Reviews for The Star
ForEver chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
I loved this! It showed Cato perfectly! Good job!
Sincynati chapter 1 . 11/27/2010
When I first opened this window, the firs thing that struck me was how short it was. But when I read it... it was really the perfect length. And it certainly didn't /feel/ short, either.

I found it incredibly well written, more than I had expected from Just In stories- especially because it was written in present-tense first-person. :) Very good job!

"You can call me a monster, but I'm much more than that"

What a great line!

"Sure, so I've killed a few innocent people. That's not really my fault though; this is the Hunger Games. It's more or less mandatory."

This made me laugh out loud! It's not funny, but it is in this sick way.

"Well, the possessions aren't quite that new. I stole 'em off of that kid I killed from District 11."

Love it! Show's his character nicely :)

"I'm smiling happily to myself when I see them. The mutts. They're coming straight towards me, but I know I can outrun them. Well, as long as I know where I'm going. I don't want to run aimlessly through the woods, so I choose to run to the first place I can think of: the Cornucopia."

Another great example of his character!

I love how you turned this around at the end- one moment, believing himself to be a failure, the next... well, coming to terms with himself. Wonderful.

Cato has always been an obsession of mine (though... I kinda have yet to write a fic about him... :P) so seeing this and reading it have made me a happier person today! :)

Keep writing!