Reviews for Embrace The Waking Light
Will you continue this story? I have been so addicted to reading it. PLEASE
Gwinyu chapter 50 . 5/28/2014
I'm really enjoying this story, and I hope to see new chapters soon D

So far I like how you develop the plot, and am I wrong in thinking a certain "evil" long lost daughter of Gabrielle is back? P
And if she's back, I'd think her father is too...

Also, I'm all with you in let Gabrielle shine, as you did in all the previous stories of this series, but I find your Xena to be a bit too much "passive" than the Xena of the TV show. She seems lacking of some of her awesomeness to me /
I totally agree that Xena and Gabrielle are equals, seeing their past, but I often found myself thinking Gabrielle is the real star of the stories and not both of them.

Anyway, can't wait to see how the story will continue :)
Julie chapter 50 . 10/15/2013
Love your story! Geat writing! Can't wait for the next chapter!
luckdog chapter 50 . 9/28/2013
I wonder if Xena could touch Gabrielle's portal because their souls are intertwined, thereby being one soul? I think Xena should let her imagination for what she wants with Gabrielle be her focus and the love that she feels for her because then her imagination will flourish ;0) But I must admit it's good to see Gabrielle being better at something then Xena ;0) lol Oh and I love the touches Gabrielle put on her portal :0)

Silver you have a wonderful imagination and I love all the details :0)
Guest chapter 50 . 9/23/2013
Great lesson in perception. To demonstrate Gabrielle's awareness of self and Xena's difficulty with her lack of perception of self. Imagination is an expression of self. Absolutely love this story.
Stardawn19 chapter 50 . 9/22/2013
Very cool use of 'imagination.' I love how it comes so easily to Gabrielle, but Xena is struggling. Doesn't she realize how creative she is? Just because she doesn't write or tell stories.. she also never repeats the same plan. Xena is every bit as creative if not more so then Gabrielle. I really enjoyed this chapter and I'm curious to where the portals lead.
luckdog chapter 49 . 9/5/2013
I hope Lila does stop trying to force Gabrielle to tell her everything that happened or is happening in her life! Although with Gabrielle being pregnant to Xena you think she would be over the moon and want to her sister but she is treating her pregnancy like it is some dirty little secret and if I was Xena that would piss me off! Oh and in a way I hope Ares does prove everyone wrong and does some more good things. And I wonder how long Arora is going to remain hidden?
Stardawn19 chapter 49 . 9/5/2013
So Xena and Gabrielle have skills that the others don't... well that's a surprise.. ha ha. Seriously though, I'm curious about this dream walking and would like to see how all that works. I like to dabble in the dreamworld myself occasionally, so this is a particular interest to me.

I also like that Lila and Gabrielle are coming to a head. Perfect sisterly relationship.. they fight and worry about each other, but are still highly protective. I can see why Lila is frustrated and worried about Gabrielle. It must be hard to feel pushed away from someone you were once so close. We have to remember that in your universe Gabrielle is 'older' then Lila thinks she is, and so the rift between them is all the greater.

Finally you have the bit w/ Ares and Arora. He wronged her and it might still come back to bite him in the butt. I only hope that Ares gets a point a prove himself before it's too late.
Stardawn19 chapter 48 . 8/21/2013
I really like Ares reasoning here... "Because I have recently learnt that I have no honour and I wish to change that."... very nice quote. .. but then he goes on to say.. "Oh please Xena and Gabrielle do this all the time, it's what their good at!" Now that made me laugh. How much has he really changes. I guess two steps forward and one step back?

I also liked the bit with Lila worrying about her sisters condition. Won't she be surprised when she finds out what that condition is.. lol.
Stardawn19 chapter 47 . 8/21/2013
So we find out that Ares has been rather naughty... as usual, his own selfish action end up getting him in trouble, and then he pulls Xena and Gabrielle and company along for the ride. I'm sure Xena and Gabrielle will give him a piece of their minds later, but at least the deal he struck is sound. It shows he's serious at least, and so I have to give him kudos for that.

The last bit with Arora though interests me. It makes me wonder what her connection is and exactly how that's going to relate with Mexica.
luckdog chapter 48 . 8/17/2013
Yes Ares should have asked, but I believe he was right about Heracles and Iolaus not being the ones to fix it because they aren't dreamers, Gabrielle and Xena are. And Ares has to be patient with Gabrielle, with what he had done to her in the past would make her suspicious of what he is up to! Although her and Xena should be a bit grateful that he stopped Gabrielle from killing herself and her and Xena's unborn child! Interesting dream guide a Tasmanian Tiger Werewolf I wonder how Gabrielle and Xena will react to Koorong lol

Yes I know I called Hercules, Heracles, but in Greek mythology that is what he should have been call, bad form on the shows part using is Roman name whilst setting it in Greek time. Same as them calling Eros, Cupid!
Stardawn19 chapter 46 . 8/1/2013
So glad that the two groups have merged and now we find out a little more about what is going on. I think what I liked here most was that dispite his mortality ares still tried to defend Aphrodite I thi k that was a telling moment not only about how ares always had a soft spot for dite but he how he's changed as well.
luckdog chapter 47 . 7/28/2013
Ares is really trying to redeem himself and make up for his past mistakes. I hope he does get to save Ouroboros. I wonder if Gabrielle is going to see Ngalyod in a different light then in the same light she views Quetzalcoatl? Oh and Ngalyod is virtually blind and deaf in his own land so no real help! As for Arora I wonder if she is Akemi? If she is, Gabrielle will not be pleased and neither will Xena. I can see Gabrielle thinking that Akemi will want to take possession of her and Xena's unborn child's body.
Stardawn19 chapter 45 . 7/14/2013
I liked the banter between the creatures (not sure what else to call them.. lol) in the beginning, and how they are interested in Gabrielle's child and can see that Xena is the father. It's also interesting that Xena and Gabrielle have both traveled to this land in their dreams before. I wonder if that also has something to do with the pregnancy. They say that pregnant women sometimes become more sensitive to things... just my own musings, but I like where the story is going :).
luckdog chapter 46 . 7/12/2013
So it looks like Gabrielle, Xena and Aphrodite will have to enter the dreamtime and rescue Ouroboros so Ngalyod then can fight the ugly bastard demon and win back the dreamtime and return the waking seers. Oh and I can see Ares copping some more humiliating times again with other powerful god using him as a punching bag, I do feel sorry for him because she was only trying to help out Aphrodite. And I'm glad Aphrodite stuck up for Gabrielle by telling Lila that Gabrielle wasn't trying to hide things from her.