Reviews for Velveteen
blueeyesandliterature chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
This was absolutely beautiful. I wish I had more to say, but I can't even think of how to describe how this story made me feel.
SnowLion no Miko chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
You did an awesome job with this! I really love how you described everything, and the whole concept of the fic is great. Keep up the amazing work!
bgtea chapter 1 . 3/5/2007
Well, it's 3 in the morning and I have absolutely *no* idea what compelled me to search for old digimon fics in the first place, but I'm glad that I was able to find this. Honestly, there is so much to love about this - this fic is just very beautifully written. You are, truly, a talented story teller.

Of course, I'm aware that I'm 5 years late, but I still hope that these compliments will reach you. I wish I was able to go into the specifics to what I like the most about this fic, but right now, I think I'm still in awe to how good it is. Thanks for the good read!
SunMoonAndSpoon chapter 1 . 2/2/2007
That was...magnificant. I know you wrote it ages ago, God if you're still writing now I'm afraid of how good you must be. The concept was beautiful, I feel priveledged to be able to read something so spectacular. Yes, I'm gushing, but it was that good. The way you described his mental state, his detachment, was perfect, and the way you wove the Velveteen Rabbit into Digimon was so clever. This is a great work, and it makes me feel like I'm actually getting something out of this time I should be spending doing homework.

It does get a bit purple in parts, though. I absolutely adore the fic overall, and I'm favoriting it, but sometimes your descriptions got to be a little much. 'Heliotrope irises' and the like. But all in all, amazing job.
Sapphire Dragons chapter 1 . 1/25/2005
wow! That was amazing! i really enjoyed it!
takuya chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
wow that was a very cool story i really liked it tons
Higuchimon chapter 1 . 7/29/2004
This is such an adorable story. It's more than just my unchanging love for Kensuke, it's just extremely well done. Ken could well doubt his own reality, and how he decided he *was* real was sweet.

The imagery of his mother informing him he *was* going to clean, like it or not, and of his beginning efforts was extremely evocative. I could almost see it in my head. The phrasing of some things was somewhat flowery, but it fits Ken, I think. Or at least it doesn't feel out of place.

There are one or two words that don't fit (I think the word you wanted was 'reins' not 'reigns' in one place), but overall it's just well done.

The switching of points of view isn't something I usually enjoy, but it just fit here, bringing immediacy to Ken's feelings in a way that the third person might not have.

I truly enjoyed reading thing. :)
Tannah Javed chapter 1 . 3/6/2003
Wow, very very nice. I'll have to save this one.
DarkSakura IIDX chapter 1 . 8/7/2002
Wow. I found this by accident when I was digging through 'fics online. I don't know how I didn't see it to begin with.

This is a very remarkable story. You have considerable talent!
Debra chapter 1 . 5/5/2002
Eek! Wow that was so incredibly good. I'm so jealous of your huge vocabulary. And YAY! Thanks to your wonderful stories, I've had my Kensuke fill. Now I can go to bed.
Essence Spirit and EssenceToo lazy to sign in chapter 1 . 4/8/2002
...that was...that was...that was...thatwasamazing. Oh man that was too good. I really like this writing style one of the best. The ending was...facanating. It really hit the nail on the head, a perfect ending. I like what you did to the fic. I hope I get to see more of your work.
spike4928 chapter 1 . 3/25/2002
This rocks.
Alex and Michiko chapter 1 . 3/24/2002
This was very, very, very well written. You obviously use your vocabulary. And it was a nice story, too...
CosmicStar chapter 1 . 3/15/2002
Michelle, as always - the writing was gorgeous. The words you use to describe such simple things make them even come to life in the reader's mind. I felt as if I was standing in that very room, watching Ken read and think about Daisuke. You have such a gift in these areas. Maybe one day, you'll writing professionally. I hope.

Much Love,

agnes chapter 1 . 3/14/2002
Wow. You have an impressive command of language. Very detailed imagery. Hee hee, I remember my second grade teacher reading "The Velveteen Rabbit" to my class. I always wondered when /my/ favorite stuffed animal would become real... ;_; Great, great story.