Reviews for Nothing Remained But Your Eyes
ChamberlinofMusic chapter 8 . 10/22/2013
Awww, this was so beautiful! I definitely had a few tears in my eyes. Thanks!
Mark-sv chapter 8 . 8/25/2013
This is without a doubt one of the most beautiful stories I ever had the chance to read, perhaps the most beautiful. Thank you.
voz76 chapter 8 . 2/17/2013
What a wonderful rendition that integrated narrative with the fluidity of poetry.
Campbti chapter 8 . 1/17/2011
Words fail me. My tears will have to speak for themselves. breathtaking.
midnightquiver chapter 8 . 1/17/2011
that is such a good ending. it was amazing and i just dont know if i have the right words for it. this was perfectly written.
sanaazzy chapter 8 . 1/16/2011
This is so beautiful! Wonderful plot, I got all teary-eyed one too many times. Such a wonderful read, thank you for sharing!
chloequeen chapter 8 . 1/16/2011
absolutely beautiful..the words were amazign and wow..if smallville does something as beautiful as this for chloe's storyline with oliver, then i will def. have tears in my eyes...this story was abouta beautiful love taht i would be only so lucky to have...absolutely beautiful..u should write another story like this...heartfelt story..i give it the highest rating I can...best fanfiction I have ever written. GREEAT JOB!
midnightquiver chapter 7 . 1/12/2011
good chapter...it makes things evenmore intense but i was wondering...is deadshot the oe who shot her? if not that's all good i was just wondering. i loved the chapter so i really look forward to the next one.
brainchild chapter 2 . 1/11/2011
[QUOTE]It should have been explosive.

She had abandoned him, and she had taken the choice out of his hands when she went and erased herself from the world. But the day of the reckoning came and she had walked back into her life like she had no care in the world.

Instead of the pent up fury he had nursed for the weeks since he had accepted that she had left on her own, that night when Oliver saw her, he was frozen where he stood[/QUOTE]

I love the language of this opening. The way that you show how the world felt wrong to him, how nothing went according to plan. It set a great tone. And their the possessive nouns that he has to change ('theirs' to 'his', singular). So sad. So telling.

Instead of being explosive, it was so much better:

[QUOTE]When she answered, her voice—now only familiar from recollections he gathered and squirreled away in a tiny corner of his mind—sent a lick of flame in the bottom of his spine, drew cold diagrams on the skin of his neck. It was half of a sob, half of a confession. "No matter how it seemed, you have to know that it wasn't ever by choice."[/QUOTE]

I want to know everything.

(side note: I love that this second chapter was rooted in the reality that we know; giving us a place to stand after the confusing first chapter)

[QUOTE]"I missed your touch," he told her.

And it was undoubtedly the biggest understatement in the world, because there were nights when he wondered if there was technology in the world powerful enough to sear off memories so he could live his life again.[/QUOTE]

So sad. So much longing.

[QUOTE]"I stayed awake at night dreaming of this," she confessed.

He whispered into her ear, "I never forgot."[/QUOTE]

Great opening.

And I love the twist you gave, that she really couldn't come back. That despite it being the best night of her life, too, it was selish. It was wrong.

[quote]"We were living on borrowed time, Ollie. Ever since the exchange, ever since they took you, it was either you or me."

"Then it should be me!"[/quote]

so, so sad.

Wow. Just the entire exchange about fate and heroes was beautiful. About hating the word fate when Clark used it, about the unspoken fear he had of what Chloe had seen.

[QUOTE]"And you're still my hero."

He hated that word too. He liked it up until now. Right now when she used it he could feel how utterly inferior he was to what a hero was supposed to be.[/QUOTE]

He's there, unwilling to watch her go, and she's there to say goodbye. To give him some peace in the world. And you explained the arrow image from the last chapter. Nice.

And then you effortlessly flowed into the future, bringing Zantana back, showing us the mansion, giving us time to recover. Well played. Can't wait to read more!
brainchild chapter 1 . 1/11/2011
This is so intriguing! I love that you're just giving us pieces, hints-nightmares and half-finished conversations, a whisper about a debt owed and respect earned. You trust your readers to catch up, and it's really refreshing. I love the quick way your shown the way the world was different-Clark thinking that she had chosen Lex was just a sentence long, but that way enough. The implications were inherent. Excited to keep reading.
queenofhearts chapter 7 . 1/11/2011
can't wait for the epilogue...write about how they suddently woke up together in the same hospital room or something and just knew that they knew each other event hough they didn't no how..and maybe write about their lives, their kids, the kids that he loved so much more cuz they were hers...i don't know make it sappy lol because your words are really powerful...please update really soon! thanks.
oliver'squeen chapter 6 . 1/11/2011
update please? this is such a good story..probably the best i've read so far...its not fluff but an actual good story...please update...thanks! and keep it up
redqueen11 chapter 6 . 1/6/2011
please update! its really goood
midnightquiver chapter 6 . 12/27/2010
i'm reallyglad you updated. i just wonder if lex will get in the way of their second chance. because i know he likes to get in the way of things and if he gets it his way he'll probably kill oliver. so update soon cause i wanna know what happens next haha. loving this story
arainymonday chapter 5 . 12/27/2010
I haven't said yet how much I love these poems you include at the beginning of the chapters. I'll have to find some more by this poet because they are really beautiful lines. They tie in very nicely to the chapters as well.