Reviews for Gaston's Christmas Carol
thereallegend123 chapter 2 . 9/5/2012
Wow, I kinda want to thank you for writing this! Please continue it.
Edwardian Elrician chapter 2 . 9/3/2012
love this story I do hope you finish this some day.
Razzmatazz Lady chapter 2 . 4/15/2011
This is really good. :0 I love Gaston's comments. Are you going to update this?
Razzmatazz Lady chapter 1 . 4/15/2011
Hmm...interesting. :)

Gaston's pretty funny in this.
Fangirl9001 chapter 2 . 12/31/2010
Pleeeeeease continue this! It's awesome, and Gaston is really in-character. You've captured his obnoxiously Gastony essence. 8D
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 2 . 12/9/2010
Apologies for not reviewing this last night when I read it, but my internet suddenly became insanely slow and refused to send my review.

I like how you've incorporated Enchanted Christmas fully into this story. I'm always ambiguous on using it because it sometimes slips out of character, but for a story like this it works well.

Gaston is a lot of fun to watch interact with the Beast. The Beast gets to say all this profound stuff and Gaston's just thinking about himself and how awesome he is. I hope something sinks in by the end of this little adventure.

I can't wait to see what the next chapter holds! Update soon! (I know you've got a lot on your plate-school can be a drag, particularly at the end of a term-but I am always happy when you update a story)

Samoa
KiraJenLove chapter 2 . 12/8/2010
Very good! You've really captured Gaston's character here - he's saying everything you'd expect him to say. Can't wait for the next chappie! :)
Rose Emeraldfay chapter 2 . 12/8/2010
Is it possible to request continuation, or is that pushing it?

How... Awesome! It's a good that you were able to catch me in a super-good mood.

And now, I feel slightly giddy.

/- Rose Emeraldfay
teh Michiru chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This is an intriguing beginning; I hope you continue with it. I do wonder, though- is Gaston dreaming of the Beast coming to teach him a life lesson? Because by the end of the movie, the Beast isn't a beast anymore.

I think you managed to get Gaston's character across really well, though some of the snarkier dialogue might be a stretch, considering the ratio of cunning to muscle we're dealing with. I also hope you avoid the pitfall of having Gaston feel too sympathetic too quickly- even if this is a redemption story for Gaston, he's still a rather unpleasant character at the moment. It would feel unrealistic for him to come around without a lot of unconventional therapy.

Thanks for sharing this with us, I hope to see you continue it.
Starfire201 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I have to say, that so far this is one of the more amusing retells of A Christmas Carol I've read so far. I'll be looking out for the rest.
KiraJenLove chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Interesting! I'd like to read more! :)
Rose Emeraldfay chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Woah, nice. I like this, I also think BatB needs more christmas stories that are completed. I say this could work. I wonder who the ghost of christmas present is. Laters, I need to take my meds.
SamoaPhoenix9 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I am very excited to read the rest of this story. I particularly like the little nods to Dickens in your prose. Now I need to go re-read A Christmas Carol. And get started on my own Christmas fic for this season. Stupid schoolwork, getting in the way.

Samoa
TrudiRose chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
I totally LOVE this! (Well, you could have guessed that, LOL.) You know, for someone who used to dislike Gaston, you've become REALLY great at writing him! :) I love that Beast is the one to teach him this lesson, because Beast really CAN relate to having been an arrogant, selfish entitled jerk.

I always love your humor too. I think my favorite line in this was "Your past is boring." That cracked me up. Oh, and "six months and half a potato."

Awesome work as always! Can't wait for the update!