Reviews for Winter Comes Too Soon
DramaticField chapter 1 . 11/30/2012
This is written beautifully! It's so hard to find a well-written Rosalie and Emmett piece that's really understanding of Rosalie and you did a fantastic job! (:
ChelzeyFoot chapter 1 . 6/14/2012
Wow. This is so eloquently written and you incorporate Rosalie and Emmett's emotions perfectly. I'm at a loss for words. Amazing!
wistful-amibitions chapter 1 . 7/7/2011
Wow, this is amazing. I literally have no words to describe how well written this is. Thank you for making it.
30 Days of Emmett chapter 1 . 12/19/2010
oh Chris - this was so absolutely gorgeous - I loved it so much. It just...no words. Love love love.
dugan2010 chapter 1 . 12/8/2010
:') I literally almost cried when I read this! This is very good! This is extremely well crafted. So many fan-fics are generally not descriptive, but this was, and that is why I loved it!

I know it's probably not 'politically correct' to ask this, but could you please read my fan-fic on here? It's called Eternal Sunset. Thank you!
dellaterra chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Oh, this is so well crafted, and so heartbreaking! You have created layers of time and color, sorrow and vulnerability - captured in that unfinished season, that smile, that last second before it all drains away. Again. Thank you for sharing this.
Here's Where the Story Ends chapter 1 . 12/2/2010
Oh, how lovely this was. I'm getting ready for work and I'm just sort of awed and speechless. Completely beautiful and heartbreaking.

It is a testament to the writing that even though this is his PoV, I feel HER emotions as much as I do his. Her sense of longing is tangible.

I loved the symbolism of her arms being so full, and then the clerk taking the things from her when she asks if it's her first, leaving her arms empty, both physically and emotionally.

Beautiful job. Thank you for this.
TheHeartOfLife chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Well, I'm not even sure where to start. I read this beautiful story this morning in bed and then again on the bus, and then a third time when I got home. You've painted such a lovely, bittersweet and heartbreaking picture here. I always love seeing Rosalie through Emmett's eyes, but the way he sees her here? It's just breathtaking. I can feel his heart breaking right along with hers, and I think that's such a huge part of being in love and in a relationship. You take on your partner's pain. You feel it just as tangibly as they do. I can feel how much he wants to take it away for her, to shoulder that burden. There's something so, so lovely in his sadness for her, in the way he aches for wanting what she wants, and knowing he can't give it to her.

Rosalie is gorgeous here - sad because of what she can't have but also strong because of what she DOES have. I see that when she holds onto him after she leaves the store, the way she lingers, like he's tangible to her even in all of that sadness. He's her rock in so many ways and you show that so perfectly in that moment.

This part really got me (aka I may have cried. Okay, I did cry):

"I'm guessing this is your first?"

I have only a second left and I take every bit of her in that I can, I don't trust my photographic mind to remember this: the lightness, the vibrating, the smile that's free, and the dance in her eyes. I'm holding my breath, as if I can somehow prevent it all from fading, but then it's gone. I see it drain away from her, like the way a catch slowly slips into death.

And also this:

She sighs. "I wanted to show her the leaves turning."

I kiss her once more on her forehead, just as the crossing turns to green.

"Maybe next year," I say.

Gah, I'm tearing up again. That last line, those three words. They hold so much meaning. I love when authors can convey so much emotion with a simple sentence. You do it absolutely masterfully here and I can't say enough how much I love this. It's such a testament to the depth and complexity of Emmett and Rosalie as individuals and also as a couple. My heart aches for them, but I don't know, there's also this undercurrent of hope that I can't help but feel, because even though that dream will never be a possibility for her (and by proxy, for them), they have one another.

Thank you so much for writing. This was just gorgeous.
WhatsMyNomDePlume chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
oh my. this was just heartbreaking and lovely. thank you.
Manoella Nascimento chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Very, very bittersweet. I liked it to hear what Emmett felt about Rosalie wish for a child.