Reviews for How the Darkness Sounds
The cooter chapter 1 . 8/22
Wow! I think it will start with that! This is such a great story! I mean this could be in the show itself! Trey and Matt could air this as the last 2 seasons of South Park if they got board of it or whatever! You some how managed to keep everyone in character! This is one of those stories that i wish fanfiction was. No all this gay( literally) stuff! I also like the length. It took place over like 4 years! I also like how you researched all this cancer stuff. This is also just really well written! The multiple p.o.v's where nice as well as it shows the different reponces and what they think and do. I think i will close again with wow!
I can't even look at Stan the same way anymore! My God, that ending! The whole time I wanted him to die because I thought it would be beautifully emotional, but I really regret it now! It was so emotional! Damn, this was amazing!
Dude. This was the best FanFiction I have ever read! The feels!
Anonymous chapter 26 . 5/4
This is so sad and I found myself skipping to the end just to see what happened... Now I wish I didnt.

But this was a great story and very sweet and sad
Dark Noel chapter 26 . 12/29/2014
I can't believe it's over.

It's one of those things were you are so captivated and interested in something the first time you read/see it, then when it ends, you feel like a sort of sadness you can never experience it the most powerful way the first time.

Since you had such a great story, allow me to give you a final review.

From the very first chapter everyone obviously would be wondering whether or not Stan was going to live. I myself had a feeling he wouldn't make it, but all the hints of hope and Stan's determination to live kept me silently cheering him on. Towards the fourth of July celebration I had a bad feeling the worst would happen, it sadly enough, it proved to be true. I expected it, but that didn't stop me from crying. I can honestly say you've pulled at my heartstrings reading this story. I was actually considering doing some volunteer work at a children's hospital a few years back, just didn't have the time to go. Cancer is such a nasty disease and can take away anyone, no matter how much we love them. It's a sad fact, but the fact Stan died I felt was very realistic, even if it was difficult.

I honestly raised my eyebrows when I saw Sharon had her own POV chapters, I never really saw a whole lot of Sharon in SP, I viewed her mostly just as 'Stan's mom.' But I think the way you described her thoughts was probably very close to accurate, she seems like one of the few normal ones on the show.

The bit with Kenny killing himself to see Stan was incredibly sad. When Kenny said he thought he saw Stan, I instantly teared up. It's sad to think that in this fiction, Stan can no longer smile, run around, laugh with his friends again...but I am grateful though, that you ended his life on a happy note (for him, I mean).

The ending itself I would say is bittersweet, but you made a HUGE impact on me, and I'm sure others feel the same way.

I'm so glad I chose to read this over my winter break, it gives me motivation to work on my own fiction, you're writing style was SO GOOD!

I hope you continue writing. Thank you very much for your dedication to delivering such an awesome, POWERFUL story! Good luck in your future projects and I hope you continue to do well!

-Noel
Dark Noel chapter 19 . 12/27/2014
I can't believe I've read so much of your FanFiction over my break! Wow, 7 chapters left, I'm so excited, yet really nervous for the end. I could see it ending in a few different ways, I guess I'll see if my idea was correct.
Dark Noel chapter 12 . 12/24/2014
Aww, you are just making me love Stan more and more :)/:( I'm not sure which emoticon to use for that . I really enjoyed this chapter, almost half-way done, can't believe I'm so entertained, it's been a good while since I've read something as sincere as this story. I really like it!
Dark Noel chapter 9 . 12/22/2014
OK you're story is really hitting me in the feels. I just find it so adorable, yet sad in a way, that Stan has such a huge affection for animals. You really capture the story from a kids point of view. It's interesting, because the narrative makes me wonder how I would have felt as a kid if something like this happened to me (probably the same way Stan is feeling about things). I also love the fact your FanFic is a good way to promote cancer awareness. I respect you very much as an author, you have earned my respect :)
Dark Noel chapter 5 . 12/21/2014
I am absolutely enthralled in your fiction. This is actually the first sad FanFic I've read (I write a sad one, but this)..Just the way you present the setting and the characters, it really motivates me to finish your story until the end. I'm really glad you decided to write this. I don't know how the story is going to end but I can almost bet I'll be crying. I'm very excited to keep reading and would like to say I think you are an absolutely phenominal author. You are motivating me to work on my own fic even though I'm on break from university, but I think I'll read this for my break. Have a great Christmas and you can certainly expect reviews from me!
Dark Noel chapter 1 . 11/23/2014
I saw your story's summary and was captivated by the premise of the story. Your first chapter was very emotional, I got major feels since Stan is my favorite character on the show. You describe the situations in a very realistic and descriptive way and it really helps me visualize your story. I'm looking forward to finishing your story...even if the ending ends up being sad, I already want to see this story through to the end.

Great writing!

-Noel
Guest chapter 10 . 8/10/2014
I found it interesting that Stan has Anemia. Mostly because, I have minor Anemia that runs through the Italian blood line...
The-Pasta-Reaper chapter 1 . 7/29/2014
I was tearing up at the possible leukemia part, but after Shelley agreed to Finding Nemo I finally cried. DX
The QAS chapter 25 . 1/13/2014
Wow. Wow, I'm actually crying. I lost my dog to cancer last summer. The day before she died, I held her paw in my hand and told her over and over again that I loved her.

A sweet story, albeit quite depressing. Perhaps it was a bit soon for me to read this, but at the same time it allowed to me to relate to and really enjoy the story in a different light. I think you captured the characters very well and I loved how Cartman got Stan's cat at the end. Well done.
Woop123 chapter 26 . 12/1/2013
OMG I'm crying
Epicpenguin13 chapter 1 . 11/25/2013
Oh my God. That was so emotional, and professional!