Reviews for A Mother's Tragedy
221Bfandomlocked4 chapter 1 . 3/27/2013
Great one-shot! You seem to be good at Black Family stories! You should do more!
Sailor GaOn Donut chapter 1 . 3/5/2013
wow
maritza chan chapter 1 . 10/25/2012
I like the history. Is not very common to find a fic about this characters.
Son of Whitebeard chapter 1 . 3/31/2012
So sad that many siblings, in the Black Family and argue and then die.
ChocolateTeapot chapter 1 . 3/16/2012
This story is very well written. The idea is interesting and it seems very plausible too. My only complaint is that it feels a little rushed at the end.

“The Daily Prophet, however, under the enlightened editorship of Betelgeuse Black, was a reliable support all through that troubled time.” This is my favourite sentence.
amata0221 chapter 1 . 3/7/2012
Great story, really sad but great.
93 Diagon Alley chapter 1 . 2/13/2012
This was an extremely interesting take on why things were the way they were in the canon time frame. I thought it was a great read, thanks for sharing it with us :)
PureAwesomeness13 chapter 1 . 12/26/2011
Wow. That's a great story. Very sad and depressing, but beautifully written. Please keep writing! :DD
LittleMissMelodyPond chapter 1 . 12/18/2011
will there be more?
SpiritedWind chapter 1 . 5/5/2011
Wow! This is good. And sad. I love it. I'm speechless!
Taylor1991 chapter 1 . 3/21/2011
Excellent job. You did a superb job in portraying the Black's personalities along with the tragedities that they faced.

Thanks for sharing. :)
Paimpont chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
What a fascinating and well-written little story! Yes, that would explain a lot about the Ancient and Most Noble House of Black.
SomeGuyFawkes chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
It started a little confusing since it used film "lore" that does not match canon, nor even the Family tree that Rowling provided and auctioned. You can't expect many (if any) FF readers to know where it's coming from. And, so, it's like dropping in a slew of OC's without proper introduction. (Rowling, like many other good writers, even reintroduces characters that she had introduced in previous books - especially in the earlier (better) years.)

But, the story was good enough until this bit...

›› 'CRUCIO!' she shouted, and threw Muggle after Muggle into convulsive fits.

No way. Remember that Wizards fled in terror from muggles with swords and bows. And, the Brits back then were made of sterner stuff - not like the PC [censored] that seem common today.

Ella would be brought down within minutes - by pistol, blade, bricks and/or fists.

Overall, it was a nice attempt to fill out a question-mark on the Black Family Tree. The ending was comme ci comme ça, but the plot (minus that one huge hole) and "feel" of the story were good.
titpuce86 chapter 1 . 2/17/2011
Your Blacks are so awesome!I love them! Poor Sirius! And poor Ella! I like how you managed to also put the empoverment of the weasley' family in it. All in all, a great story.
MidnightsRose chapter 1 . 2/12/2011
very reasonable and realistic take on the cause of the black family's situation and lifestyle all those years later. depressing, yet amazing