Reviews for Mistaken Assumptions
littlemichiru chapter 26 . 12/8/2016
This was a perfect ending, even though I would love to see the weddings/ceremonies and people's reactions to Atemu and Yugi's union.
Yugi almost dying, Atemu showing the people what happens when you take away the person he loves, Yugi being brave, and Atemu saying they will be equal gave some balance to the story.
After the rape thing and the beatings were put aside the story turned even better.
It was a good one.
littlemichiru chapter 25 . 12/8/2016
*sighs* Everything was going so well and now Anzu dies. I must say she is not my favorite character and I didn't miss her when she was rarely mention throughout the story but it is such a pity. Her death ruined a great scene and a family.
I am not sure how in character it is for Yugi to be the one in control this way but it is in character for him to be all ready to pleasure Atemu. I think it was a refreshing and important step in their relationship, however it would be more meaningful if it didn't have such a bad memory tied to it
littlemichiru chapter 24 . 12/8/2016
I believe Yugi acted quite right. He protected his lover the best way he could. Yugi worries too much. Atem showed him time and time again that he won't start a war against Yugi's kingdom. Also, just because Yugi and Atem are married that doesn't mean Yugi won't decide about his kingdom anymore. Yes, it will be part of Egypt, but Yugi will still be the real ruler.
littlemichiru chapter 23 . 12/7/2016
Aside of the fact that it was rape no matter what yugi says, the chapter was beautiful. Jou and the others need to fully accept the fact they are siblings but I liked how protective jou was of Yugi. Atem was finally the man we wanted him to be, the man yugi deserves. And now maybe they can all be the best they could be.
littlemichiru chapter 22 . 12/7/2016
Now we finally get Bakura's story. Of course such a smart individual should know better but since Ryou forgave him let's hope they will be happy together. I would like at some point for everyone to know what happened between Atem and Yugi. And for the siblings to come for real closer
littlemichiru chapter 21 . 12/7/2016
I hope that slowly since the end is here the couples will work their way through the problems. I felt a bit better seeing yugi telling Atem what he did to him and seeing Atem breaking down but they really need to work things out
littlemichiru chapter 20 . 12/7/2016
I really can't skip the fact that yugi's grandfather pushes yugi to be with Atem before he talks with his grandson and understands what happened. And Atem says he wants to make amends but he keeps pushing yugi instead of proving himself. Not to mention the touches and invasion of privacy only show yugi he isn't safe.
It also pains me to see that the princes don't confide to each other. Probably they don't know about the rape.
littlemichiru chapter 19 . 12/7/2016
It would be a lie to say that I didn't enjoy jou hitting Atem. If only everyone knew what Atem did to Yugi. Solomon should have never let the Egyptians in so easily. Only Seto was nice to jou. Only this couple is healthy. The only problem is that those two have a problem with station and social rank. I can't believe that Solomon allowed the pharaoh in yugi's room just like that. What kind of grandfather would do that? And yugi is the real king. Solomon should be the advisor of the king. In acting as the king he proves that yugi isn't capable of being king. This is all wrong.
Also flogging the pharaoh even if he is supposedly a slave is wrong. We all know that the pharaoh was supposed to be a god. You said it yourself. If words gets out of this...the pharaoh's reputation is ruined. And I don't agree with jou being beaten too. I was half expecting yugi to find out and stop this.
Also I really wanted to see Ryou, Malik, Yugi, and jou joining forces because from the very first chapter we are told of their friendship and how they were always together but they never work together
littlemichiru chapter 18 . 12/6/2016
Cheer cheer for grandpa Solomon. Yugi you should have told your friends.
Turnarounds, guys. But the others are too good to be as cruel as you were
littlemichiru chapter 17 . 12/6/2016
Okay. I don't want to insult anyone but this is ridiculous. Atem raped yugi. He actually raped him. Mana explains that to yugi's great uncle and what siamun does is get those two married without explaining a thing. He married a rape and kidnapped victim to their captor. And no one but yugi's grandfather fights against it! How is that possible?
littlemichiru chapter 16 . 12/6/2016
Suuuure, Atem. Because it was hard to find out about Yugi's birthmark when pegasus was after him or when Dartz was close to yugi's father. You saw what yugi wore that day for you.
Sure, trust the man that killed a whole village and yugi's sister!
littlemichiru chapter 15 . 12/6/2016
I am so glad yugi fought back. Pegasus is taken care of now by Atem but unfortunately pegasus' actions brought Dartz' attention on yugi. Bad. So bad.
littlemichiru chapter 14 . 12/6/2016
Siamun is yugi's great uncle. Kind of like a grandfather to Atem. Haha Atem doesn't remember siamun talking about yugi. He doesn't know yugi has such strong family. Now yugi's family, real family, is back and ready to get him
littlemichiru chapter 13 . 12/6/2016
This was an interesting chapter. Quite interesting indeed. I wonder if yugi can do something about Atem's migraines. Dartz... I knew Dartz was a villain but yugi's thoughts seem to lead us towards him being the Main villain
littlemichiru chapter 12 . 12/6/2016
Light to darkness, beating and abusing said darkness instead of talking to them and showing them how important they are.
Malik's attitude was golden. So if I got it right yugi, Ryou, joey, shizuka, and Malik are all siblings