Reviews for Growing Up Black
darthkratos24 chapter 1 . 5/12
Oh good god's one of the weirdos that doesn't actually use speech marks for speech... Bet you're American too? They all seem to be yanks
Harry2 chapter 1 . 5/12
The House of Black carries WEIGHT, whether it's in the magical or muggle world!
qwertyuiop123214685 chapter 70 . 4/16
good story, would've liked an update but honestly I find the horcrux Hogwarts a bit too far fetched
RainyDayReader chapter 9 . 4/11
The part with Harry/Aries and Sirius is so touching! I'm doing a re-read and just had to pause and let you know!
️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️1234567890£¥_[]{}§~…\!?qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm,.1234567890 #$:,.QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM,.️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️‼️⁉️〽️️️️️️️️️️️ℹ️0️1️2️3️4️5️6️7️8️9️#️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️〰️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
ℹ️0️1️2️3️4️5️6️7️8️9️#️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️〰️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️〽️️️️️️️️️️️️‼️⁉️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️
️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️‼️⁉️〽️️️️️️️️️️️ℹ️0️1️2️3️4️5️6️7️8️9️#️*️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️〰️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️️1234567890£¥_[]{}§~…\!?qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm,.1234567890 #$:,.QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM,.
Dat Grammar Snob chapter 70 . 2/9
It's a shame that you won't be finishing this fanfic, but I can tell you that this story has brought me great joy and inspired me to write a fanfic of my own. I deeply enjoyed fictional writing when in school and see no reason as to why not to write a fanfic. I doubt that my first one will be very long, but I have a lot of ideas brewing, where the wizarding world is definitely not cannon. I shall be sure to use connexion in the fic, but I'll see where it goes. Thanks for inspiring me! Adios!
DatJenious chapter 43 . 2/6
Sharing their parents, that one made me smile. I'm still grinning. The book (let's just call it a book for ease) is turning out to be really good. I swear it very well may be the end of me, I'm loosing sleep on this book, and there's still another 27 chapters left! I applaud you for writing such a lengthy book, I hate finding one with a good plot, only to find that it's a "one and done". Great stuff and keep it up. I too rather like the use of connexion, colour, poppycock, flabbergast, expergefactor, uhtcearu, Tyromancy, Mugwump, cockalorum, happenstance, irenic, eacher, pamphysycianism, and apogee. I will also applaud of your use of old English, correct spelling and proper use of grammar! All in all, this is turning out to be a really magnificent book and I can't wait to see what occurs in the next installment!
DatJenious chapter 9 . 2/4
Love love love love love love love this fanfic! Or dare I say novel! Part one and 2 both with a lot of chapters! I'm going to have a blast reading this. I really enjoy the evil harry fics so I went looking for a "the Blacks are nice harry fanfic" and this is what popped up. If the current standard for these chapters keeps up this will be a rival to my favorite fanfic to date, "They shook hands". Looking forward to what is happening, and while I won't be posting a comment after every chapter, that is cause I can't keep from reading the next one! Thanks soooooo much for writing this.
LordCarey chapter 70 . 1/27
I'm not sure if you, Dorky, will ever read this but thought I would share my thoughts nonetheless.

I first read this story when I was in middle school, around 2011/2012. Over a decade has now past and yet somehow after all these years I came back to your story. I have grown up considerably since then but your story remains emblazoned in my memory of great fiction I have read.

Your skills as a writer and in character development are nearly unparalleled I hope you know. I myself would end up contracting clinical issues which would result in my medication years after my first read. As a result I bear no grudge and completely understand why you never finished it.

And yet, I have come back to this story and read it again. I truly do not care that it was left on a cliffhanger (it's the journey, not the destination!). I no longer remember how I came upon the story initially but this story broadened my mind to what fiction could be. Without "Growing Up Black", I doubt I would've ever truly read so many great works that other authors put out expanding upon the HP universe. HP Fan-fiction ended up being one of the few comforts I had in the darkest years of my early teenage years and I have you to thank for that.

The character of Cassiopeia remains seminal in my mind and even was imitated in many of my unpublished works. I think we need more of her in today's age, wherein the stodgy old guard actually changes for the better. That's what Cassiopeia taught me, that anyone, even the worst of us, could change their values to the better if we only recognized our humanity and innate love. It's those values that enable me to keep kind and nice in the hopes of a better future today.

I could go on for ages about how much this story means to me, but I just wanted you to know; you changed my life and I do not know where I would be if I hadn't read this back when I was 12.
crazydavey chapter 19 . 12/22/2021
Aunty Cassy cracks me up, because she's so delightfully insane lmao. Her just threatening to kneecap everybody at the station if they didn't shut up about her nephews was hilarious. The name of the book she has apparently written was also wonderful.

I guess this is going to be a Hermione bashing story? I mean, she could be annoying especially in the earlier years, but it wasn't exactly in her nature in canon to insist something like, "Hufflepuff is for the simple people". Oh well.
crazydavey chapter 14 . 12/22/2021
Holy crap that obituary makes Pollux seem like such an utter madman lmao. Which I guess he kinda was... I mean, he moved to a different country simply so he could hunt muggles for sport smh.
Guest chapter 70 . 11/9/2021
best wishes for rl, loved this read - still brilliant third time around
Marlen Padua chapter 22 . 11/7/2021
Smh ️ I get the three are kids but ‘Mione and the other two, how can you be so stupid
5,029 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »