Reviews for A Shock to the System
ChristyWIX chapter 24 . 9/25/2014
Hey! A non-chapter . . . psyche!
ChristyWIX chapter 23 . 9/25/2014
What a really cute idea for his birthday party. Yes, it was over the top, or should I say, over the big-top . . . lol . . . for a one year old's birthday. However, I see the reason why Edward, neƩ Cullen, was so intent on it being this big. It was for the ending and his wonderful proposal! Loved that, it was delicious. Her breakdown over the loss and Ben and Ang was oh, so believable. It does hit you randomly, and not necessarily it a timely manner. The way you wrote that, was absolutely perfect, the pictures causing the sudden grief . . . and ultimately the exact thing to move past all of it. Always remembering, yet finally without the massive sadness, just quasi sadness. Really great job on that part.
ChristyWIX chapter 22 . 9/25/2014
They got their morning schmexy on and I loved it! Not for the sex, but for the closeness . . . these two are getting closer and closer by the minute. Loving it! The zoo was super cute, with the elephant . . . awww. I wouldn't correct anyone either. Sometimes, it's better to just smile, thank them and move on. For example once, about twenty years ago, an elderly woman I didn't know asked me when I was due. I smiled at her and said I was around four months and went about my way. I have not ever been pregnant, but I didn't want to embarrass her. The damage from her saying that would have hurt her more than me. Loved the cake batter fiasco and especially what it led to, her honesty at a unexpected time. He was just elated . . . he said it back three times! I just knew he was waiting for her to say it first . . . he would've calmly waited a while, I think. Sometimes, the woman has to say it first . . . this was one of those situations. Big smiles here from this reader!
ChristyWIX chapter 21 . 9/25/2014
This chapter was all kinds of wonderful too. I really liked that they all missed each other. Robby, Bella and Edward, while he was away. The excitement this baby has when he sees Edward is fantastic. I'm guessing he's the same with Bella too, but no EPOV to tell us so . . . and she doesn't really express it in her talking to us. Emmett was fantastic with Robby . . . tickling him. I had never ever heard that tickling and stuttering thing in my life. I have no children, but my brother has three and my husband's sister has four . . . so, I'm not completely out of the loop. I am glad you said it was a myth . . . it is odd that I've never heard that . . . unless it was strictly for this story? Yay, for Jasper and Alice! It was wonderful that they said second grandchild . . . Bella was flabbergasted. She finally realized this was her 'everything' . . . family, love and life. It was kind of fantastic to witness her get that after being burned in her life, by her life. She also realized she loves him. When, if at all, will she call him Edward . . . the Cullen is so informal for romance . . . even a nickname would be better than his last name. I know why Ben called him that . . . it's a guy thing. I can even understand Ang calling him that by default. Bella though? Give the man a nickname STAT! Loved the whole lemon. It was hot but, the words back and forth, those were great and I loved it. He almost slipped again . . . reined the ILY back in though and covered nicely with the 'one that, that feels like heaven'. I hope she doesn't wait until his birthday to say ILY . . . that is a month away and she knows now and we know he is itching to say it too. Loved the ending when he said they were now sleeping in the same room together from now on . . . that was freaking adorable. I was hoping once they made love, that they would be together fully.
ChristyWIX chapter 20 . 9/25/2014
A lazy morning . . . her two guys with sweet potato faces . . . Robby saying 'Beh' . . . the park . . . her opening up to him about her life . . . a couple fantastic orgasms. Really a great chapter. I really like where this is headed. I loved that he said please let my family be your family, they love you and really want you in their lives. How freaking sweet is that? She didn't know what he wanted to say there at the end . . . but, I felt the ILY that wanted to come out of his mouth so very badly. Your a/n on this one says only one more chapter and an epi . . . yet there are six more chapters . . . YAY!
ChristyWIX chapter 19 . 9/25/2014
That was really hot. I'm glad they decided to wait. Would I like an EPOV of him taking care of himself right now? Hell yeah, I would! 'Cause I'm percy that way. I'm still curious as to if he heard her that night she got herself off and called his name . . . and then heard the floorboards squeak. I'm going with yes . . . but, still want him to tell her he heard her.
ChristyWIX chapter 18 . 9/25/2014
I am so proud of her for NOT freaking out about him calling her his date . . . progress . . . YAY! She understood and then he told he did want her to be his date. It was so sweet. They held hands . . . woohoo! The family was fun and all was not lost with Garrett and Bree, as it looked like they managed to figure each other out by the end of their night. Whew! You blew me away with his words when they got home and were sitting on the couch. He just let it ALL out didn't he. He has really liked her all along and he has had feelings for her the whole time. He tried so hard not to catch feeling for her that night . . . but, she won his heart anyway. He knew what she was doing from the start and he was playing the same game. Ben and Ang really did call this right after all. They were really meant for each other. His being so very upset the night they died was not only the loss of friends, but more his heart breaking for Bella and her loss. What amazing, wonderful words to spill out to her all at once here in this chapter. I floved this chapter the best of all of them so far. Just . . . GAH!
ChristyWIX chapter 17 . 9/25/2014
Love the idea of the date night. Used to have that every Friday night with this couple we are close with. They moved to Phoenix and we are still here in San Francisco . . . so, that puts a big dent into the Friday night get togethers. We miss them. I digress. At first when Alice suggested this, I was worried about Bree and Garrett catching Edward and Bella's eyes. Then, I remembered that Edward already knew Bree, when Bella mentioned the night once Edward got back home. So, I put it out of my mind. Then, you put it right back in there with Garrett flirting with Bella and not with Bree. That was sad for Bree and Bella wasn't even trying . . . she was just being nice. I hope she doesn't flip a gasket on his ass for the comment he made to Garrett. They are making progress finally and I don't want backward steps taken . . . there is so much more they need to accomplish and not very many chapters left. Wow, I got a whiney there . . . I am sorry. Moving on . . .
ChristyWIX chapter 16 . 9/25/2014
I'm so glad he admitted he had feelings for her. Looks like it was from the first night, just as Ben suspected, too. What was cool, was that you wrote it as him being sincere. It wasn't an alcohol induced rant, he meant it and repeated it again in the morning. Kissing her again. Loved his 'fuck it' and going in, regardless of the breath. I also really love how he already knows she overthinks things and that she will try and given enough time, most likely would, talk herself right out of this 'thing' that is developing between them. Him knowing this, he's allowing her processing time. He will try again. And, again. I like this . . . the flow and the developing feeling she is having. I'm beginning to think that he's had them all along. I think his assholery (yeah, I make up words) was the gene in most boys and sadly, some men that when they like someone they freak out and are mean. Kind of like the little boys on the playground that would pull your pigtails. I'm thinking his was a dick to her, because she didn't try to impress him with her outfit that first night. Then he noticed her attitude and was all, 'screw this chick'. Oh, this is going to be fun . . . watching this play out.
ChristyWIX chapter 15 . 9/24/2014
Don't have a clue what Bella may do . . . but, I think Edward is going to start hurling any second now. It was really hot when they licked her arm . . . especially when he did. That kiss was hot as hell too. I love how he told her to not overthink it. Then she was telling herself not to over think it. That was all really cute. Is it you that loves Billy Idol so much . . . or, did you pick him for another reason? Gotta say, even though I was a teen in the eighties, outside of Mony Mony (sp?) and White Wedding, I know no others of his.
ChristyWIX chapter 14 . 9/24/2014
I can understand why she shut herself down, as we are in her head. I don't understand why he's cranky all over again. Why was he so pissed the next morning? Like she noted, he had to have heard her. So, why pissed off? I'm lost on this chapter . . . and a little more than confused. Also, if they are both drunk, who's taking care of Robby? They need to think about that. At least they should. Makes me really glad the UBS and I went the child free route with our lives . . . yay us!
ChristyWIX chapter 13 . 9/24/2014
That went so very well . . . and she's getting more and more memorized by him very day that goes by. At least he laughed at the lemon pie bit. He's flirting with her too. His question at the end brought the concurring theme through to the forefront. Him wiping his hand on his pants every time he touches her . . . or shaking it out like he's been shocked . . . he's so feeling the electric current they normally feel in the fics . . . she's not feeling it yet . . . although, she did feel a tingle earlier that hints at her body waking up to that current.
ChristyWIX chapter 12 . 9/24/2014
They were all kinds of mortified there with her nakedness. Funny stuff! He was very kind about it. Her locking herself in her room all night, out of embarrassment, was funny too. I liked that they had the friends conversation. I think,that's definitely a step in the right direction. Glasses again . . . gah! She had fun with the ladies and it seems she may have made a couple of new friends too. That would be so hard, knowing that Ang and Ben would love the new friendships happening. Lemon pie . . . he didn't get it . . . or, he did and he's doing this to be funny. Either way, it's funny and she's embarrassed again.
ChristyWIX chapter 11 . 9/24/2014
Mrs. Volturi, Jane, was rather uncouth . . . must be new money, as old wouldn't speak like that to random people she hasn't even met yet. Those questions . . . were horrid to be asking. I thought Bella's response was funny though. I felt bad for her at the same time, wondering how you reel that back in. Still, I giggled. At least Cullen was rather okay with the whole thing, even laughed about it and said he would get her anything she wants. Funny. Then rockin' out and not realizing they came home . . . her being naked and dripping in the hallway . . . fantastic! If he'd not noticed anything yet with her . . . he has now.
ChristyWIX chapter 10 . 9/24/2014
You made it better . . . thank fuck! There for a minute, I was expecting Edward to think with his dick and not his brain. Thank you for surprising me. I'm so glad he not only sent her away, but sent her off for good. Whew! You were making me want to bail, and I never bail on stories, with the Tanya bit. I love the little bits of Bella noticing Edward. First his eyes, then his ass. Funny stuff. I wonder if Edward is noticing little things of Bella as well? I'm super happy he's choosing to place Robby first . . . and by default, Bella too.
1,141 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »