Reviews for Frailty of Genius
ausland chapter 2 . 3/13/2013
Loved this! The first part made me feel uncomfortable (in a good way) and sad, and the john part made me laugh!
WaitingForMore chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
Thank you for this post, I hope there is more to come! I really love your writing, the pace is perfect and there is a certain quiet melancholy to it, faintly in the background, that adds so much colour and depth to what is narrated explicitely. In 6000 odd words you have managed to convey more aspects of Lestrade's or John's relationship with Sherlock than many, many others in their multichapterstories. Do keep going!
deaka chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
This is lovely, very much enjoyed both chapters.
eohippus chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
Spot-on again. Lovely. Goes to my favourites ;)
eohippus chapter 1 . 9/18/2012
This is absolutely stunning! The athmosphere, the characters spot-on, the insights inside their thinking, and the humour! Brilliant!

I espcially loved your description of a maniac Sherlock dealing with the Yard (from "In the short span of a year..." to "without the slightest bit of respect or regard for their feelings")

"He was cattier than usual, and Lestrade found Anderson hiding in the shooting gallery, emptying clip after clip into the paper dummy with a vengeance." -ROFL - poor Anderson!
simply.asha chapter 2 . 9/18/2012
Oh dear God, you are wonderful. This story deserves a lot more reviews than it's getting. I really liked the two chapters and it's like being asked whether you love your mum or dad better when I try to think which one I like more of the two. I loved the wordings and the emotions and EVERYTHING! You can consider me your fan. Your writings are such a pleaseure to read. Please indulge us with more soon! :)
Truly, Asha.
encore-encore chapter 1 . 6/18/2012
This made me warm and tickly inside. ]
Ionai chapter 1 . 2/1/2012
That was wonderful. Very much liked the ending. I liked all the characterizations, and I think you did very well with Lestrade and his struggle with being a policeman in a world with someone like Sherlock Holmes.
Vanidot chapter 1 . 11/28/2011
not happy with the F words but on the whole a really good story. I like your insight on how the two of them met though you've got them meeting far earlier than they had in the movies but that's okay this is your version. Very Good Show! (your story I mean)
MadBadAndDangerous chapter 1 . 12/6/2010
Great great great story. Very well done. Very realistic and believable.
misunderstoodemon chapter 1 . 12/5/2010
Love it! Stories from the inspectors point of view tend to be good from what I've seen, and this is by no means an exception.

Keep it up!

I-don't-have-it-with-me chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
This is really awesome! Well-written, good story, intriguing, with excellent character develpment. Also, I like how you made the story heart-warming without putting Sherlock out of character! Lestrade's point of view was outlined excellently.

You should definitely continue writing Sherlock fics! I know I'll be reading them if you do!
Hazel Fyrebird chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Great job...You've nailed Lestrade. I thoroughly enjoyed his backstory & characterization.
Gen chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Brilliant! I think it's a perfect representation of Lestrades opinion of Sherlock and how they work together. Amazing work!
Jelly Side Down chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
Wow! You really inhabited these characters; this could have been lifted right from the TV, so well have you caught the tone of the series. Throughout, I heard Lestrade's (and Sherlock's) dialog in their own voices and accents, as if this was a soundtrack running through my head. The development of Lestrade's feelings is utterly convincing, from his irritation, to his being torn, and to what he finally decides.

A beautifully crafted, subtle piece. More! Please.