Reviews for Now That There's Time To Think
allieisrandom chapter 1 . 10/23/2012
This is fascinating actually, you seem to hate Karofsky more than most viewers do at this point and the fact that you were able to get inside his head so well is just WOW. You actually create sympathy for him, in a way it's all Laura's fault for putting the preassure on him not to come out and then to return. And you tap into canon better than you knew you were when this was written lol
trufflemores chapter 1 . 9/28/2012
I agree: I don't think that Paul Karofsky had any part in the school board appeal. I love how you've portrayed David's family here. You don't victimize him in the sense that all readers should promptly stop feeling sympathy for Kurt and instead support David's plight, but you acknowledge his situation from a different perspective. He's in a difficult place in his life because of his circumstances. Terrible as it may seem for him, you also don't let him off the hook, which I was pleased to see. He's still responsible for tormenting Kurt - he even silently admits to torturing Kurt - and it doesn't excuse his behavior, even though the seeds are there for such a personality to manifest. That's what you've done here, really: broken down David Karofsky in a logical way. It's really interesting to read, and I like that about it.

Needless to say, I was also pleased that Paul Karofsky was rational and level-headed in the discussion with Burt and Kurt and that he brought that here as well. I feel like he is genuinely on the 'right' side, even if he makes certain critical errors along the way. (Suggestions that he wouldn't support David's sexual orientation, for instance). Laura is the perfect contrast, bringing into sharp relief the reasons why David can't simply own up to his actions without facing serious consequences. He wants to stay in his family's 'good graces,' and in order to do that, he has to lie. It's unfortunate, but life isn't always fair and clean-cut, so I can definitely see that as the scenario that played out after Karofsky went off-screen.

All in all, another intriguing piece. Very thought-provoking.
kcbalfour chapter 1 . 8/24/2011
Amazing. I really hope Karofsky comes out in Season 3. His Dad would be shocked, sure; but I think he'd spend like a day thinking about it, and then realize that he doesn't care and he loves his son. And then Karofsky would be all encouraged, and come out to his Mum, and his Mum would kick up a MEGA SHITSTORM and his parents would get divorced, and his Dad would move him to Dalton. YEAH.
Ayley chapter 1 . 7/28/2011
This is on tomorrow. I ship St. Klainetofsky. I'm Ayley. I'm obsessed with your stories. I cried when you went to camp. I love you. I love Tumbled. I love Hard To Come By and the Lilo and Stitch one.

My name is Ayley Hartley and I'm addicted to Caitlin Trevathan.
MoreThanABlipinTime chapter 1 . 7/18/2011
This made me like Dave!

Normally I hate him, even though sometimes I feel bad for him, but I still don't like him and wish he would go away!

But this made me feel SO sympathetic for him! I actually like Karofsky now, even though he's a bully, I feel bad because we know WHY he does it! AND he got rejected by the most gorgeous boy on the planet!

THANK YOU for writing this! It's incredible!

You are sooo talented and truly have a gift! XD
I SAY OLD BEAN chapter 1 . 5/12/2011

And Puck.

ASDRGHJNKKOHGFDSERVBIN

ahem.
TheRomanticNerd chapter 1 . 5/8/2011
I know my reviews haven't been all that intelligent so far, most of the time I'm too lost in the aww and other feelings to think of anything smart and actually worthy of reading :P

I really liked this one. It gave insight into Dave's thoughts, his struggles and how the situation played form his POV. I really wish they would do something like that in the series, because while it's not necessary, per say, it would make things much more clear, the situation easier to understand for everyone viewing.

I loved that you added the football locker room scene, and the Britney Spears number. That one is one of my faves from this show, simply because Kurt is so smoking hot in it, I feel the need to salivate every time I look at him in it. I think only Born This Way tops that experience in the sexiness department.

And now I'm ranting. Anyway. On with the stressbaker verse! :D
Eirian chapter 1 . 3/8/2011
I really liked that you had his mother be very bossy and homophobic. I was talking with someone about Karofsky & mentioned that people who bully have often been bullied at some point themselves. And as you mentioned, they showed his dad as being very open and unbiased, and I just couldn't see him really being verbally abusive to Karofsky. For some reason I hadn't even thought about it being his mother who was like that. Maybe just because it's hard to picture a woman acting like that with her children. But then, I'm sheltered. _

Anyway! I really liked it! The whole Karofsky stream-of-consciousness was... it was good, but it was Karofsky, so I didn't really like it too much. But you did a very good job on it!
Lorelei-elf chapter 1 . 3/5/2011
You wrote Dave's parents so real! I was so enraged by their lack of sympathy for Kurt. They didn't even told their son he was stupid for bullying someone to begin with! And although maybe Paul has some standards, his wife surly hasn't and he says nothing about her for it. ass.

by the way... I've told you a couple of times already but i really love your work. And i want to show that to you, but the only way how is writing reviews and I got a little bored with repeating: I loved it, thumbs up etc, so

but i do love it :o)
Lycoris B chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
This was brilliant! And though I prefer to think of Karofsky as a psycopath this was a more compassionate side of him that I really liked :)
seeleyboothfan chapter 1 . 2/21/2011
I hate Karofsky because of the terror and pain he put Kurt through and I don't care how scared and confused he is, that doesn't condone threatening someone's life and terrorizing them. But your story made my heart warm to him just slightly.
golden-perception chapter 1 . 2/19/2011
Whoa. Very nice.
nessyschu chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I really liked your take on Karofsky's perspective. I feel bad for him now!
divcon chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
I really enjoyed this. I too thought that it was his mum who went to the board after seeing Paul on the show, I couldn't see him doing it.

I had written his dad very different in my fic, so it was weird seeing him that way on the show.

So yeah, loved it.
boriqua522 chapter 1 . 12/12/2010
this was good, again i think you're too hard on yourself. i liked that we got karofsky's pov on the what happened. i especially liked that he noticed how kurt's father still loved him, even though he's 'gay as a unicorn sliding down a rainbow.' i thought the show did a good thing with karofky's father, he listened and believed. wishing you'd do another chapter when David gets back to school and finds out kurt is gone.