Reviews for The Art of Being Emotionally Detached
Aerocheetah chapter 1 . 4/25
Okay, I love this. I always see so many AUs where Arthur's the writer, and it's nice to see a change. Also, the language you use for this piece itself is just amazing? Like, it's very fluid and the imagery is amazing. I think I just found myself a new favorite FrUK fanfic.
The Cat chapter 1 . 1/24
You're welcome for dropping by and reading.

That was amazing! Everyone was in character, the plotline was well-constructed and flowed smoothly, grammar/sentence structure was immaculate... only, in the sixth-to-last paragraph, it says "tragdies." did you mean "tragedies"?

oh, wait. 'course you did. anyhow, very well done.
Guest chapter 1 . 12/14/2015
Ahhhh this was so good! It was kinda mellow the whole way through but I still got so happy reading about these dorks. I loved it! Thank you for posting!
Guest chapter 1 . 8/19/2015
Just heard the song My boy builds coffins by Florence and the machine. Immediately thought if this fanfic :')
Relicssk chapter 1 . 7/8/2015
Oftentimes I wish I could write more maturely, more artistically, that the reader feels drowned in my words. I absolutely positively do not particularly enjoy FrUK, but I finished about half of this. So pretty...I think it has something to do with the fact I am on a fan fiction reading binge of sorts, as well as being in a existential crisis mood...in regards to Hetalia. Why do all the countries have such twisted faces? In any case, Godspeed to you if you read this.
Guest chapter 1 . 5/17/2015
Oh. Okay. Alright then. Wow.
There are simply no words to describe the beauty of this, it's just... wow. Ought you have the power to make me cry over happiness? I don't have a clue, and to be honest, I don't care. I'd cry again and again, every day, forever and ever, if only there were more writing like this masterpiece.
Thank you, again and again, a thouand times and a thousand more, for your service to the world of literature.
steelgray chapter 1 . 1/10/2015
Fabulously good, I loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
I deeply love this fic: I love the idea, the storyline; I love the excecution; I love the romance and the tragedy; I love the writing style, the rhytm, the personifications. My only disappointment is that, from the begining, I was wating for a profound, philosophical explanation or maybe a simple, unexpected explanation, of why and how Arthur became a coffin maker, and it never apeared. I hope you write more stories like this.
andIJDC chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Gosh for a second there I was afraid this was going to end like one of those Edgar Allan Poe stories with Francis in a coffin before his time and well- just pleased with how it did end, oh it just had that almost nostalgic feeling through it all and it was great
Maddeline Bonnefoy-Kirkland chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
...Somehow, this is exactly the way my girlfriend and I interact. I write and try not to drink and try not to be too depressing, and she... is quite mad and obsessed with coffins and the utterly deliciously morbid. Thank you for making my day with this (And oh God, you love both FrUk/UkFr and UsCan/CanUs, too?! I knew I wasn't the only one)
Windy-san chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
This was, I am sure of it, one of the most wonderfully written fictions I have read to date. It is truly fascinating, the way you wrote it and the way you carried it through. FrUk happens to be my OTP and I always have a rather hard time finding good fanfics on them, so I simply must thank you for this wonderful story you have written here. I enjoyed this tremendously! Thank you and keep writing more amazing stories.

-Windy
Elleth of Hidden Lore chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
This is simply a masterpiece, and wonderful work or art! I fell in love with the way you write. It is just so well written! I was really interested as it began. It's different from anything FrUk that I've read before and I'm glad I found and read this.
NotJustAGirlJustMe chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I loved it so much! I loved the slow and natural way their relationship developed; it was very spot-on as well. Arthur as a coffin maker was brilliant! Wonderful!
lady of storm and lightning chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Ahh I love this so much! Your writing is beautiful! Fics where Francis is the one admiring Arthur are so rare, and this one is so unique without ending up being pretentious either. I love Francis and Mathieu's back stories, how you worked the tragedy of the first world war into the plot without making it central to the events, like it was important, and it was devastating for the people who experienced it, but the fact that the effects stretch beyond the actual war just makes this story so amazing! Like, the people who fought and died will never be able to escape it just ughh... I'm going to sob in a corner now...
Deidara Crack Remix chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
I immediately was like, this was slightly inspired by Florence, isn't it? Then you had me listening to her as I was reading. Really great story. I haven't actually read a fanfic in a few years, I'm glad this was definitely worth my time.