Reviews for The Game
Anon chapter 5 . 6/25
tbh a real good love story
Mrs Biggs chapter 5 . 4/3/2017
I just read this tale and didn't understand most of it. Why the Americans make so much fuss over a school girls game I don't know. Why on earth do they call it a world series when only one country plays is another daft thing as far as I can see. But then I can not understand why the heck they call their other game football when they use there ruddy hands and not their feet. that and they use Armour unlike the game the Brits play which is called rugby, they do the same tackles etc but without all the crazy Armour. Daft Idea to write this for a Potter fanfic.
hhrforever chapter 5 . 8/17/2015
Very good story. Very different but I loved it. So glad Harry turned around.
Fajri Potterheads chapter 5 . 2/17/2014
please make a sequel
Covante chapter 1 . 4/7/2013
At first I read this wrong and though it was the first game of the World Series she was asking him to retire after. I was actually looking forward to seeing how you could possibly justify her asking that much of him but I see now it's game 7 and I find myself willing to be sympathetic towards her.
lime green lily chapter 5 . 11/8/2012
Dude! This is definitely sappy. AND I GODDAMN love it! Fuck the crowds! I actually cried as I read this. I had to breath in an out from a paper bag because it was getting hard to breath. And I do have asthma! I LOVE YA, Dude!
Runecutter chapter 5 . 5/19/2012
Well i think the problem with this story is that you're introducing a VERY american motif into the HP series... Readers that will really enjoy this story will need to understand and possibly value the sport you've used as your big story vehicle. Sadly even with 300 mil Americans that does leave out 95% of humanity which basically look at this and could care less about the drama with the game, the tension with the sportive situation and all this.

I thought it was all in all a nice little story about bad decisions and good endings instead of them... but i also was a bit disappointed because all through the airport scenes i expected for Harry to already have everything in control, to have used his fame and/or fortune to delay the friggin' flight as long as possible so he can apparate to the airport and beg her for eternal forgiveness for his stupidity and insensitive decision (okay, as a male human i think much of this IS Hermione's fault as he clearly said "i can tell you in a week" and knowing Harry THAT would have given him the time he needed to see his fault. Maybe not ALL the brains are in her posession :D Or at least her library still misses the essential male-female translation almanach... big fault!)

And to be honest... isn't the ending missing two things? FIRST ... HAS he managed his legendary perfect game in spite of the circumstances? HE might not care, but after all this pseudo serbokroation mumbo jumbo i think the reader HAS earned this tidbit of information _

AND SECOND: the team should announce publicly, loud and in front of Hermione that he has told them he will not return for the next season, regardless if this WAS his perfect game or not... Where do they have those showy LED screens for if not to say goodbye? :D
dismembered constellations chapter 5 . 11/20/2011
:-) Cute. I like how it all happened in one game, made it interesting. The sad part is that I've now read almost all your HP stories... :(
Starlight232 chapter 5 . 10/13/2011
THIS IS AWESOME!
JangMiSong chapter 5 . 8/8/2011
I like it. You didn't go in depth of the game to the point where I would be saying, "what?" But you still told us what was going on and painted a picture. I also like the fact that you didn't really tell us how obsessed Harry was before the story started, so it kind of let the reader interpret it. And, on top of that, I'm pretty sure that you are the only one who made me like a story about sports! That is a miracle itself if it isn't about soccer.
SILVERArrowGRIFFIN chapter 5 . 7/30/2011
aww this was really cute but short tho.i love it :D
E.G. Potter chapter 5 . 1/4/2011
D'awww. I love it. :D
broomstick flyer chapter 1 . 12/22/2010
This needs a complete entire rewrite. Guys in Britain do not play a girls game professionally, (oh yeah, the girls call it 'Rounders' though why, I dont know.) Try using a little research about the place you are writing about or simply write about someone American if you can't get out of the American culture.
YearOfJudges chapter 5 . 12/8/2010
I don't care that Harry is playing baseball. There are plenty of reasons why he possibly could be. However, I do wish you went into more details leading up to Hermione leaving him. Sure, we know that he chose baseball over her, but that leaves the past really open to interpretation as to why he even had to make the choice. That's really just my opinion- Of course, you may have wanted it that way! lol. This story was very enjoyable though.
pawsrule chapter 5 . 12/8/2010
I enjoy a sappy ending! Thanks for the story. I'll be reading your next one, as long as it's H/Hr.