Reviews for Grateful
InMourningForAthelstan chapter 1 . 10/13/2012
Very nice.
Caveat Lector 52 chapter 1 . 11/9/2011
I loved this so much, it perfectly highlights Harry and Hermione's brother/sister relationship.
lilypotters chapter 1 . 9/25/2011
AMAZING! I LOVE IT SO MUCH! It's SO cute, and Harry and Hermione is the BEST boy/girl friendship out there.
gooseberrie chapter 1 . 2/25/2011
Finally! I have happened upon an AMAZING story that involves Harry and Hermione as just friends! You captured their relationship really well, this is going in my favourites! And I love how you got the prompt into the story, what Hermione said was so true!

Great job!

Priya
Rameelia chapter 1 . 2/18/2011
I really appreciate that you kept the story canon and didn't make this a sappy romance fic. Not that there's anything wrong with romance, you understand, but one gets a bit fed up with it after a while, and moreover, there's entirely too few trio friendship fics out there.

I liked your portrayal of Harry. It was spot-on Harry: feeling guilty and responsible for everyone and everything. And the way Hermione comforted him was cute and heartwarming and all those lovely things that make you smile and feel more optimistic about life. :)

Very nice story. I really enjoyed reading this!
Paper Pearls chapter 1 . 2/10/2011
That was an excellent story, and I think that it was beautifully written. The pace was exactly write, and your characterisation was phenomenal, which was what made this story so easy to get into. I think that you managed to write something entirely in the spirit of the series. There was a perfect balance of angst and hope, which were perfect considering the situation.

From the opening, you created a strong, turbulent atmosphere:

"The view would be breathtaking if it weren't for the oppressive gray clouds that obscure the sky."

Your descriptive language allowed for the story to have real character, and there was something so striking about this image. It also seemed to serve as a metaphor - Hogwarts, which represents the magical world to Harry, is currently in a kind of limbo after the end of the war, although there are better times and clearer skies ahead; very clever.

Your portrayal of Hermione was suitably compassionate and sensitive, and I felt as though she could have been lifted from Rowling's pages. I also liked the way in which you used her intellectual comments as a source of humour:

"It's so very Hermione of her that he laughs, the sound rusty, but she joins in and soon they are both giggling madly on the top of the Astronomy Tower..."

The emphasis placed on 'Hermione' made it possible to understand the friendship between them, and the laughter was the perfect form of comic relief. The tension ebbed away for both the reader and the characters. The dynamic between them was so sweet, and it added to the growing theme of hope that was built up throughout the story.

Your presentation of Harry was also excellent:

"It's not fair, Hermione."

The simplicity of and feeling behind this statement were perfectly Harry. He seemed so forlorn and, as always, more concerned about others than himself - perhaps even guilty. His lack of understanding regarding Ginny was also in line with his character:

'He looks taken aback at the sudden change in topic. "What do you mean?"'

Finishing on this romantic theme allowed for a human element to be introduced, suggesting that although they had all suffered, life would go on. It was an astonishingly good story and you're clearly a skilled writer. Bravo!
SuzyQ15 chapter 1 . 1/24/2011
I love how your capable of both light and pretty intense writing...if only every writer had that gift :) and I'm pretty sure you know that I personally do not enjoy the Harry/Hermione fics but this one was good because it was actually just friends not romantically involved :)
ImNotSoEpic chapter 1 . 1/10/2011
Yay :D Match-maker Hermione.

Just to point out, there were a few missing words there. Just to help...

I did really like the base plot going on here, though.

Hermione and Harry friendship.

I've read to many stories where Hermione is all evil...
ncis-lady chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Really nice story! I love Hermione, how she finds exactly the right words for Harry and how she makes him feel better. And I loved the ending about Ginny waiting for Harry. Nice one!
Loten chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
You sneak, how dare you write something without telling me XD

Nice. Present tense actually works for this, and I do like the Harry/Hermione friendship.
miss-harry-potter-weasley chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Wow, just wow your writing is stunning. Totally breathtaking. I felt so many emotions whilst reading it and i can see this being in one of the books. Well done you should be really proud it's gorgeous. x
AscendFlySoar chapter 1 . 11/30/2010
I have one complaint: Length! Stretch it out! This was adorable at the length you have it now, but you could really make it breathtaking if it was only a smidge longer!

The part where Harry calls Hermione his "rock" was just... stunning. I really love their brother-sister no sexual tension whatsoever relationship- it baffles me, and you captured it perfectly. I also loved the ending: beautifully corny, yet strangely satisfying...:]