Reviews for Edward's Epiphany
Rasa.Ra chapter 1 . 10/14/2012
I love to get this kind of insight into Edwards mind.. Beautifully written
Eeyorefan12 chapter 1 . 10/4/2012
Well, having just told you on Twitter how much I loved this story, I'm embarrassed to learn that I never reviewed it here! Anyway, I make so secret of the fact that I'm a canon girl when it comes to Twilight and I particularly enjoy "discovering" early Edward before Bella. Not that I don't enjoy the romance of their story but, of course, it is told through Bella's point of view and Edward is such an amazing and fascinating creature in his own right. This is a delightful addition to Edward's "backstory" and I especially loved all the true-to-character interactions between Edward and his family members. I hope you have the time and 'mojo' to write some more of these. You have a rare and true understanding of the Twilight characters and it's fun to visit with them through your eyes!
abbyweyr chapter 1 . 6/15/2012
patience a little longer Edward. Very well told insight. Tanya tried so hard, guess she helped in a way. Alice and her fashion designers, since it was a shirt that gave away the timing using the names as a distraction was appropriate. Thanks for sharing. Off to read a couple of others.
averysubtlegift chapter 1 . 2/15/2012
How perfect that Alice could pinpoint the time in her vision by what Edward was wearing (and then rushing to order said shirt - how proactive of her)

I was recently in an ADF campfire where Edward was being bashed quite soundly - and I wonder if after so much has gotten muddled by fic and movies, if we forget the truth of Edward. I love that you are digging for the root of that here. That you have used his epiphany and choice as a catalyst for what Alice sees. I love that he had the opportunity to see himself happy. I think often his treatment of Bella and their relationship gets misunderstood - because people forget that Edward is a vampire and the situation is vastly different and more complex than a regular human relationship - and they forget that he was alone for so long. Bella was something he never imagined he would find, and the fact that he reacts the way he does isn't surprising when one remembers these things.

A wonderful piece of writing. Thanks for sharing.
BookwormBaby2580 chapter 1 . 12/15/2011
I love this. What a terrific moment to write, and it was so beautifully and thoughtfully handled. Marvelous!
NixDucky chapter 1 . 11/15/2011
Wait. So you don't think Edward would have a deep, abiding affection for the musical greatness that is The Bee Gee's? *GASP*
miaokuancha chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
I love the quote at the beginning. I think it's interesting that for all of her non-romanticness, it is Tanya who recognizes and tells Edward that he is a romantic. There is a lot to be said for her knowledge and understanding of men, and I think it especially interesting that her insights to the soul had been gained carnally. I would so love to see a story written with that as the focus of the erotic material, rather than simply writing it as an invitation to the reader to fantasize sexually.

Esme's thought also just got me: "It's so cold out there and he's all alone . . ."

Alice trying to help Edward's decision and the vision it engendered come true by buying the shirt.

This really is a lovely little story.
WoodLily chapter 1 . 7/15/2011
Hello! I've been remiss not reviewing this before now, especially as I believe I've read it at least twice. What a wonderfully descriptive piece.

You portray Edward's self-loathing very well. And I love the way you have him make the journey towards his epiphany.

The connubial bliss of his family members makes him so uncomfortable, doesn't it? Has he been in denial about his need for a mate for all these years, or has he *really* been happy being alone? It's difficult to tell, and I don't think he yet has the emotional maturity to decide that for himself. But, sigh, Tanya's right: he is a romantic.

The scene with Tanya & the BeeGees killed me, by the way. Who indeed would give their children such awful names? Ahem: my dad's name is Barry. And he actually had a friend named Maurice. I do not lie.

I enjoyed this very much and I look forward to reading the next fruit of your literary labours.

Cheers!
Debbie in S. Florida chapter 1 . 6/20/2011
Oh, this was wonderful. I found your stories from reading WoodLily's profile page, and I'm so glad I did. Your writing is just beautiful, and being an Edward fanatic, I'm happy to say you write him perfectly, which is saying something-I'm hard to please when it comes to EPOV! The thing that kept getting me was that this is something that definitely could've happened pre-Bella. I always wonder about his feelings about being the odd man out among three sets of lovers his family, and that he must have, no matter how much he pretended not to, feel very alone. I can't even imagine so many years of listening and witnessing their love for one another, thinking he'll never have anything like that himself. And the Tanya thing was very believable, too. I thought he must have wondered what was wrong with him, as most men wouldn't say no to her. Did he really think love wasn't something he'd ever experience, or did he believe there was someone out there for him, but he hadn't met her yet? You certainly answered some questions for me. I really, really enjoyed this, and can't wait to check out your other stories. If you read my profile, you'll see I read a little of everything, though mostly AH and primarily E&B, but I do enjoy a vampfic now and again. Definitely enjoyed yours.

Debbie
AllTheOtherNamesAreUsed chapter 1 . 4/30/2011
This is wonderful! I don't know why it's taken me so long to start reading your stories, but I'm definitely going to be working my way through them from now on. Everything felt very canon and very real. His longing, both when he thinks of Esme and Carlisle in bed, and as they are marrying, is exquisite. Very, very nicely done. I look forward to reading more of your stories.
CatchEmAllEe chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
That was really beautiful :D So well done, and obviously we know it turns out well :) Thanks for sharing!
Usameisje chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Poor Edward! So alone in the world. It's time he finds that mate;)