Reviews for A Player to be Named Later
eyeris806 chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
I have entered the world of E/R fics and I gotta say that I love how you guys write them! I just finished LWH and D&A and I'm so excited for this one!

LittleLea05 chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Ooh Emmett...I effing love him! It makes me sad to read about him crying...hope Rose pulls the stick out of her butt for this cocktail hour/meeting the beat friend deal...can't wait to read more :) talk soon
Simonelecochon chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This is set to be a good story. How could it not be?
ja6108 chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
This story looks to be so great. I love the whole connecting online without knowing you're also connecting in real life thing. This should be fun.
Hev99 chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
I absolutely love this so far! I'm so excited for another of your amazing Emmetts. The opening with his granda was so beautiful and poignant, I'm quite jealous of his grandparents. I hope if I ever have grandchildren I can be that way with them.

I can't wait to see what happens when she realises who he is. Methinks sparks will fly!

Perfect start and I can't wait for more! :)
mycrookedsmile chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
I already flailed all over you both for the sports talk- although I have to say I hope that Em discusses the dh with Lily because I may have to quit them if either of them is in favor of the dh, js, js.

Nan was as cool as Granda, and I hope you're going to eventually spill more on Alice and Esme as I'm intrigued. Garrett was fab and I'm lol over boss-lady Lauren.

I cannot wait to see how things go once Em walks over to Garrett, Kate, and Rose. heh. It will be fun to see them clash, even as they communicate thru Bull Durham quotes ; )
kans4kellan chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Yay! The tag team is back!

I love me a good Garrett. I'm very excited to see where this leads
snarkerella chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Everything you write is golden, and everything this well researched is platinum. You're fantastic. Baby and I love you :)
saranic chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Oh ladies! How excited am I that you two have another one together?

Already loving the relationship between the Etts. Seems like a fun duo.

Can't wait to see where you both take this.

Thanks for sharing!
KrisBCullen chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Oh, my goodness! Bull Durham laced throughout? You had me at "molecular physics and timing." I've always thought of Garrett as the edible flower on the plate... technically, it's food, but who's really going to eat it when there's all that other tasty stuff right there that you actually ORDERED when you picked your entree from the menu? And here you are giving him true 3D and technicolor. I'm intrigued.

Ladies, I'm so pleased to see the fruit of all the twitter commentary. In spite of RL's overwhelming nature, I was sitting here in the hotel room and saw the notice about a new fic. Had to check it out (even though I haven't finished The Long Way Home - Heart, can you forgive me? I swear, it's because I just haven't had the emotional bandwith for a meltdown - but I will finish it while I'm on vacay!).

I love the backstory, and Nan and Granda are to die for. The way you're layering Emmett's personality is wonderful. So detailed but it small, petit four sized bites.

I can't wait for more. I have no idea how often I'll be able to read and review, but you're on the faves list.

Favorite things? Well, the wet finger in the ear and the nicknaming are fantastic, but truly I'm most entertained by the fact that LSD is pre-reading. Do you have to include special notes for the sports references? We love her, but a fan she is not. Tee hee!

Love to you both for sharing! Keep the BD references coming. If you can work in "flower goes in the front, big boy" I'll be totally overwhelmed! Or "we've got ourselves a natural disaster." Sigh.
Alby Mangroves chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
WOOT! That was delicious, I loved it! Emmett's grandparents: I wish they'd been mine and I hope I'm that wise when I've got grandkids that need to be taught right from wrong. I loved this:

"When the sun hung just low enough that it lit up the back stoop, Granda would use the face of his watch to catch the sun, creating a pretend baseball on the pavement. I would line up, my imaginary bat on my shoulder, happy to swing for the fences, never questioning when he called a ball foul or fair. That's how I spent the summers of my childhood, free of technology, using my imagination while Granda watched on. I can't think about baseball and not think about him – the two will always be linked in my mind." - Beautiful for a man to remember something so simple to have been life-changing.

And this:

"At least he was going in knowing what to expect. And he would go in like a gentleman and make his nan proud."

I know nothing at all about baseball or Bull Durham but I sense a great Emmett and Rose coming on.
oneiros lykos chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
I've never read a Rosalie/Emmett fix as the main focus, but I'm definitely interested.
neeuqpmats chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
Hello. I am in love already. Baseball loving, Bull Durham quoting, post-secret visiting swoonage inducing Emmett. Thank you Thank you Thank you. Love it. Can't wait for more. Yum.
lalalove-Rae chapter 1 . 11/29/2010
WIN. That's all I have to say for now. This is all WIN. And I can't wait for the next chapter.

xoxo, Rae