. Their personalities are so similar! Contrary to what most people think, they aren’t really opposites! Edward and Rosalie are both arrogant, proud, possessive people with dominating personalities. And contrary to popular belief, opposites don’t attract. I mean, a neat, uptight, organized, OCD freak is not going to fall in love with some messy, happy-go-lucky, I-don’t-give-a-shit type of person. And this isn’t just my opinion either! I remember reading an article ( /bmCvHL ) saying that opposites DON’T really attract.

Okay, anyway, back to the story… OMG, I know I’m weird, but Edward/Rose getting it on in the car? So hot and ROMANTIC! I’m serious, there’s just something about doing “it” in a car that’s so sexy. ;)

Even though I was hoping Ed/R would just fuck right then and there in the car, I’m glad Edward still had SOME self-respect and pushed poor Rose off. I have no idea HOW he did it, because if I were Edward, I doubt I would be able to do it. I mean, don’t get me wrong, I’m straight, but your Rose is so strong and feisty, that I can’t help but want to make-out with her. LOL. (And I want to make-out with you ladies too, because you’re so awesome. HA!)

And the ending left me so giddy! Of course, you always leave me wanting MORE, MORE, MORE ( I’m just greedy for my Roseward like that. Sorry, I can’t help it; it’s in my blood. :P ). Maybe you can continue it? *bats eyelashes* Or IF y’all have time, you’ll do a sequel, prequel, outtakes, epilogues, ANYTHING? Or how ‘bout that 80’s Edward? *wink wink*

OMG, you ladies are so talented. I know I say this a lot, but please know that my endless appreciation for you both is 100% sincere. No words to describe the talent you ladies have. And WTF? How was it possible that THIS didn’t place? Injustice, I tell you! (And no, I’m not biased at all!) Seriously, I was shocked you two didn’t place! I so KNEW this piece was yours, because there was just “it” there. Now, I don’t know what that “it” is, but it’s just something magical. Your writing is really distinctive, and you have that “voice”. Your characters, whether it’s in Rose’s or Edward’s POV, there’s just that little “spark” there that makes your writing fucking SOAR! ;)

Okay, now to conclude this novel-long review, I just want to say thanks again for writing this wonderful o/s. Amazing, as always! Vive la Roseward!

With endless love, gratitude, and appreciation,

P.S. I just found THE Roseward story that started it all! “While We Drifted, We Were One” by Ooohlalaaa! I don’t know if you read it, but it was on FF, but somehow it disappeared. Using my detective skills (or just plain nerdiness!), I found it! OMG, I just spent the past day reading it, and fell in love all over again! I’d love to send you it, if you want! Trust me, it’s so AMAZING! It’s definitely worth the read!
saranic chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
And this is yet another reason why I LOVE roseward. I thought this was fantastic with the era and just fun to read.

Thanks for sharing!
Jessica0306 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I love you girls! I love your "decade pieces". You always find the perfect voice for the times and the characters. You obviously do your research as well.

Little player Edward using his parents' work for God as a way to get girls. I love that he has limits and won't "run with taken girls".

It's great that he met his match in Rosalie. What a pair they must be!

Lovely, wonderful, adorable, exquisite, amazing job - as always.
lalalove-Rae chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Dear all that is Holy. Greaserward. OMG. I think I just had heart palpitations. I have piles of homework calling my name, but really it can wait. I want to sqee for a bit over this. I flove it! I am sad that we don't talk much anymore. I think we need to fix this. My skype is SunRae93 and my fandom fb is Rae Marie (if you ask nicely I'll give you RL one too) I'm on gchat and twitter too. So there is no excuse now. (Other than school and cranky babies/hubbies)

Anyways, back to me sqeeeing. I totally imagined everyone's look. So fun, I love the fifties. They were so cute. I like to think that everyone dressed like Grease. Only in this they weren't breaking out into song every five seconds. Also, Edward on a bike. Yummmm. I would like some more please. Lots and lots more.

xoxo, Rae
Domysticated chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Excellent writing, really original story line. I really really enjoyed this story and I am so surprised it didn't place!

For me, the essence of Roseward is that they are so similar they can quit their posturing and facades and jsut be themselves with each other. I think you capture it really well!

Loved the setting, too.
rameau chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
You certainly made him, and his voice, unique enough. I flashed back to Smugward few times, but he plays in a different league (it's called AU).

I liked this rough mix of good and bad, for the both of them, and I guess there's the appeal of RoseWard. I was just left wondering how would have Edward reacted to seeing Rose not leaning to his locker that morning, but to Royce or Emmett. Would he have accepted the loss and moved on or would he have tried to fight or would he have waited for a while longer?

P.S. What was the shirt made of? Edward's shirt that Lauren tried to claw through? I'm just curious because you mentioned the material but never elaborated, not that I can remember ;)
And.also.angels chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
OMG! THIS WAS YOURS! aahahah of course it gotta be yoours thats why i lvoed loved loved loved loved! hahahah you should do an epilogue or something i was like ! AND! whta ht hell happenedç1 nexT or in the future hahaha lol!loved loved loved it