Reviews for A Player to be Named Later
idkmuch chapter 10 . 2/24/2011
Sigh. I just love Rose in this chapter. She's like the eye of a hurricane - the quiet in the midst of a raging storm. Loved her quiet understanding & her easy, reassuring words. My fav bit was when she made he realize he couldn't take responsibility for anyone else's action and that he needed to learn to lean on others.

Umm, I'd like Emmett all up in my business, please. ;)

I love Emmett's memories of his grandparents. I have to admit, I'm pretty sure I was my Grandma's favorite, too. ;)

"Somehow he made the simplest things the most meaningful. He continually swept her off her feet by just being him. Every moment she spent with him was better than the last and the thought of what was to come made her feel things that were so intense they almost scared her. She felt safe with him and at the same time exhilarated, like anything could happen." Sigh. Love this.

"I meant it when I said I want you, but I want you when I can have you for more than an hour." His voice dipped low. "What I want to do will take much longer than that." Oh yeah, that is just ridiculously sexy.
idkmuch chapter 9 . 2/24/2011
Sigh. Lost my review; so here's the short version:

I really felt that Emmett's emotions were palpable in this chapter & I was right there with him - frustrated, annoyed, itchy...

Loved the mental images I have of Rose exploring Emmett's place & of he watching her. It's a very intimate and warm scene, even in the midst of his sterile apartment.

Those McCarty kids have been through so much - thank God they have each other. I'm glad that Rose wasn't put off by Emmett's anger & was able to defuse him so gently. I'm not sure if I would have been as calm in her place - a big guy like that, unleashing his anger? I bet it could be pretty intimidating.
mycrookedsmile chapter 14 . 2/24/2011
hey- I didn't cry half as much as I did for TLWH or Inconceivable- woot for me ; )

Emmett's column slays me. Ded.

They are too adorable playing in the yard. Makes me all smooshy inside. And she and Gar teasing each other at the game. sweet.

It was lovely and I want to read the whole thing straight through!
xxluvCarlisleEsmexx chapter 14 . 2/22/2011
Fabulous epilogue. I love how it's all tied into baseball. I thought it was quite fitting that his first column is about Rosalie's plan for a new season, and the next step for them. I'm really happy for them that they were able to reach that point. I can't wait to see what is coming next.
saranic chapter 14 . 2/22/2011
Such a lovely story for HM to go out on, and we got to see it as a collab with you. You two def have a way of making things flow so brilliantly.

It was with a sad heart that I reviewed her epi for this story because she will be missed so much.

I am happy to know that you have plans for new things!

Thank you for sharing this with us, it was a great story with some awesome characters.

Looking forward to whatever you have up your sleeve!
bmango chapter 14 . 2/22/2011
This epilogue is great and I love how it's all wrapped back into baseball and that the topic of his first column is Rosalie's plan for a new season, the next step for them. I also like Emmett's columns and how his words about sports and baseball are metaphors for real life. I would almost read sports columns if they were like this... :) Great job! Thanks again! 3 -b
LittleLea05 chapter 14 . 2/22/2011
Way to end a great story...I will miss these two...thank you lookingforhoofprints for letting you publicly share the story she bought...I must give her lots of hugs and thank you to you and HM4 for writing fantastical awesomeness :) can't wait to see what you have in store for us readers next :)
eyeris806 chapter 14 . 2/21/2011
Reading this fic always brought such a smile to my face. I love the quietness of it but with such strong feelings involved. And while I'm not an avid fan of baseball - it was interesting how you had woven it into the story.

I'm so happy for Rose and Emmett. I'm so sad that this fic is over. I think your collabs have been great and I'm ever so thankful for the beautiful stories about Rose and Emmett. I'm a fan now :)

eureka twilighter chapter 14 . 2/21/2011
Hey ladies!

This has got to be one of my fave Emmett/Rose stories ever! I found myself checkin' daily for an update and was never disappointed when it came. Now it's finished and I will miss this Em and Rose, but know that the future for them will be solid.

Thank you both for such a beautiful, entertainin', and "feel good" read!

Hugs,

Ellen xx
sweeta8585 chapter 14 . 2/21/2011
This story is just one of the most beautiful pieces of writing. You really have a way with words. I have to say this is probably the best written story out there in the twific world. I dont even read anything besides e/b but this story is just perfect. Great job!
AccioBourbon chapter 14 . 2/21/2011
"He'd captured it all perfectly – that feeling of a fresh start and the hope and possibility that came along with it. No dream was too big. The world was wide open."

Oh dear. Well that little passage has me all misty, for reasons I'm sure you can guess.

I actually think these columns of Emmett's are some of your best work, H. (I think H did those? if not, i apologize, Jess!) I love the tone, the flow, the images. The words almost glow - which I'm sure sounds bizarre, but I don't know how else to say it. I wish this Emmett was real, so that I could read his columns regularly.

"Sometimes she'd nudge him with her foot just to see the way his face opened up when he looked at her, how his mouth melted into the smile she knew and loved and saw most mornings now." Okay, that was just plain lovely.

"They'd found something in one another that was deep and true, that was real and gave them the strength to deal with anything thrown their way, as long as they did it side by side." Yet more of the lovely stuff.

I loved this story. It was grown-up, and smart, and had two characters I was completely behind the whole way.

Here's to fresh starts and new adventures...and to looking forward.

Love you both. &hearts.
Lady Dragona chapter 14 . 2/21/2011
BEautiful ending. I loved the baseball analogies and all the quotes in this story. I love a HEA.

I look forward to your next story.
snarkerella chapter 14 . 2/21/2011
As always, I'm so glad to have read this, and so sad to see it go. My favorite part of the chapter was this exchange:

""Well, that depends," he drawled and leaned in closer, raising his eyebrows. "How many years are you planning on giving me?"

"How many do you want?"

Emmett's hand moved to her neck, his thumb stroking the skin just below her jaw. "All of them.""

Just so sweet that I can't even handle it gaaahhhhhh! Anyway, until next time! Love you, Jess, I hope you

know that I'm your biggest fan 3