Reviews for The Art of Being Emotionally Detached
Oh. Okay. Alright then. Wow.
There are simply no words to describe the beauty of this, it's just... wow. Ought you have the power to make me cry over happiness? I don't have a clue, and to be honest, I don't care. I'd cry again and again, every day, forever and ever, if only there were more writing like this masterpiece.
Thank you, again and again, a thouand times and a thousand more, for your service to the world of literature.
steelgray chapter 1 . 1/10
Fabulously good, I loved it!
Guest chapter 1 . 11/3/2014
I deeply love this fic: I love the idea, the storyline; I love the excecution; I love the romance and the tragedy; I love the writing style, the rhytm, the personifications. My only disappointment is that, from the begining, I was wating for a profound, philosophical explanation or maybe a simple, unexpected explanation, of why and how Arthur became a coffin maker, and it never apeared. I hope you write more stories like this.
andIJDC chapter 1 . 10/26/2014
Gosh for a second there I was afraid this was going to end like one of those Edgar Allan Poe stories with Francis in a coffin before his time and well- just pleased with how it did end, oh it just had that almost nostalgic feeling through it all and it was great
Maddeline Bonnefoy-Kirkland chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
...Somehow, this is exactly the way my girlfriend and I interact. I write and try not to drink and try not to be too depressing, and she... is quite mad and obsessed with coffins and the utterly deliciously morbid. Thank you for making my day with this (And oh God, you love both FrUk/UkFr and UsCan/CanUs, too?! I knew I wasn't the only one)
Windy-san chapter 1 . 5/11/2014
This was, I am sure of it, one of the most wonderfully written fictions I have read to date. It is truly fascinating, the way you wrote it and the way you carried it through. FrUk happens to be my OTP and I always have a rather hard time finding good fanfics on them, so I simply must thank you for this wonderful story you have written here. I enjoyed this tremendously! Thank you and keep writing more amazing stories.

-Windy
Elleth of Hidden Lore chapter 1 . 5/9/2014
This is simply a masterpiece, and wonderful work or art! I fell in love with the way you write. It is just so well written! I was really interested as it began. It's different from anything FrUk that I've read before and I'm glad I found and read this.
NotJustAGirlJustMe chapter 1 . 1/2/2014
I loved it so much! I loved the slow and natural way their relationship developed; it was very spot-on as well. Arthur as a coffin maker was brilliant! Wonderful!
lady of storm and lightning chapter 1 . 11/26/2013
Ahh I love this so much! Your writing is beautiful! Fics where Francis is the one admiring Arthur are so rare, and this one is so unique without ending up being pretentious either. I love Francis and Mathieu's back stories, how you worked the tragedy of the first world war into the plot without making it central to the events, like it was important, and it was devastating for the people who experienced it, but the fact that the effects stretch beyond the actual war just makes this story so amazing! Like, the people who fought and died will never be able to escape it just ughh... I'm going to sob in a corner now...
Deidara Crack Remix chapter 1 . 11/23/2013
I immediately was like, this was slightly inspired by Florence, isn't it? Then you had me listening to her as I was reading. Really great story. I haven't actually read a fanfic in a few years, I'm glad this was definitely worth my time.
Dearest Destiny chapter 1 . 11/12/2013
oh wow. I usually don't ship FrUK, but this was amazing
Jingshoelaces chapter 1 . 9/11/2013
*Catches a heart that popped out of nowhere*

Please, don't thank me I should be thanking you, reading this has been a pleasure. You have made my favorite unlikely pairing come true but at the same time captured their usual love-hate relationship perfectly. And please, don't put down your own writing-thats other peoples jobs (not that they'll do because its so good) I am not Rowling nor am I Collins but I know what good writing is and I think this was wonderfully creative and the best 8,961 words I've read all day.
Kalina chapter 1 . 8/4/2013
FrUk is /your/ 2nd OTP too?! Amazing! My first OTP is, of course, Spamano. I love this, BTW. The idea of France as a morbid author, chain smoker, and alcholic (I just know that I slaughtered that word, but hey, it's 2 in the morning.) just amuses me to no end. And Arthur as a coffin maker? Priceless.
wishIwereanime chapter 1 . 8/3/2013
No way, that was your first Fruk story? It was beautifully written, and very in character. I loved every moment of it!
ATTHESTROKEOFMIDNIGHT chapter 1 . 7/26/2013