Reviews for Where the Sun is Silent
Scribble2Much chapter 1 . 1/8/2011
Very good, as usual. I really like your style. I'm hoping we'll all be out of this very dark place when Season 6 picks up again. I think our nerves and tolerance have been stretched to the limit.

I like that this ends on a hopeful note. I look forward to Part 2.

Keep writing.
Heartless BytchhakaHelenBach1 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Ahhhh yes, the delicious angst. I could eat it with a spoon like chocolate ice cream. *looks at you suspiciously about your "spoony" name*.

While everyone else is scurrying around writing happy crappy fan fic about SimSam getting his soul back, you are writing the dark angst ridden stuff that needs to be written at this point. Thank you so much. It's been a lean time for the angst whores like moi that thrive on the oh so sweet dark meat.

(((It's not okay, Sammy, Dean thinks as he slides into blood-soaked sleep and Sam's defective doppleganger shifts papers around at the table. It's not okay, but it's gonna be.

You can count on it.)))

Are you implying he's gonna kill SimSam?

* flails with anticipation and eagerness*

Get busy with it Spoony. More angst with a side of angst and some extra angst on the side covered in angst.

HB's in a dark place right now and she needs a healthy (unhealthy?) *shrugs* dose of horror and angst.

*whispers "Go Darker" *

Yes, I'm a freak for angst and horror. Shut the Hellz up and write moarr.

LOL *smishes you tight*
CeCe Away chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Love how Dean will never ever give up. This is wonderfully written with some really tender lines in there.
Psychee chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
I really enjoyed this internal monolog. It hit on several themes about Dean's current situation that I have been thinking about: Dean trading people who really cared about him for someone who doesn't, futility, what if Sam comes back wrong/totally broken or demonic, etc.

Thanks.
cold kagome chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
THANK GOD DEAN DIDN'T GAVE UP ON SAMMY... O,O
Marianna Morgan chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Wow. Just...wow. I don't even know what to say after reading this. I think you nailed Dean's thoughts these days, and my heart just aches for him. This was incredibly awesome, and I hope, hope, HOPE that we get our Sammy back SOON!
T.L. Arens chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Awesome. Very well written-and it fits so nicely with the series as though you'd taken a moment out of one of the scripts and gave the readers a sweet piece of prose. I loved how you did it entirely from Dean's view. There's strong pacing here, as though the story were written on the wings of inspiration.

Thank you sooo much for sharing this! -
Menthol Pixie chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Cool. Very angsty and very Dean. I loved the insights you gave into Dean's head, particularly his wondering on the state of Sammy's soul. :)
pandora jazz chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
What a powerful story and you did a wonderful job of writing Dean.

I love how his thoughts covered how he felt sad and angry too when Sam died. How if Dean hadn't had so many broken bones, he would have grabbed onto Michael and fell into the pit too. Dean was haunted by Sam's death during the day and night the following year.

Also you had Dean really think about how long Sam has been in the cage. If Dean can get Sam's soul back, will it be his brother anyway. I have always wanted the final scene to be the brothers riding off in the Impala, but I like that you have Dean thinking if Sam comes back wrong, 'or damaged beyond all repair, then Dean will do them both a favor. For once they'll go out on their choice, their own way, and they'll go out together.'

I know some people like Lisa and Ben, but I like Dean's thoughts here where he doesn't miss them, 'waiting for the memories of Lisa's down pillows and matching duvet to fill him with longing. They don't.' :)

I enjoyed reading your story.

Thanks for sharing it with us.
Cricket05 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Fantastic as always, I was so happy to see this story notification in my inbox :). You've captured Dean so wonderfully here, its heartbreaking. This season is killing the boys. Anyways, keep up the great work, looking forward to what's next
KKBELVIS chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
it's slightly out of rhythm, a little too fast, a little too hard, and it makes Dean sick to his stomach.

Whoa..that is so perfectly brilliant. 'Out of rhythm...excellent descript...and Dean being so sick to his stomach...also excellent.

And you wrote this:: Dean thought about Hell so much in those first few months he wasn't sure who was actually there, Sam or him.

Simply beautiful...Dean would be thinking so much about hell it would drive him mad!

You told of Sam typing on his keyboard then stopping then starting again...ugh...such a simple action... that rocked me off my chair! Love it.

And the clencher:: Looking into the soulless eyes of the empty bag of bones and flesh masquerading as his brother, Dean knows he'll fight to his last breath and probably even after

Crap...this really blew me away! Just haunting! Where's my winter coat - chilling!

You dug right to the heart of it all!

I bow to you!

Karen
DeanCasLover22 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
150 years. That is what will stick with me from this story. 150 years Sam's been in Hell and counting. Whether or not the Cage is better or worse to be in then the rest of Hell, Ouch. There's going to be a lot of angst when Sam gets his soul back.
Thorny Hedge chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
*hugs Dean*
fearlessgoddess2 chapter 1 . 11/28/2010
Damn. That was really heavy. Great job, and I can't wait for part two! :)