Reviews for A Player to be Named Later
singlegrlmusing chapter 3 . 10/5/2011
If I wasn't already smitten with Emmett the cookies would have been the tipping point. I love that he's killing her with kindness...super sweet.
singlegrlmusing chapter 2 . 10/4/2011
"A quiet house means loud thoughts" very true which is why I sometimes fall asleep with the TV on.

You make me fall in love with Emmett and Rose. They are funny and sarcastic and Emmett is a true gentleman and seems so sincere in his actions.
singlegrlmusing chapter 1 . 10/3/2011
Real Plastic Trees introduced me to your writing and turned me on to reading about a couple other than Bella & Edward!

You write good Emmett. He's sweet and loveable and his Nan would be proud.
kantstopreading chapter 14 . 9/18/2011
I read Real Plastic Trees, and loved it so much, I wanted to try something else that you wrote. This story is awesome. There were so many chapters along the way that I should have reviewed, but I was too impatient to get to the next chapter to do it. Loved it all. Very real and both Rose and Emmett are so relatable. Thanks for sharing.
Tim C. Girl chapter 14 . 8/28/2011
I'm leaving a review because that's the right thing to do when you've enjoyed and loved a story as much as I've enjoyed and loved this one, but honestly - I have no words. I don't know what to say. I'm not a Emmett/Rosalie reader. I don't even know how I stumbled upon this story.

But I loved it all the same, for the baseball references, for the 'realness' of it, for the not-perfectness-which-makes-it-so, if you know what I mean... A beautiful, beautiful tale of friendship and growing love and how hard it is to willingly put yourself out there again when you've been burned by love.

And very well written to boot. :)
angeliena chapter 14 . 6/21/2011
I love this love story!

kitkat681 chapter 14 . 5/3/2011
This was so good and I am a big E and B -shipper so for me to say I loved it is huge!
orlanka chapter 14 . 5/2/2011
really sweet story, I enjoyed it!
EJ10 chapter 14 . 3/13/2011
Awww! This story is one of the best I've read in a long time. It was completely amazing and I never wanted it to end! I look forward to reading more of what you have to offer -
idkmuch chapter 14 . 3/10/2011
OMG, best opening line EVER!: "Take your wiener, Hale."

I love that she keeps his columns. There's something so simply amazing & touching about that. Even better is the realization that their relationship is real in its messiness & honesty.

One of my favorite exchanges: "How many years are you planning on giving me?" / "How many do you want?" / "All of them." Followed closely by THIS exchange: "Hit it like you mean it, now. No faking." / "Baby, I never fake it." / "Damn right you don't."

Seriously love these two.

I'm eagerly anticipating your next story. Many, many hugs.
idkmuch chapter 13 . 3/10/2011
Ugh. I hate the fatalist feel to Emmett's thoughts here in the beginning & that he's kinda-sorta running scared.

I so love the bond of these siblings. It makes me want to call my sis & bro right now to catch up. Lucky for me, I'll see them both tomorrow tonight. Alice's need to have a place of her own, to call her own...totally get that. What an awesome step for her!

Siiiiigh. The email Mac sent off to Lily. So beautiful & perfect.

Love that the red scarf makes another appearance.

Good Lord, this is really beautiful: "They pushed the rush to the side, slowing down and focusing on the context underneath. All the things said and unsaid that made each of them who they were. Not all of the stories were fun, especially on Emmett's part, but they created a depth and context where things had been missing before."
idkmuch chapter 12 . 3/10/2011
MFer. I need to start writing my reviews in either Word or a text doc b/c I keep fat fingering the keys & losing my reviews. This doesn't make me happy. So, the shorter version of my review:

Love their 2nd time waking up together; it went much better than the first time, yes? ;) Their lazy, happy morning made me smile & then I had to laugh when Garrett came stumbling in & Rose call him Charlie Sheen. So awesomely hilarious. (And where can I get myself an Emmett Snuggie 'cause that sounds pretty perfect.)

Really love how you wrote/phrased this: "They'd been talking through two different mediums, sharing parts of themselves in very different and yet very fundamental ways. To Emmett, Rosalie had given her heart, her body. To Mac, she had given her mind and thoughts, her fears. And they were the same. Which really meant that she'd given this man everything, and that he'd done the same."

Poor Em, he's so confused, but I hope he pulls it together quickly. I like the Rose is willing to wait him out & not give up on him.
lisamichelle17 chapter 14 . 3/6/2011
I absolutely loved this story. You did such a wonderful job of portraying Seattle. I live there, so I should know. This is the first Emmett/Rose story that I have ever read and you have spoiled me. I am thankful that Anya brought me to your writing and I have to admit that I adore your Rose. The way you write her is the way that SM totally failed to see her as. Your Rose has such strength and I love her for it. I look forward to reading more of you. Thank you, again.
RJRRAA chapter 14 . 3/1/2011

Sorry it took soooo long to read and review and im very sad to see it end.
idkmuch chapter 11 . 2/24/2011
I love all the texts, pictures & messages that Emmett/Rose & Mac/Lil are trading. Makes me so happy.

"He'd waited, and he'd missed out, or he'd been too busy trying to engineer things that would never happen. In doing so, he'd missed the important things, the day to day, and he wasn't going to do that again." Such a great reminder to live in the here & now.

Trench coat, wrap dress & stilettos? Yeah, that's not typical travel wear, is it? Love that she dressed for him.

"We've got the rest of our lives." Perfect.

Oh, that last comment before sleep took him...awesome.
209 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 12 .. Last Next »