Reviews for Corpse Road
KyUUjUUroKU chapter 1 . 10/27
Dude, I thought at first that Izaya was the one who committed suicide when it was first mentioned, but when I he showed up on the grave yard, I thought I was mistaken, but it had seemed that I was right. And I was like, 'Huh? So it wasn't Izaya who committed suicide?' But when I read at the end I was like, 'I was right?! He was the one who committed suicide? So does that mean that he's a ghost?!' Sorry for rambling, but that was what my reaction was, and dude this is like as sad as f. This is a great story.
Izaya4ever chapter 1 . 9/25
I did think it was Izaya who killed himself from the television but then when he showed up in the graveyard I thought I was mistaken.

This is really well done, it gives me a good cold punch to my insides. This story is going to stay with me for a long time. It's a strong despairing feeling.
Deadly8rose123 chapter 1 . 8/10
I could see myself in either shoe's. I could be in Shizuo's shoe's and my twin die... I would be so devastated I wouldn't know what to do... Or I could be Izaya, and I be the one to accidentally kill my sis like I did my brothers (Fire's are horrible...)... I probably would go insane though instead of commit suicide... But still... I find this sad and I just wanna cry... But at the same time I cannot...Oh well, loved the story disfact how sad it is.
villainaeous chapter 1 . 8/8
This is honestly one of the most beautiful yet emotional stories I've read. Not only is your writing enchanting, but while you kept them in character throughout the whole story, you also had them going through the process of character development.

The way you have described on how the pain inflicted Shizuo and his thoughts were absolutely heartwrenching, and I applaud you, for not many people could manage this. Not, when it comes down to a third person's point of view, that is— therefore, you did a great job. I love the flow of the storyline, but to cut it short for a term, everything. Once again, thank you for this incredible story, it was amazing to have it read.
I really like that you can write a story like this as a one shot fic. The pain of losing someone very important is really this dark. I do wonder what will happen to Shizuo after knowing that Izaya is a ghost. Will he be able to move on or will he continue with his suicide?
Wow, I just realized that I've read and writing a review on a fic published years ago. Hope you're doing well and still writing. :)
monkan chapter 1 . 4/26
It's rare to find good stories like this which can still pack a punch at the end. By the middle of it I realized that there would be a twist where Izaya was either already dead, in the hopsital brain dead; or that he would jump before Shizuo into the river, leaving the other behind. There was even the feeling that he had something to do with Kasuka's death, despite their graves being in the oposite directions of the cemetary so it was a growing tension building to the finale.

Even though you know it will not end well for various reasons and there's a sense of dread to what really happened, you still get emotional when you piece together the truth. By the end when Shizuo learns the truth I admit that I couldn't hold back my tears. It was just so heartbreaking.

It was also a good choice to leave Izaya's appearance up to the readers decision as to what he was, instead of forcing an explanation and try to explain what he was.
ah...I sort of knew Izaya wasnt really alive when there isnt anything about him being outside the cemetery. i was surprised that he was the one associated with kasuka's death tho.

you are right, the psychology in this one is heavy. but I enjoyed it nonetheless...
MisheruFAD chapter 1 . 3/8
I can't even begin to say how beautifully and well written this was. I appreciated how you wrote Shizuo thinking about suicide in a way that Shizuo didn't know he was thinking about it until he grew aware of it. And I also had a nagging feeling throughout the whole way that it was Izaya who had drowned in the river. And that Shizuo was talking to his 'ghost' or perhaps to himself. I haven't come across many stories that can portray this whole 'talking to a ghost and not realizing it until the end' kind of story and having been so well written. The flow was superb. And this is definitely a story that will stick with me. Good job. Forever one of my faves.
half truths chapter 1 . 2/15
You are an excellent author, and I have to say, I really like how you wrote this. I like open ended stories and it's so hard to find quality work on FF. I didn't find any grammatical mistakes.
That One Person chapter 1 . 10/19/2014
Oh god... That was actually really beautiful...
HateMe-BreakMe chapter 1 . 9/30/2014
This was beyond words, incredible. These are the types of stories I love most. The darkest part of the mind is what im most drawn to. Simply beautiful.
SapphireNightSky chapter 1 . 9/14/2014
I know it's too late to
review one of your fanfic:
Corpse Road
I've read many story that similar with
this, but never as hurt as yours. Made
me found myself crying at least. ToT
I have some questions about it too...
While the first time Shizuo saw Izaya,
did Izaya come to his own funeral? I
mean, what Shizuo saw was a dead
man? O,o
I know you said that Shizuo saw Izaya
before he heard the suicide news but
I don't really figure it.
Did Shizuo commit to suicide in the
end? Owhh you left me hanging _
I awe to you who can write this heavy
theme fanfic. beside, you put my
otpShizaya :3
story. :D
Athena's phoenix chapter 1 . 9/10/2014
O_O very heavy. And...kind of beautiful.
left account chapter 1 . 6/1/2014
I really loved this.
This fic is so heavily dark.. But I really love it. The way you take such a heartbreaking tragedy and show both Izaya and Shizuo's perspective hit me hard.
I don't know what else to say other than this was really- both beautiful and dark. I hope you write more. Great job.
deliccing chapter 1 . 5/30/2014
The feels are too heavy in this one, my heart, I can feel it breaking— oh god, too much sadness. I love how perfectly you have written them. Your portrayal, your description, it's so perfect. You really made me cry on this one. Great job!