Reviews for Will & Viola
ruskigurl10 chapter 3 . 5/20/2009
**falls over from shock and awe**

Shakespeare in Love is one of my favorite movies because of the relationship behind the scenes of the writing of Romeo & Juliet. Will's love for Violet is as all encompassing as his heroes is for the heroine and you were able to portray all the emotions here so well...

First the giddiness of first love, I can picture that scene as they dance in the ballroom, the heartbreak of finding out that perhaps your love is gone from you forever and then that final farewell was just a climactic crescendo.

Yet, for the sadness of the fact that they must say goodbye the memories are bittersweet and there is still a feeling of closure. Viola must do her duty (what a bitter pill to swallow!) and yet she has found her hearts desire in true love (despite the odds) and Will has found his Muse, has realized the beauty of writing from the soul and has grown as a writer (if you think back to the plot of the movie). Finally the last line "And I will write you well..." is so fitting because he does dedicate the next piece to her memory.
PurpleIvy chapter 3 . 7/22/2008
Beautiful. I absolutely loved it. You captured their emotions perfectly. I loved this movie and often thought about what they would be thinking as they were being forced apart and this filled it in. You have a gift.
Huntress of the stars chapter 3 . 5/21/2005
Bravo. You wrote them well.

I'm a bit of a Shakespeare freak myself - adored the movie. It touched me, just like your fic. Thanks.
Alexis Erika Rose chapter 3 . 4/4/2005
I love you story. It written so beautifully and eliquently. Shakessphere himself would enjoy this story, I'm sure. Your similies and metaphors were so beautiful. It made me want to cry all over again. I love Sakessphere in Love. You should read my Harry Potter Story "Ladies of The Scarlet Pheonix" Angst, Drama, Romance... I would appreciate your comments. ;)
Kamineko chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Your style is quite elaborate but the angst and the emotions are simply continuing the ones of the original story without adding any new point of view on the characters. You detail their love but add nothing new to their image. You might want to try and use the twist of phrases that you skillfuly master to express something new and original. Shakespearean angst, in a modern reinterpretation, is more than intriguing but you might want to go deeper than a beautiful play of words...
Leana chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
It's very beautiful. I just watched the movie last night, and it made me feel so lonely. Keep writing!
Lost Pretender chapter 3 . 6/24/2004
I must bow to you at this magnificent, beautiful, soul shaking work. Shakespear In Love was the movie that got me into reading shakespear and it made me fall in love with it. It's pretty weird for a 15 year-old girl to love something as deep as shakespear but it just overwhelmed with the characters and how we got to watch a part of their lives without ever meeting them. It's an amazing feeling. So again I say thank you for capturing the true heart and soul of Will and Viola. I just started writing my own scripts and I hope someday I can tell a tale as good as this movie and I hope I will be able to write and beautiful as you do.

A fellow writer

-Monte Cristo-
anon chapter 2 . 5/9/2004
Technically, Christopher Marlowe doesn't belong to the creators of the movie either. ;op
Mary chapter 3 . 2/23/2004
I love this story. It is such a bitter/sweet story and you write so well. I wish I could write like you. Many people can't write nearly as good as you and go out of character, but I didn't see any of that! Great Job.
Shadow on the Wall too lazy to sign in chapter 3 . 9/18/2003
so good
Elliefish chapter 3 . 7/16/2003
Oh, you wonderful wonderful person! I absolutely love your story of Will & Viola! Every time I watch that movie it makes me cry, I think it is my favourite film too. By the end of the story I had tears dripping down my face because I know what happens in the end. Your writing is brilliant, it is beautiful. Thankyou for it.

Love, Light & Peace;

The 1 & Only Elliefish x
Meghen chapter 3 . 6/6/2003
In one word - Beautiful. You are very eliquent. Thank you for making my day!
Brittany chapter 3 . 1/24/2003
*tearful sigh* Wow. I can tell you read a lot of Shakespeare. Those we read tend to come out in what we write. And it is a wonderful thing.

Most people who expand thoughts tend to rush through them and forget to put the charecters thoughts on the page instead of thier own. You captured the charecters perfectly. Also, unlike a lot of people, I prefer discriptive paragraphs to dialogues so this was a gem for me.

I love your similes, metaphors and all the other things, the names for which escape me.

Thank you for this wonderful fic.

Oh, and there is actually no such word as "unoble" (ch. 2). The proper word is "ignoble". Then again, Willy made up his own words and look where that got him!
Shadowed Lioness chapter 3 . 1/7/2003
This is, to put it simply, amazing. I have not read something that touches me this deeply for a long while. Once I have time to put something up here, I hope that you will review it - I'd be greatly honored if you did. This is undescribable.
blacknotebook chapter 3 . 9/9/2002
This is really good. I have about five million things to say now. Numero uno, I read your profile and its really weird, cause Im a shakespeare freak too, as well as a Bridget Jones, Aragorn(who is most definetly cuter than Legolas), and Shakespeare in love was a great movie. And your fic was awesome too. Anyway, keep writing, and I'll keep reading