Reviews for After Life, Death
songsaboutsleep chapter 8 . 2/16
Oh god I cried my way through this. I loved this story.
seatides chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
I really enjoyed this story despite (or because of?) the dark and tragic tone. Your story really emphasizes how much Castiel lost over the years, and how he gained nothing in return for his loyalty and faith. I personally dislike interpretations of Castiel after the end of s5 because it seemed a lot like... character regression, so I really liked how you dealt with him as a human while still retaining his identity as an angel, if that makes sense. A lot of the time, it seemed like Cas wasn't sure of his own emotions, was surprised when they burst forth, and it really drove home the fact that he was so incredibly lost and hopeless; that he MISSED being an angel except he doesn't regret his actions. I find it bittersweet that even in moments where he was cynical enough to let loose his tongue, there was still a little bit of him that kept on believing that God would help, somehow. The moments where you had Cas so brutally honest to the point where the Winchesters suddenly realized what he was feeling... I was practically holding my breath. It just felt so real; something he probably felt through the course of his journey with the Winchesters in canon, constantly doubting and feeling more than an angel should. And really, it just goes to show you how little it takes to make Castiel happy, and how much it takes to push him to a breaking point, when all he needs is to see the Winchesters reconcile. Thank you for writing this. It really reminds me of why I love Castiel.
Nicolene B chapter 8 . 7/21/2014
Enjoyed the story
Guest chapter 8 . 1/23/2014
wow the last few paragraphs of this chapter floored me. this is beautiful.
Wicked R chapter 8 . 7/14/2013
beautiful!
katosamwinchester1130 chapter 8 . 4/14/2013
Wow! Such a power of forgiveness and acceptance. Sam would be fine and the three of them would pack up and go to the grand canyon.

Thank you for sharing this wonderful story.
S.E. Carrigan chapter 8 . 3/15/2013
Epic. Tragic, epic, spectacular, etc. etc. Its pretty late but I felt the need to finish this and I am so glad that I did. Ambiguous endings always leave me daydreaming, and I'm sure this will have my brain with all kinds of what ifs. Great job.
The Quote Bandit chapter 1 . 2/22/2013
You know what I just realized?
Sam's still got to be in that white suit getup Lucifer was wearing.
I mean, I seriously doubt Castiel took the time to change Sam's clothing.
That makes this a million times worse visual wise.
The Quote Bandit chapter 8 . 12/19/2012
Sad-happy is the worst kind of happy.
I hate you.
Have I said that before?
Alright.
I hate you.
The Quote Bandit chapter 7 . 12/19/2012
I'M PRETTY SURE YOU'RE GOING TO BRUTALLY MURDER THIS LITTLE SPARK OF HAPPY I HAVE BUT I DON'T CARE.
The Quote Bandit chapter 4 . 12/19/2012
NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO NO
SAM WHERE ARE YOU WHAT DID YOU DO.
Ginnylove9990 chapter 8 . 5/16/2012
Great story. Really awesome story. You captured all the feeling each one of them had. It is the perfect ending.
Emmers224 chapter 8 . 5/3/2012
So sorry I didn't review this last night! I stayed awake long enough to finish this (because once I get neck deep in something reallyreallyREALLY good, I have to see it till the end, regardless of the time) and then went to bed.

First, let me just say, ohmyfreakinggosh! This is SPECTACULAR. Ahh words are so inadequate and meager when trying to describe . .this. Every word, thought, feeling, action, every EVERYTHING was brilliant. Easily the best apocalypse/ The End tag I have ever read. And I read an unhealthy amount of fic too and I can't believe this has caught my eye till now.

I LOVE Cas. I love his weariness, his humanity, his sense of duty to Sam, the care he shows him. I love when his temper gets the best of him and he lashes out and wounds, be it Sam or Dean, and is immediatly remorseful.I love that hes clearly got a chip on his shoulder with heaven but that he finds hope again. I love that he loves Sam, despite everything. I love that when conflicted with what to do with Sam, he turns to the age old W.W.D.D. What would Dean do? Beautiful work with him. :) I could go on alllll day.

And DEAN. Goodness, he came out of left field. Quite literally. You took me by surprise with this one. I honesty wasn't expecting him to be resurrected. Like at all. This is part of the reason I was up to 3 in the morning to finish this. I HAD to know if Sam and Dean got the reunion they deserve. His realisticity made my chest hurt. His lack of concern for Sam at the beginning was excruciating until he discovered the poor guy was still alive, and then he was practically foaming at the mouth to see Sam, to reconcile with him. LOVED it. Made my fangirl heart weap with joy.

And Saaaaaammmm. Well needless to say, he will always be my downfall. Him wanting to catch the cat and tend to it made me want to smother him with hugs, love and chocolate till he was blue in the face. He's still Sam. Regardless of his hardships, of all the hell he's gone through, every soul searing struggle that leaves him feeling a little less, he is still and always will be the Sam we all love. The Sam that Dean loves no matter how hard he denies it or puts on a front. The Sam Cas feels inclined to save. The Sam that somehow, always survives despite the odds stacked against him. The Sam who is beautiful regardless of the ugliness bestowed upon him. And you do him wonderful justice.

Phew. This is easily THE longest review I have ever written. In a while at least. This is nearly as long as the story itself.

Clearly I love this. And clearly I would love it ever so much if there was an epilogue. :) and Have I mentioned that I love this? Well one more for the road I guess...I LOVE. 3 LoveMe. Lol
logophilia chapter 8 . 3/18/2012
Jesus. While I was reading the last chapter, I just thought that there was no way you could make a good ending out of that. But you did. The ending is perfect.

I think you captured all the emotions of Cas, Dean and Sam so well. And your writing is flawless.
jpgFury chapter 8 . 3/16/2012