Reviews for Portrait of a Man
JEN chapter 7 . 2/24/2014
DeltaMaria chapter 7 . 3/4/2011
i That was amazing! Really i rarely enjoy reading fan fics but this was fantastic. Great job:)
FirstYear chapter 7 . 12/16/2010
Good chapter...I liked the somewhat slower pace. The line about him slowing down...several times made me smile. I could just see a young kid running and stopping only to start up running again.
FirstYear chapter 6 . 12/16/2010
again..nicely done and fits into cannon with him already knowing magic when he got to Hogwarts. The awe of receiving his first wand was well done indeed.
FirstYear chapter 5 . 12/16/2010
I liked how uncomfortable he was. Exactly like a kid from a poor abusive family would feel...not good enough to be there. And the portrayal of Lily's mum...nicely done.
FirstYear chapter 4 . 12/16/2010
This chapter had a little ring of truth to it in the fact that Lily hears the fight going on in the house and can accept it as something that happens, knows that he is embarrassed by it and just goes along.

The last chapter and this seem a tad rushed...would rather see longer chapters then that. But overall it is good.
FirstYear chapter 2 . 12/16/2010
I liked the part about finding the shirt. Not only does it very nicely explain how he was described in cannon, but playing dress up is such a kid thing to do and works perfectly here. Your description of him putting it on and walking around, thinking it would give him power is so childlike ...perfect.
FirstYear chapter 1 . 12/16/2010
Powerful look at domestic abuse. I like the line about him being clumsy in his early years. Too often i see a young Snape portrayed with an adults attributes, not those of a child. Reading further...
Sun-chan1 chapter 7 . 12/2/2010
This is a great story so far. I really love your imaginings of Snap and his friendship with Lily. I also like that his mother treats him well. With Tobias Snape for a father, he needs a good mother. I look forward to the next chapter, whenever you post it.
XxblondehermionexX chapter 7 . 12/2/2010
Great story so far. I love you characterization of Snape and hope you continue this story.
Afton chapter 1 . 12/1/2010
Wow, this is really good. You do an amazing job making me hate Snape's dad.

For further writing, you may be interested in this site:

www . sapientimagic . com (without the spaces)

It's a role playing site based on the Harry Potter world.

Either way, good luck with your writing and I look forward to reading more.

Afton Stokes, SUM student