Reviews for Corpse Road
Berocchi chapter 1 . 1/13
i keep re-reading every now and then cause its that good, and i love it everytime. its perfect.
Anon chapter 1 . 12/15/2017
I kept re-reading this from time to time, and it gets me every time.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/31/2017
Oh my god this was so beautifully written and so incredibly painful at the same time. I loved how everything was tied together so well at the end. Really, this was so heavy but beautiful. I'm sure it'll stick with me for a long time from now
shitfuck chapter 1 . 5/31/2017
now i'm gonna spend two hours theorizing over this
Oost Indie chapter 1 . 5/1/2017
Oh my god
I'm shook
Berocchi chapter 1 . 4/12/2017
Okay this messed me up so bad. I was thinking about it for days. And I couldn't get over it then I read it again and no. It's amazing. I love it so much I can't. It was just beautiful amazing and I need more of this. I cried at this and I love it and please write more!
Uchiha250 chapter 1 . 7/24/2016
That was such a train wreck of feels! Even though i was expecting this end It did not stop the shivers from running through my spine at the end! That was a very dark fic indeed, kind of a breath of fresh air from the normal stories I usually read. Thank you for writing it!
FandomHopperETC chapter 1 . 10/27/2015
Dude, I thought at first that Izaya was the one who committed suicide when it was first mentioned, but when I he showed up on the grave yard, I thought I was mistaken, but it had seemed that I was right. And I was like, 'Huh? So it wasn't Izaya who committed suicide?' But when I read at the end I was like, 'I was right?! He was the one who committed suicide? So does that mean that he's a ghost?!' Sorry for rambling, but that was what my reaction was, and dude this is like as sad as f. This is a great story.
victory over death chapter 1 . 9/25/2015
I did think it was Izaya who killed himself from the television but then when he showed up in the graveyard I thought I was mistaken.

This is really well done, it gives me a good cold punch to my insides. This story is going to stay with me for a long time. It's a strong despairing feeling.
Deadly8123 chapter 1 . 8/10/2015
I could see myself in either shoe's. I could be in Shizuo's shoe's and my twin die... I would be so devastated I wouldn't know what to do... Or I could be Izaya, and I be the one to accidentally kill my sis like I did my brothers (Fire's are horrible...)... I probably would go insane though instead of commit suicide... But still... I find this sad and I just wanna cry... But at the same time I cannot...Oh well, loved the story disfact how sad it is.
ofshoyos chapter 1 . 8/8/2015
This is honestly one of the most beautiful yet emotional stories I've read. Not only is your writing enchanting, but while you kept them in character throughout the whole story, you also had them going through the process of character development.

The way you have described on how the pain inflicted Shizuo and his thoughts were absolutely heartwrenching, and I applaud you, for not many people could manage this. Not, when it comes down to a third person's point of view, that is— therefore, you did a great job. I love the flow of the storyline, but to cut it short for a term, everything. Once again, thank you for this incredible story, it was amazing to have it read.
Guest chapter 1 . 6/5/2015
I really like that you can write a story like this as a one shot fic. The pain of losing someone very important is really this dark. I do wonder what will happen to Shizuo after knowing that Izaya is a ghost. Will he be able to move on or will he continue with his suicide?
Wow, I just realized that I've read and writing a review on a fic published years ago. Hope you're doing well and still writing. :)
monkan chapter 1 . 4/26/2015
It's rare to find good stories like this which can still pack a punch at the end. By the middle of it I realized that there would be a twist where Izaya was either already dead, in the hopsital brain dead; or that he would jump before Shizuo into the river, leaving the other behind. There was even the feeling that he had something to do with Kasuka's death, despite their graves being in the oposite directions of the cemetary so it was a growing tension building to the finale.

Even though you know it will not end well for various reasons and there's a sense of dread to what really happened, you still get emotional when you piece together the truth. By the end when Shizuo learns the truth I admit that I couldn't hold back my tears. It was just so heartbreaking.

It was also a good choice to leave Izaya's appearance up to the readers decision as to what he was, instead of forcing an explanation and try to explain what he was.
Guest chapter 1 . 3/11/2015
ah...I sort of knew Izaya wasnt really alive when there isnt anything about him being outside the cemetery. i was surprised that he was the one associated with kasuka's death tho.

you are right, the psychology in this one is heavy. but I enjoyed it nonetheless...
MisheruFAD chapter 1 . 3/8/2015
I can't even begin to say how beautifully and well written this was. I appreciated how you wrote Shizuo thinking about suicide in a way that Shizuo didn't know he was thinking about it until he grew aware of it. And I also had a nagging feeling throughout the whole way that it was Izaya who had drowned in the river. And that Shizuo was talking to his 'ghost' or perhaps to himself. I haven't come across many stories that can portray this whole 'talking to a ghost and not realizing it until the end' kind of story and having been so well written. The flow was superb. And this is definitely a story that will stick with me. Good job. Forever one of my faves.