Reviews for Fighting Fate
Guest chapter 18 . 5/31/2013
:( Want to read more of this story but I do hope that it isn't plagiarized as the comments indicate.
Sprouthater chapter 18 . 5/20/2013
Please finish this story, please, please
theresald chapter 18 . 4/24/2013
You are correct, not leaving a name when making an accusation is taking the cowards way out. I hope that little matter has been resolved. And I'm responding to this now because I just found the story! Which is very good and not like any other story I've read. But really, not updated since July2012? How does it end? I could try to finish it up in my own mind (a scary place, indeed) , but I know you would do a much better job of it.
stareagle chapter 18 . 4/15/2013
I was dismayed to read this note. I have read a lot of fanfic and remember another plane crash story where Tony was the survivor. If I remember correctly he was ejected from the plane that broke up mid flight and landed in a tree that broke his fall. He was not on the plane that crashed nearby with no survivors. At the time, the team looked for him and eventually found him. So similar premise of sole survivor of airplane crash but not identical plot or characters. I do not consider your story plagiarism any more than other hurt comfort scenarios that have been posted using one of the other characters. I agree that anonymous reviews like the one you speak of are upsetting. This should have been discussed in a p.m. with you - not an anonymous post. I truly hope you will finish your story. I look forward to how you will reconcile Penny with the team and Tim.
torontogirl12 chapter 18 . 9/17/2012
I am totally enjoying this story. Please continue it and ignore that person.
KrisShannon chapter 7 . 9/6/2012
This is a phenomenal story! My heart is aching for the team as they search for Tim. The old adage, 'so close and yet so far', has new meaning here. They were so close to Tim, yet they had no idea. They have to find him soon. Great job!
tealrose chapter 18 . 7/15/2012
yes, that person was rude...sigh...keep this story going...truly enjoying it!T
Guest chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
I think your anonymous reviewer may have been referring to 'High and Low' by xenascully. That story deals with Tony being the only survivor of a plane crash. You guys didn't 'steal' that story idea though as the first chapter of 'High and Low' wasn't published on until May 24th 2012, while 'Fighting Fate' was apparently first published Nov. 30, 2010.

As far as this reader is concerned, even if 2 or more writers have the same story idea, it's cool to see how different the stories actually are. I personally like both of the stories with the 'sole survivor of a plane crash' theme.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
Well, I certainly didn't leave that post, and I agree with you, posting it anonymously is tantamount to cowardice. The only story I can think of that is similar, although I cannot remember the name, has Tony as the main character. In that story, Tony actually free falls from the airplane and the tree canopy breaks his fall. I have been reading that one, too, so it's fresh in my mind. I wonder if they were thinking of that story? While the stories are similar, there are glaring differences.

Also, I really don't understand what people find problematic with two writers starting with the same idea. It happens all the time - there are even writing contests and challenges that specify that. I applaud the way you are handling this situation. If the person cannot back up their claims with evidence and do so by letting you know who is making the claim, then to me, that renders the claim invalid. I hope everything works out, as I want to see this story through to the end. It's good!
Delia Cerrano chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
I almost forgot I was so involved in my annoyance! You are going to continue this story aren't you?
Gottahavemyncis chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
For pity's sake, this is ridiculous, there's NO WAY either of you would plagiarize (copy!) a story! From what I know, you have so many ideas you flat out don't need to. Now, was that other story also first published in 2010? Grumbles to self about people making false accusations...not even checking facts first.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
Good responce to the accusation of plagarism.
fangirl36 chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
hi smartkid37 can we get back to the businesss of this great story ur fans no ur work so this mess is just white noise
Delia Cerrano chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
I don't remember any story that was strongly like this one & I read a lot. You are right about posting such things then not including their name & back up for their allegations. How can you take their comment seriously...anybody can say anything under those conditions.
Guest chapter 18 . 7/9/2012
I've read pretty much every Tim-centered story on this site and I've never read a story similar to yours and I hope this accusation won't stop you from continuing your story. I'd also like to commend you on responding to this accusation with class. You're still two of my favorite writers and you've got plenty of fans!
133 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »