Reviews for Kiiroibara
Marionetka chapter 1 . 6/17/2012
You know what? I think that this is the exact thing Gene needs - someone to talk to. I like the way you developed Gene's emotions towards Rhodey. They really couldn't stand each other from the very beginning. It does make sense that Gene envied Rhodey, that he has a loving mother.

Gene's memories about his mum are really well written. I like this tiny things that the boy remembers - smells, textures, feelings... It's beautiful.

Thanks for sharing this :)
nelliel3 chapter 1 . 1/6/2012
That was so cool! I love how you explored the relationship between Rhodey and Gene a bit more, because you don't think about it, but they both just hated each other right from the beginning. Anyways, i loved it!
Dark Mind of the American Teen chapter 1 . 6/12/2011
"Uh...no, Rhodey. I don't think he's gonna hit on your mom,"
Jessica chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
I think this is one of the most beautiful pieces of literature i have ever read.I felt Genes sadness on so many levels, and i know you truly wrote this from your heart and personal experience.

please keep writing more stories dear.

This is proof you truly have talent in this category.

3 3
Divinity of Eternity chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Another perfect story

I'm faving this
MadroxMR chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Just as good the second time around! My favorite parts are the quotes up top, the flashback, Gin's humorous thoughts about beaning Rhodey in the Temple of Wisdom, Roberta, and the very last line.

Any particular reason you haven't set the character filters to 'Gene' and 'Roberta'? I bet that's a unique combo that might attract readers' attention.
Magnusrae chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Ah, well if anyone needs a mother figure, it would be Gene Khan. I have a feeling he wouldn't appreciate her insight if she started nosing around in Mandarin stuff though. ;)

I really liked the beginning. You wrote Gene's PoV well. Especially reliving the Temple of Wisdom parts, lol.

I don't think I've ever read another story that featured Roberta. You captured every aspect of her character. The physical description was accurate if not a bit flowery. I really liked her Mom radar and how she got Gene to open up just a little, without even really trying. Overall, a nice little characterization story.