Reviews for Disdressed Dusty
Louise Hargadon chapter 1 . 12/4/2010
Oh hoooray for Dusty's Trail fiction. And hooray for you corrupting me into Dusty's Trail, you, you... you genius you!

Loved this story. We all know Dusty's special, but only in the same way that Freckles is special - he's not... *special*

Lulu knows he's not special!

Of course, personally, I think it's all the fault of the outwardly prim and proper Betsy, forcing poor old Dusty and subsequently the unsuspecting Andy to drag up for her! The little minx!

I can't believe how well you portray all the characters. Well, I can, obviously, because I've read a lot of your work and it's all amazing, but it's like you're channelling the scriptwriters (like that episode of The Monkees - Dance Monkee Dance - where Micky goes into the writer's room for a new idea for the show... I digress...) with the way you write them. Especially Lulu and Dusty, I can just hear them say every word of dialogue you write for them!

I love the fact your muse has settled on Dusty and the gang for a while - and long may it continue!xx
callensensei chapter 1 . 12/3/2010
Yeehaw again! Brilliant! You know, if you'd written the scripts for "Dusty's Trail," I don't think it would have suffered too many knocks. This is orginal, refeshing, warm-hearted and wonderfully witty with the silly situations coming on fast and furious. The whole dilemma of trying to get across the euphamism "special" was hilarious, as were the names of the "friendly" Indians. Even the punning title is a gem.

But what's impressing me most here is that you don't portray the DT characters as pale copies of the GI characters at all. They're completely different personalities with different dynamics. Dusty is definitely older and more experienced than Gilligan (if what Lulu says is anything to go by) and Lulu is much more pragmatical and earthy than Ginger. Andy is a bit more mischievous than the Professor, Betsy possibly more innocent than Mary Ann, and Mr. Callaghan definitely more sure of himself than the Skipper. (Though that awkward moment with his arm around Dusty did have me howling!) You even make the Brookhavens, who have the unenviable fate of having to compete with Backus and Schaefer's Howells, a charmingly silly couple in their own right.

And so , although I can't wait until you get your hands on the GI dvds, I'm still glad to see these stories here. Thanks for reminding us that Dusty's Trail has a charm all its own.
JWood201 chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Haha, I love Lulu. Good job being able to write a story about being "special" in an older, very innocent sitcom where they normally wouldn't. You write Lulu very well - spunky and her dialect is right on. For some reason I could just hear Andy saying "at ease, Dustina." Not sure why, but that sentence seemed especially spot-on for some reason. Shrug. I'm with Betsy, I don't think I want to know what Dusty meant by some of those comments, haha. I want another cute Dusty/Betsy story. :D Or Lulu just being fabulous. Great job, as always!