Reviews for Halo: Venator
This is some creepy freakin stuff man. Well written and well put together. To bad it's a dead fic.
Guest chapter 1 . 9/7/2013
Please continue. You have a awesome story going and many people would read it.
MidGerm chapter 1 . 3/28/2013
this story has captured my interest
ASniper chapter 4 . 12/22/2012
Been a while since I visited this, and the chapter that's been added since is very good at holding a reader's interest. The Eve anecdote, while it didn't seem especially related (though fitting with how aloof lightspeed-fast thinking AIs can be), it was a fascinating tale in its own, and I very much liked Puppet Master's line about Calypso donating her brain to science.

Another thing is the Indigo Team. They come off as competent without even needing a gratuitous scene smacking some Covenant mooks around in combat, and I can really believe they're the ultra-capable supersoldiers they're supposed to be. The Huragok is also an interesting inclusion, maybe not standing out as much as the previous notes, but cool in that its dialogue constantly seems like it thinks in a different way.

All in all, very well-written, about interesting characters taking part in interesting events. Good job.
son of ted chapter 1 . 5/17/2012
nice work! is their any chance of this being updated soon? keep on writing!
Asasininja4827 chapter 1 . 4/5/2012
Frankly I'm shocked at the low reviews, this is a very good fic. Keep it up cause I like it.
Godzilla2 chapter 4 . 2/22/2012
All I gotta say is, dont let this story die. this is way to good for it to die.

Oh and, sometimes there needs to be alittle bit more clarity on who is doing what. I found myself having to read

some things over to see who was doing what. well, UPDATE SOON PLEASE!
Marshall chapter 4 . 12/29/2011
Cool story. Why does this not have more reviews? Come on, people, quit being lazy!
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 3 . 8/29/2011
Love it.
Josef Engle chapter 2 . 4/28/2011
'Ello

I was in on the origonal planing of the ten book alien series and some of the subsequent devlopment meetings . You have inadvertantly hit it right on the nose your works on this story line match up to the origonal direction they were going to go with before the studio's became in control of the creative process, My compliments to you and will hope to see nore of this line from you

J
Nartog chapter 2 . 3/19/2011
a well writen captivating story , only have one question is the war over at the time of this fic ? I doubt they found chief if it is but still it would be interesting to see some covies comming in as reinforcments at a later part of the story.
SergeantMeow chapter 2 . 2/21/2011
This story is very clearly lacking the reviews that it deserves, but don't be discouraged by that. It most likely is due to the obscurity of the crossover selection.

All in all, that was a fantastic read. Coincidentally, I just got done rewatching Alien and Aliens with my friends last night, so this was incredibly on topic for me. And I feel like you've really nailed the sense of suspense that is the trademark of the Alien series. This story is unfolding just as one of the movies would, with the Marines being sent in completely unaware of just what it was that they were getting themselves into. The plot with the Innies-who-aren't-really-Innies just adds to the intrigue, and it really is shaping up to be quite a suspenseful fic. I was really impressed with how they had sealed their base from the inside, so that none of the aliens could get out. That shows some amazing sense of self-sacrifice, as most if not all of the humans who encounter these aliens are usually just concerned with running for their lives. It'll be interesting to see what will happen now that the base has been breached. At least these Marines will have better odds of survival than any of the Marines in the movies, as they are quite used to fighting xenoforms and seem to be much better equipped, least of all being the inclusion of a trio of Spartans.

One thing I'd request would be a clarification of the timeline, as this is set in 2557, four years after the end of the Covenent War. That means there are probably all sorts of advancements in available technology, as least as far as the Marines go. It would be interesting to note if there were any new technologies developed/shared that may give them a high chance of survival, such as personal shields for ODSTs or improved alloys.

In any case, I really look forward to more of this story. Thanks so much for sharing it with us.
lorephunk chapter 2 . 1/23/2011
well i hope you're not bored of writing this story man. that happens too much, no-one seems to bother reviewing a great story and the writer just gives up. maybe it won't help that this is a kinda obscure section lol. i like it when aliens come up against something that's a match for them physically, like predator and such. in the standalone movies they just run scream and gun, so it just makes a change to have them fight something like a spartan that's not scared to punch them back. adds a little extra jazz. i see it hasn't been long since your last update so i'll wait to hear from you dude
Just a Crazy-Man chapter 2 . 12/12/2010