Reviews for Growing Up Black
LupineMoon chapter 40 . 3/2
I discovered this fic yesterday when a friend recommended it to me and I'v been (as you can see) plowing through it. I was a little leery about Harry's ability to use Parseltongue to do magic and am glad that's not taking over. I'm quite enjoying seeing the Blacks and Malfoys from a different perspective. Huzzah for more nice Slytherins, there aren't enough of us.
shadow chapter 69 . 2/23
please update.
Esme Owens chapter 69 . 2/12
Noooooo - i have read this story for weeks and loved every second of it ... never thought to check if it was finished or not ... please please please start writing again and finish it for me. your stories have made me the happiest i have been since the orginal series of books finished and restored my love of reading - dont take it away from me now.
Chaoticist chapter 69 . 2/12
I love this story, and can only hope that you return to writing, and that nothing has befallen you.
PinaySmith chapter 69 . 2/4
Oh I really wish you'd continue with this story! You've got me hooked! I read all 69 chapters in one day...when I should've been packing to move to a different state :/ lols. Priorities right? Anyway, please update!
Lauzag chapter 69 . 2/4
Great story. Are you intending to complete it?
nemesisswan chapter 9 . 2/1
Sirius was a little bit too sane at the beginning.
And I also highly doubt they would treat with respect a half-blood like Tonks.
nemesisswan chapter 4 . 2/1
I think this is a mistake to begin all this circus with Remus looking for the boy - unless of course he will find him and promise to tell no one since he already knows the old goat is going to send the boy back should he find him.

Penmanship of a six years old... Hmm... Well, since Harry since to act more like a 10 years old boy instead of a little child I think nothing should be surprising.

You should drop "Harry..." - using his ex name kind of clashes now that he has a permanent other name.

A major question:
The boy was supposed to grow up in France, yes? How are you going to explain this detail he knows no word in this language?
nemesisswan chapter 3 . 2/1
The first part is good but I really doubt that Dumbledore would approach the revelations and the problem with such fashion.
nemesisswan chapter 2 . 2/1
Okay. So...

First of all, I like your writing style. :)
You re still oversimplifying things but since I like this story (and it can be rarely said about any) so I will try to bear with it. Besides I must say I like it this one time - a potion changing all of Harry's being sound ridiculously easy but then again maybe it will save a lot of problems other writers have while writing a similar stories with more reasonable reasons as to why had Harry managed to pass as someone else permanently.
When it comes to grammatic errors I can only give you one advice: commas are your friends, my dear. Without them you can easily change the meaning of the sentence and/or confuse the hell out of your readers. ;)
nemesisswan chapter 1 . 2/1
Exaggeration - with those slaps and Vernon doing nothing. Oversimplification of everything without focusing on details and writing more. Just jumping from one thing to the other. In your opinion all humans reactions can just chance and appear with a snap of one's fingers. It's rater frustrating to read. I hope it will improve in next chapters or reading it is going to be unbearable.
Jonia chapter 69 . 1/30
Good, interesting story. Thank you. Would be nice for it to conclude, I'd be curious about how you'd do that.
ladyres chapter 27 . 1/28
Arianna wsnt a squib she didn't have control over her magic ijs
Sanguinary Tide chapter 69 . 1/24
-_- ... of course this would be the last chapter that I read. ...of frickin course! *walks away mumbling & grumbling*
Darwin's Apprentice chapter 69 . 1/23
Hi! What an awesome fanfic, congratulations. It's a shame it's unfinished, but I get that real life gets in the way. If you ever decide to contomue I could help as a beta or something. Cheers!
4,141 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »