Reviews for Harry Potter and the Temporal Beacon
Ranmayamabushi chapter 70 . 4/13
Great story, hope to see more someday
SaggyBalls chapter 2 . 3/28
Wait wait wait!
You're telling us that you intentionally rewrote this to make it EVEN MORE VAGUE?!
Are you an idiot?
Well, obviously you are, because you admitted it.
READERS DON'T WANT MORE VAGUENESS! We like precise storytelling and good plots! Why would you screw that up intentionally? That's so f**king stupid!
Thanks for making me lose all interest in reading the rest of this garbage heap. You just saved me a ton of time!
Fagnigeer for ytour cunt author
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 13 . 3/17
Changing the tournament tasks, removing Barty Crouch Jr. from being polyjuiced as Moody and having Moody imperiused instead and other major changes like this add unnecessary complications to the story. And not in a good way.
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 9 . 3/17
The most frustrating thing about this fic (besides the outrageous levels of codependency between Harry and Hermione) is that all of their memories are fuzzy. And not just that, but they spend most of the time saying things like, “I feel as if there’s something about portkeys being dangerous. But I can’t remember”, “I feel like I can trust Moody because he saved my life, but I’m getting conflicting memories that make me feel he’s dangerous and we shouldn’t trust him”, “The Triwizard Tournament…I could have sworn we knew about it.”
It’s almost like…what’s the point of even traveling if you can’t remember anything?
Also, for how smart Hermione is, you’d think they’d write a plot overview or a timeline. They’d just have to remember even ONE PAGE of data (and if Hermione can memorize textbooks, she could do this) and they’d not have to worry about missing the most important stuff.
Why are they not putting a memorized timeline with important facts in their “occlumency capsules”? So many chapters of wasted time because ultimately, in this story, none of it matter because they lose all the memories.
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 5 . 3/17
The slavish devotion to Hermione is really off-putting. I can understand being really close to someone you have jumped through time with multiple times, but his snapping at Ron over any perceived sleight, saying he’d quit Quidditch for her, and just acting like. Stepford Wife really makes this a complete OOC for Harry.
His character is unrecognizable. I don’t think time travel would completely change someone’s personality.
Even Hermione is recognizable as her character and she’s traveled just as much as Harry.
Suggestion for improvement: go back through and fix some of Harry’s dialogue and actions to be more like his character.
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 2 . 3/17
Chapter 2 is very cringe.
TrumpasaurusRex chapter 1 . 3/17
You’ve really managed to dumb down Harry.
That’s a shame. Harry is actually intelligent.
Astramilitarum01 chapter 70 . 2/10
Quality wise the story is very good. .I'm just not a fan of the direction or that Harry and Hermione are so weak. The cheat they have is kinda underdeveloped and they seem to stumble from one problem to the next only little better then canon
Dayside chapter 1 . 2/10
canon harry makes me want to vomit
RightWrong chapter 7 . 2/8
This has got to be the best chapter ever written in hp fanfic. Heart warming, a sad but not TOO sad and incredibly uplifting :) thank you so much for writing,
Primalparadox8 chapter 6 . 2/6
This is quite well written and I was really starting to enjoy it until you removed their memories from the first beacon leaving Harry far less competent. Honestly from a writing perspective I think your doing great but personally, having him go from firing off a spell chain at Malfoy in a instant to single spells and blundering around in a death eater attack, I've lost interest.

This probably gets better further in but I can't stand nerfed characters or incompetence in main characters, which does make it hard to find books to read, authors seem to be in love with "character development" whereas I'm always more interested in an already developed character and find more enjoyment in power progression as they learn.
Fick Chick chapter 11 . 1/23
Why did GO tell VK he watched him at the World Cup when he wasn't there this itterration?
Fick Chick chapter 8 . 1/23
Harry should tell Dumbledore the old man Voldy killed said they were in Baron Riddle's mansion.
Anitaxp chapter 70 . 1/14
This was such a good find! I loved every second of it. I honestly thought it may get repetitive and boring after a bit but she made it interesting all the time. That’s real talent! I wish I read it a long time ago now I feel like I was missing out… Although before I couldn’t handle an unfinished story. Now I feel like I read most of the good harmony fics that are completely so now I’m going with unfinished.. it is sad but it is what it is haha. Thank you for sharing! If at any point you would like to retake this go for it don’t overthink it :)
5,733 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »