Reviews for Growing Up Black
Alvor the Warhawk chapter 20 . 8/20
I must say, I am absolutely in love with your story. Your Harry is balanced in that he's arrogant, but tempered with kindness, jealous, but willing to admit his faults. All in all, he's a better person than I was at that age I think. I also enjoyed what you've done with your Draco. All together, the whole thing seemed a rather reasonable progression and change for the boy. Your characterizations of the Remus and The Squibs and all the others are also delightfully unique. To be honest, we rarely see Mad House Black as they are usually made 'grey' "shudders" The fate of Wormtail was also uniquely poignant and all together the small and intimate moments between Draco and Harry make the story all the more believable. It goes without saying that your spelling and grammar are near-if-not-perfect. All in all, it is a most wonderful story and I look forward to the rest!
CristinaB chapter 69 . 8/20
I enjoyed your story as much as J.K's but where is the rest? I've devoured these chapters and need more! spare my soul the pain and please continue, you do the world a dis-service by putting your writing in pause.
Aye, suppose there shan't be anymore of this - I'll get over it eventually, though I really do not wish too.

~_~
SortingHat chapter 2 . 8/9
Actually only a small handful of muggles were like that but the school is forced by higher ups to brainwash kids into only thinking that and that all whites are evil too.

Pretty much all a school needs to do now a days is just have a picture of a white man and say "This is evil!" over and over with a few *exaggerated* facts until kids get it and chant it themselves. Then you have reverse racism.

The Quakers or actually the real name *The Friends* Christian people were never like that and would use the law to bring justice to people who abuse others and were the type that didn't believe in war to a fault.
Herdcat chapter 69 . 8/4
This is one of the best harry potter fanfics I have ever read - the part with the squibs was wonderfully written and your character deaths actually had me in tears at one point! I love the way the Black family snipe at each other constantly but pull together when there is a threat and your Draco is adorable!
OrangeRangerAlex96 chapter 69 . 7/26
Wow.

First of all, this story is fantastic! I've loved every second of it! It's one of those stories where I don't want it to end but, at the same time, I want to know all of its secrets so I can't put it down.

Secondly, YIKES! Now I'm scared. If HOGWARTS is against us, hope can we win?

Really looking forward to more!
Ekan chapter 12 . 7/18
It is well known that Ollivanders first name is Garrick, there was no need to make one up, a quick search of wikipedia would have told you that.
ciel.livide chapter 69 . 7/18
oh well isn't that a heck of a twist! and, oh, Sirius, I love you more than ever.
SaiyaCat chapter 11 . 7/12
So Awsome
Aaawwwww
sanjayv747xbox chapter 69 . 6/30
holy shit this story is fan-fucking-tastic I actually don't have the words I need to describe how amazing this story is. I read this story once a couple months ago and I just saw it again and it blew me away again; just like it does every time I read it. it is truly a masterful story and a one of a kind concept done so well. I am truly amazed and in awe of the brilliant job you've done here mate. please keep it up. This story definitely a diamond in the proverbial shit of fanfiction
mckertis chapter 69 . 6/19
It was going so well...and then you decided to go all homo on your readers. For shame.
hello,
This is the second time I'm reading this story. I did not realize it was the second time until I started predicting things that happen in the plot. (You read on manipulative Dumbledore story you read them all!) I've read other stories where Hogwarts is sentient and talks to harry but Hogwarts melding with a horocurx and becoming evil? I think this is officially the point where you went off the rails with this story. I'm glad you stopped writing this story. I think you are an excellent writer and hope you continue writing. This was a great story in the beginning, dragged in the middle but was trying too hard to be interesting in the last two plot points.

Peace out
asingh123 chapter 22 . 6/18
Hi,

Nice story at the beginning...

But I really never associated being 'high class' to being stupid...

Easily being baited by Snape...

We should go see the Troll?

I thought seeing so much death and wanting the stone would give him somewhat cautious perspective...
Daddymoopoo chapter 69 . 6/16