Reviews for Running Through Shadows
Mike Rosoft chapter 2 . 1/28/2011
This is exactly the kind of story I am NOT looking for when reading MGLN fiction. And frankly, I can't see anybody do what Lutecia was ordered to, and still be considered a good guy. (If she disagreed with the order, she should have disobeyed it instead of shedding crocodile tears afterwards.) There's nothing grey about it.

I CAN see an over-eager commander give such an order thinking that's the only option (like in those stories where he can't see any other way of stopping an infection except bombing the hell of the area), and the good guys fighting to stop it from being carried out and eventually finding another solution.
Dracis Tran chapter 2 . 12/21/2010
I do love Chrono. The fact that he said what he needed to say to Fate... and that it was what she needed to hear was so... awesome. One of those lines that Chrono steps.

I think the advantage of Chrono in the NSIS hotseat is that he's the only canon character any of us would trust in that position. Nanoha would disband the group, Fate would angst too much, Hayate might do it well but she's better suited to more visible leadership... Chrono's far and away the man for the job. And showing him doing it well, and still doing right by his family...

...that means he's still doing it RIGHT, in addition to WELL.

Lu's angst on Vivio is spot-on, though, to the point the Victor is dangerously playing the similarity down. The issue with the target in this case really boils down to how possible it is to fix his LC so that he wouldn't blow up upon death. NSIS clearly believes that it's not possible or plausible... though that brings up an interesting question.

If Chrono is not sure on whether something is possible, who does he ask? I'm thinking Fate and/or Hayate get cleared to know what Chrono needs to tell them so that they could advise him on certain things. Though in all hilariousness the only two people who might be able to tell him (or find out) what he needs to know that he could trust in this case are Shamal and...

...Amy. :-D
deathcurse chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
Ouch. Just...ouch.

Nice twist, it's tough to see Lutecia, who we view as "The Cavalry! Coming to the rescue!" actually be the assassin sent to kill a boy. I had wondered if this would be a fic where we see Lutecia do something other than kill-and you had deceived me into thinking that way in Chapter 1, so the startling turn of this ending really smacked hard.

""You shouldn't have had to see the guard killed, or had to get away from those thugs in the first place." She shook her head. "It's not fair that you had to go through all of that."" - See! Stuff like that is so misleading! T_T It's a sad kind of redundancy though, since he's already under a death sentence so what does it matter anymore? Especially since this kind saviour of his is about to kill him... But something like that is so exactly what Lutecia would do, and it's part of the "the means matter" philosophy that Lutecia has that is *so* similar to Nanoha.

Lutecia's conversation with Victor was nice, lots of emotion in that scene, especially when Vivio's name came up.

And Chrono's last bit is a powerful way to end the story, but it also feels a bit harsh coming from him: considering how many people in his family are similar to Durward (Fate, Erio, Vivio), for him to call Durward not a boy is pretty rough. Painful irony, eh?

Great fic once again from you, Dezo.
deathcurse chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Jumping right into the action . Makes sense for a two part, so I imagine that the plot will be all rocket-fuel and explosions from now on!

Nice to see Valentine Yaris again, she's a nice character-not too stellar, but a very good mentor figure _. "There's that tact and self-control of a command staffer, she thought sarcastically." - LOL, I'm guessing that's implying that she normally isn't so tactful? _-

...Sorry, I can't help it _:

*Ward looks up and sees a woman standing in front of him. The woman looks at him, and speaks-*

LUTECIA: Come with me if you want to live. *Red eyes gleam*

I absolutely loved Lutecia's entrance. I like how you set the story before the whole Sunset arc, since it's always nice to see Lutecia during her "prime of her career" stage , as the story will be full of that action and secrecy that isn't present in RB's later storyline (as most of RB's stories post-Shadow/Sunset are more emotional/psychological stories).
Moczo chapter 2 . 12/11/2010
Sorry it took me so long to get around to reading this, Dezo. I usually jump on your works so quickly!

And... er... I'm sort of sorry I got around to reading it, since I was already having kind of an off day and now I'm well and truly depressed . That ending was just evil, man. Still... well... Shadowverse. Pretty much par for the course where Lutecia is concerned.

All told, a very good piece. And nice to see Val again! Though she didn't get enough screentime. Never enough!
ZonaRose chapter 2 . 12/8/2010
Sad ending but I still liked it.
Warclam chapter 2 . 12/6/2010
Oh. Oh wow, that… was unexpected. Interesting discussion of a very thorny grey area. Could they have fixed the clone entirely? Maybe. Maybe. Was it worth the risk? Well, that's the real question.

On the other hand… Garyuu! Alright, go Action Bug!

Sorry for dropping off the face of the Earth with regard to reviews, by the way. I've been reading your stuff, but being a fail.
ZonaRose chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I look foreword to more on this one. Will it be a short or long one for the fic/story. Also will Vivio be in it? On to more.