Reviews for Moment of Truth
Cassandra30 chapter 1 . 8/21/2010
Poor Severus.
Evilevergreen chapter 1 . 8/24/2007
My favorite part would have to be when you compared Percy to Severus. I think seeing a Dark Percy would have been believable within the HP world.

Great job. D
DailyProphetEditor chapter 1 . 6/23/2007
Well. I just don't believe in the Snape-loved-Lily theory (you may all go and laugh at me if Deathly Hallows proves me wrong). They might have been friends, that's quite likely indeed. But I don't think there was love. So I'm not too happy with the conclusion of this story.

But, and that's a huge BUT: this is one of the best-written little ficlets I've read in a while. I love the Severus/Minerva interaction, the snippets of information from Severus's past as a student. Although a conversation with a chess game as backsetting is a plot device often used, it rarely ever is done so well. I loved how Minerva first thought Severus wasn't paying attention and then still lost her queen - but not the game. Great writing style.

I also find it quite believable that Snape must know a couple of things - like that Harry would eventually come to Hogwarts, and that Sirius could not have had a child - yet he choses not to know them and not to think about them. Denial of unwanted information is a typical process, and Snape's a likely candidate for that. I feel you've portrayed both Severus and Minerva very in character.

And just a minor side issue, but I liked the thing about Percy, that a mind like his would be attractive to the dark side... Percy has always been so straight-to-the-Ministry that few people stop to notice that he has in fact quite some dark potenial (after all he worshipped Barty Crouch senior who allowed the Unforgivables to his Aurors). So that was another very-in-character observation you worked into this fic.
Kayryn chapter 1 . 2/8/2006
This was a good one. I like the idea in the end. And I generally enjoyed the idea of these two spending time together.
Dar Sel'La chapter 1 . 6/27/2005
That is an intresting thought. It would make the relationship that you see part of in year 5 soo much more intresting. I like the end.
Kimberly chapter 1 . 8/17/2004
This is an intersting short piece. I never thought about how Snape's opinions about Harry relate to his relationship with Lily, only with James. I also liked how Snape showed emotion in front of another Professor. Kinda reminds me that HP is written from the POV of Harry.
Lavinia Lavender chapter 1 . 7/8/2004
Oh, one thing: You might want to re-rate this - there's swearing, it can't be G. Try PG.
KatieSkarlette chapter 1 . 12/15/2003
I ADORE this. The interplay between Minerva and Severus is spot-on. And the Lily thing...yes yes yes. _
Darcel chapter 1 . 3/15/2003
Poor snape.. You write great storys
Boromir chapter 1 . 1/1/2003
that was very good!
Charlotte Black chapter 1 . 10/29/2002
This story was perfect. I just thought I'd let you know I've read all your other Harry Potter fics too, and I think they're all excellent. Some of the best writing on the site. My favourite is still 'Sunday, Bloody Sunday' though.
Dreamer22 chapter 1 . 10/11/2002
Intreaging, Severus had/has a thing for the late Lily? hmmm interesting, very interesting!
Lavinia Lavender chapter 1 . 9/21/2002
Oooh. Cool.
Hopeful Writer chapter 1 . 8/4/2002
Wow, cool. Poor guy. At least it's not Sirius's kid, though. Besides, Harry doesn't look *that* much like Lily ('cept the eyes). Hmm, maybe the reason Snape hates Harry is Lily, not James. Cool concept. *strolls off thinking*

-HW
smile7499 chapter 1 . 5/19/2002
interesting idea, to have a conversation during a chess match. good depth of the characters.