Reviews for A Gambler's Soul
Beckydaspatz chapter 1 . 9/18/2011
Oooooh good one! I like alot! :D

P.s. I'm halfway done with all your stories, YAY! :-)
Katydid43 chapter 1 . 1/15/2011
You know, something struck me while I was reading this one. How scary would the Winchesters be if neither one of them had a soul? Scary thought huh? It makes me shudder just thinking about it! Anyhoo… Very well written! I can hardly wait until the end of January to see what Sam's going to be like now that he's gotten his soul back. Just exactly how far behind did I get? Hopefully, this is the last one.
Shannz chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
*"Last time I gambled for your life, remember?"*

I remember. It was a time when we knew and could see how much Sam cared.

I think that's what is so hard for me when it comes to Sam this season. No matter what they've been through in the past there was always a sense that the brothers cared about each other. With that gone and/or being so one-sided this season...it's just hard.

Great moment between them, sad as I found it.

Nice job - as always ;)

-shan
Edina Clouds chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
great use of drabble word hun!

Viv

x
Dizzo chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
This is a good point; even though I know absolutely nothing about poker, I can imagine having no soul would be a distinct advantage.

I love the way Sam reminded Dean that he benefited from Sam's poker skills before, but Dean would always want to play fair :)

x
Amberdreams chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Great minds eh? We had similar ideas this week, I wonder how many other drabblers will have gone this way...

Loved the build up of atmosphere and the reminder from not!Sam of happier times - you've captured that ambiguity in this Sam that is always present, and Dean's determined reaction rings true.
BarbaraGER chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
You know what I like the most? "Last time I gambled for your life, remember?" That's the best part in this wonderful piece of art. And it's so sad to know how Sam would say that – in a cold, non-caring, playful tone, although he should sound so different.

Once again you managed to portray Sam as some stranger – eyes like frozen mud? Awesome!

Also, the last passage is great, Dean winning Sam back by his rules. Awww.

See you later, hon!