Reviews for The Tipping Point
Berkwood Court chapter 1 . 6/24/2013
I had suspected the cake topper to have been his mom's, I'm glad it wasn't just me.
Good job to Rachel for noticing something- even if it took forever for her to do something.
Off to find more!
DerangedOtakuFangirl chapter 1 . 6/2/2013
Love! Would be really happy if you wrote a sequel :)
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 10/16/2012
OMFG I ADORE THIS SO MUCH! HOW IS IT THAT YOU WROTE A HUMMELBERRY FIC AND IT TOOK ME THIS LONG TO NOTICE? lol. This might also explain why she's willing to help the competition in 2.09, their friendship seemed a little sudden awesome as it was. You fill in the gaps so well! Ryan Murphy needs to hire you to write every Glee scene with Kurt in it from now until the end of time :P
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
Another fresh perspective that I don't often encounter in my corner of the Glee fandom: Rachel's. As someone that focuses on all the tedious little details of her daily life, it doesn't surprise me that she would be the one to notice a change in Kurt's behavior, even if her self-centeredness at this time wouldn't permit her to act. She'd know all the little nuances of other people's characters even if she didn't openly express concern about them, and with Kurt going through an incredibly stressful time in his life, it makes sense that he would crop up on her radar. You've captured the chilling nature of the Karofsky encounter in the hallway perfectly. Rachel's right: there was something eerily misplaced about jabbing a finger at Kurt's chest and then dragging it down instead of simply shoving him aside. The sexual undertone wasn't missed, and I'm glad that Rachel picked up on it and is concerned by it, even if, unfortunately, she's not at the moment where she'll take action.

But even that was in character. Rachel isn't the type to stick her neck out for others, and unless Kurt asked for help, then I doubt she would have intervened in that moment. It's interesting to see the wheels turning in her mind, though, because it's a reflection of what doubtless some of the other Glee clubbers were wondering as well. It's hard to miss the changes that took place in Kurt's appearances and demeanor during the worst of the Karofsky bullying. I doubt Rachel was alone in her fears for him, but it's reassuring to see that she /is/ fearful for him, if not quite to the point of acting.

Wonderfully done. Few people can pull off Rachel's character as well as you can.
mskelseylove chapter 1 . 12/2/2011
Gah this story gives me all the frustrations? If there's a zero tolerance violence policy at McKinley why was Kurt forced to leave? Why was Karofsky's suspension overturned. Why didn't Mr. Shue do something more than talk at him. I would have loved to see Rachel step up last season, especially considering how close they are this year.
aridnie chapter 1 . 10/26/2011
Thank you for the nice portrayal of Rachel. I liked her three things she's good at. They're believable, and I this story was kinda fitting.
kcbalfour chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Oh Gawd. It never even occurred to me that the topper could be his Mum's. Oh Dear Sweet Hera. That topper HAS to come back in Season 3. Like with Confused!David and all.
rofro05 chapter 1 . 7/3/2011
I absolutely agree that you accomplished what you wanted to with this fic. And I don't really see a need for it to be longer. And if I get a vote, I would cast it for you in the Rachel writing contest. I will always mantain that you are one of the most accurate Rachel writers out there.

I like that you read Rachel as observant. It isn't uncommon for the socially awkward to notice things that others don't, even if they don't always know what to do about what they see. And I think that Rachel does know things, she just dismisses much of what she sees as unimportant. And this time what she noticed was the perfect lead in to calling all of the football player girlfriends together.
DO I DARE EVEN SAY IT chapter 1 . 5/12/2011
I think you should continue it...

very good Rachel POV btw.
TheRomanticNerd chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
And now you make me like Rachel Berry. You are doing wanders :DD
fansofcollisions chapter 1 . 4/25/2011
Gah, that particular moment with the wedding topper in the show was probably the most heartwrenching scene they've come up with. Seriously, I couldn't breathe. You did a great job capturing the outsider's perspective of the moment. It still had the same feeling as that of the actual show. Kudos to you.

And I like how you write Rachel! Not that you write too much of her, but what I've seen has seemed in character to me.
Lycoris B chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
This was amazing, and the cake-topper scene was so well written it was excruciatingly tense and fragile, and I loved Rachel in this too :) ADORED. IT.
golden-perception chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Aww. Poor Kurt. I like compassionate!Rachel.
nessyschu chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
Oh, the cake topper being his mom's... That's so sad and sweet. 3 That was really good.
boriqua522 chapter 1 . 1/16/2011
this was really a good portrayal of rachel. i always wished they had gone into further detail as to what made her call the meeting, and this really works well explaining that missing detail.