Reviews for The Ember Island Portraits
Gainon chapter 1 . 6/10
Awwww that was very touching (and funny)! I love love love your take on Zuko and Katara's chemistry.
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 4/4
Loved it:)
HAHA aww!
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/27
This is absolutely adorable and hilarious at the same time. I love Zuko and Katara's relationship, and it's perfect when a good author portrays it without romance.
Shutterfly Simmons chapter 1 . 2/16
Zuko would throw that off the cliff. That last part was hilarious and completely through me off. Great story!
Thomson chapter 1 . 2/12
Very nice story! I really like your characterizations!
QuirkDemon chapter 1 . 1/15
Nice, I like it:)
DarkSecretWaterbender chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
This is so sweet and funny! It's very in-character for everyone, and it shows realistically how even after Katara forgives Zuko, it probably took a while for them to become as close as they eventually did.

That last picture... I think Katara just found some blackmail for Zuko. ;)
iB3LIEVE chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Cough. 200th fav. Feelin special lol
pinkypiejr12 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
Katara: Zuko doesn't like reminders of his awful childhood you should stop it!

Btw this was hilarious
Moonlight Keeper chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
OH HOW I LOVE STORIES THAT TORMENT ZUKO

But really, well written, and it was very funny too. I also agree, I would prefer a platonic relationship with these two over Zutara any day. I don't hate it per say, I just feel as if it makes much more sense, and suits their personalities more, because honestly, for all I'm worth, I can't ever imagine the two working the relationship out, and if they do get together, I would imagine it to be a very stressful one. No offense to any Zutara shippers out there reading this. I myself do have a lot of non-canon ships.

Also, I like Maiko. It serves justice to Mai's character, you know?
U.O. Zyzpm chapter 1 . 9/3/2014
That was hilarious and angsty in all the right ways and totally deserves to be canon. I thought the way Zuko so offhandedly revealed how he got his scar was a very original way of doing it that I could have seen, again, being canon. The end was the right amount of humor to match the angstiness I could so see happening in the show. I swear, this should have been a short in something like that episode "The Tales of Ba Sing Se" but for Season 3. The only thing is that this is so much like an episode, at some point I would have wanted each of these moments in Zuko's life to be expanded upon in a little more angstier, yet in-character moments. That could easily be arranged with more stories, so in conclusion, please write, write, and write more!
The Almighty Pickle Lord XD chapter 1 . 7/10/2014
THAT LINE

"My dad is a psychopath who likes to set kids on fire."

What time is it? FANART TIME!
The Amazing Mumbo chapter 1 . 3/16/2014
Man, Katara doesn't know when to stop does she?
blinkenlights n spitzensparks chapter 1 . 12/2/2013
Although I completely adore Zutara, I totally agree that they have great chemistry even just as completely platonic friends in the show, and that annoyed!Zuko is one of the best and funnest things ever ;)

I loved all of Zuko's hilarious reactions throughout this, but I felt like I had to comment on one moment in particular because I have too many thoughts asdfhakhsdf - the story behind his scar. I just felt his overall attitude about revealing the story was too ...casual and cavalier aren't really the right words, but I can't think of anything better at the moment. My personal headcanon is that he would be extremely reluctant to ever willingly part with that story (far more reluctant than he is here), especially with this group that he's been friends with for only a short while. In addition, I think part of his reluctance would stem from wanting to completely avoid the possibility of inviting any pity (especially re: his scar, I feel like Zuko would interpret genuine compassion and sympathy from the others, as pity). And I think it would be years of growing up and maturing and learning to control his emotions before he could talk about his father burning him, in such an emotionless manner, you know? Well, that's my own interpretation of his character, anyways.

And finally, I especially loved the ending - that's a hilarious mental image that will stay with me for a while XD Good job, and thanks for the enjoyable read!