Reviews for Fighting the Good Fight
Kelly Chambliss chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
I love the believable tension and regard you show between Minerva and Griselda; G. knows just when to be tough and stern. And Pomona functions perfectly as the Everyreader/Watson to the others' dynamic. I especially love the careful way you explore the ethical dimensions that DH canon left unexamined.

The tea/ink transfiguration - inspired, and so character-revealing.
A-zla chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
Awesome! Love how you describe minerva's transfiguration skills!
LillyPheonix chapter 2 . 12/5/2010
Very sound explaination of McGonagall and Harry's useage of the imperious/cruciatous curse.
tetleybag chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Such a wonderful story! I love how you explore the full dimension of casting Unforgivables - Alastor is the perfect character to use here, and you do it so well. Griselda's intérieur, Pomona the friend, Griselda herself - perfect.

/As she stepped into the hearth after the Professor, Pomona wondered what it would be like to get an Order of Merlin. On the whole, she thought she preferred Professor Marchbanks's curt assessment./ Ah, yes!
Swallow B chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
I really liked this story when I read it first, without knowing who wrote it. Such a great tribute to Minerva, a wonderful illustration of her obstinacy to do the right thing, and her incorruptible honesty (a real Libra). Great portrait of Griselda too. The details of her house and garden bring her alive. And Moody and Pomona so IC - it's hard to imagine Pomona casting Unforgivables. That could explain the "look of grim understanding" between Minerva and Pomona in DH.

This is the kind of story that stays with you and that you come back to read several times.
Kelly Chambliss chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I love the way this story fits, not only with book canon, but with the fanon of your previous Minerva/Willa stories (which are pretty much official canon for me, anyway).

I also love the decorating details of Griselda's home - they're very appealing *and* they do such effective thematic and character work: we know just what sort of person she is. Pomona, too, is so fully-developed - teh way she thinks in gardening metaphors, her level-headedness.

Then there's the thoughtful way you set up the moral issues: I like the way you do it through narration and through the contrasts of Minerva versus Alastor: we trust both of them, which means that readers get no easy way out of the ethical dilemmas; we're forced to consider a variety of viewpoints and to see that there's no one, clear answer.
moira of the mountain chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Oh - I do like this very much - sensitive and intriquing... you always have Alastor spot on, too ! More !
22 | « Prev Page 1 2