Reviews for Fighting Fate
meegeesgeek chapter 5 . 12/26/2010
You guys have been really busy, and I have finally found the time to get caught up-whew! After reading the latest few chapters of this story i cannot help but feel hopeful, even if that hope has been diminished a bit given how badly injured Tim may be. I thought chapter three was really well done. I loved the length because you had so much to convey, but even with all that you conveyed I wasn't bogged down at all. I loved how you included flashbacks because it gave us all opportunities to get into the right frame of mind, and I thought it answered a lot of questions about the flight that was canceled. I felt so bad when the plane was canceled, and I thought that Tony's anger was palpable, but Ziva did a good job of diffusing the situation. Also the airline personal did a good job of dealing with the array of emotions, but then again I am sure that these sorts of emotions are seen often in their lien of work. Also who wouldn't soften after hearing about Tim and such. Then I loved how you got inside the heads of each character and gave insight to their emotions, and how each person was remembering Tim. I thought Tony was the best and most in depth and I think that is because he understands him the most given how close they work with one another. I loved the man's insight into how he has seen the man's heart break and how the sparkle has little by little left the man, that was gut wrenching to read, but completely plausible.

Then hearing Ziva talk about the unconditional friendship that the man had offered her upon her arrival to the team, and how he was so kind and such. Then Ducky thinking about how he is an old soul and such, and I thought Jimmy's thoughts were nice. I can see Tim and him being close only because they are around the same age I would presume and they share many of the same characteristics. It warms my heart that Tim has helped Jimmy in the girl department he is such a nice man! To be honest I almost forget that the gremlin went in the trip until Gibbs remembered him and tried to reach out to him. By the way that was nice of the man and I like that Gibbs the most. The paternal one that tries to make sure everyone comes before himself. I think you write Gibbs quite well!

Then on to the next chapter and the scene of the wreckage was haunting. They are so right when they said that the news could never have shown everything, and to be honest it is always worse in person especially if you have a vested interest in the case. The smells of the charred bodies and the fuel that you discussed on more than one occasion is palpable, and O felt as though I was there. I feel o bad for the team, especially when they find out that Tim's family is dead, but tat there is no sign of their man. I did not envy the Angela woman who had to tell them that! I couldn't totally see Tony's anger and i think that he is up for anything at this point. He just wants to find Tim as does everyone else. Also nice mention of the lungs and the thinner air, you always have been good at adding in canon bits of information and all into your stories.

Here is to hoping that they find Tim soon and I do not envy the potential long road of physical and mental recovery that he will have to go through. I meant Gibbs I am sure will be able to help him deal with the loss of his family seeing as he has as well, but will it be enough? Will Tim turn away? So many questions and I cannot wait to see how you go about tackling the questions! I cannot wait to see what comes next!

Cannot wait for your next update on any of your many stories. All of your work is amazing guys!
VFSNAKE chapter 5 . 12/24/2010
YEAH! Go Tim! He stared death in the face and walked away. I hope anyway.
VFSNAKE chapter 4 . 12/24/2010
Awesome! Tim is missing and nowhere in sight.
Grace OMaille chapter 5 . 12/24/2010
So so sad...having responded to a major plane crash you have the chaos and especially the smell down. Truly the smell will linger for months. I am eagerly waiting for the next chapters!

thanks!
Gunner'sDream chapter 5 . 12/24/2010
Merry christmas to us _ 2 chapters in a day! and two great ones at that! i can't wait for the next chapter to read how the search goes and if they find tim! i sure hope they do!
Gunner'sDream chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
WHAT? He's alive? JOY! but his family isn't.. not joy.. cannot wait for an update to find out why tim wasn't on the plane and where he is and what's going on! Really great chapter!
extraordinary geek chapter 3 . 12/23/2010
Yay Tim is somewhere, I was afraid for a while Tim would be dead.
Junee chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
Wow!Where is he?Why is his luggage on the plane and not him,mind you I'm glad they did not find him dead...you weave a suspenseful story,love your update as soon as you can,I'm also following your other stories and waiting for ShelbyLou's Bitten..you guys are a great Christmas!
Armitage Blade chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
I read the story so far, and let me tell you: this story definitely packs a punch. Emotionally, the toll of the news is such a gut-check, and the use of the dreaded cliffhanger to create a sense of suspended belief was a complete mastery, not only of your ability to write, but also of the idea of the cliffhanger as a plot tool.

The only downside of the story so far is the length of time to update the story. I'm hoping that with the cliffhanger you used, it won't take as long to update.

I cannot wait until you update with the next chapter.
MacMhuirich chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
Aw, you really do know how make us cry with such depressing news...and the memories, both good and less good...

Now, at least, we know the fate of Tim's family. But where oh where is Tim? How could he not contact his team or vice-versa?

I'd love to press for the next update, but knowing how busy you both are, I'll be uncharacteristically patient... ;D
VFSNAKE chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
HOLY CRAP! McGee is alive! But his family is gone. Damn!
healingcat chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
I'm really likeing this story. Now I'm just waiting for teh next chapter to show us where is McGee?
xenascully chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
ooooooooooooooooooo
cmwinner chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
I knew he couldn't be on that plane!
Alisa123 chapter 3 . 12/22/2010
good one...if tim wasn't on the plane...then where & the HELL is he?...ya can't tell me, he hasn't heard the news.

keep it coming.