Reviews for The Ember Island Portraits
The Book Keeper a.k.a. Eltanin chapter 1 . 5/19
I think I'm opposite you. Well, not completely. Mostly I don't care about the pairings, really. They're enjoyable, gives some drama and humor to all of the seriousness there is at times, but as an actual important thing? No, not really. But platonic relationships like these, love them, I absolutely adore them. And this here, it's just so perfect. And no, it is not because I am a Zutara fan - I think I wouldn't categorise myself as 'Zutarian', it kind of gives me the willies - I enjoy the pairing (but then again, I enjoy a lot of pairings, Maiko included (I'm actually on defence on which I like most, Zutara or Maiko (in the end I choose Sukka x'D))), but I enjoy the friendship between the lot of them much more so.

PS: Love your work, it's amazing. Especially 'Three Years At Sea', lovely piece of literature.
Led Feynman M.D. D.D.S. Ph.D chapter 1 . 3/23
It's a shame you said you didn't like Zutara as a pairing, but I agree with you that they definitely had great chemistry. I didn't know I needed this until I read it!
Lol this made me chuckle XD
CaraLee934 chapter 1 . 2/5
*dies laughing*
Lovely mix of feels and humor. My favorite is probably baby Mai & baby Zuko being adorable, but all of them are great.
Gainon chapter 1 . 6/10/2015
Awwww that was very touching (and funny)! I love love love your take on Zuko and Katara's chemistry.
InsanityIsClarity chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
Loved it:)
Guest chapter 1 . 4/4/2015
HAHA aww!
BlatantBookworm chapter 1 . 3/27/2015
This is absolutely adorable and hilarious at the same time. I love Zuko and Katara's relationship, and it's perfect when a good author portrays it without romance.
Shutterfly Simmons chapter 1 . 2/16/2015
Zuko would throw that off the cliff. That last part was hilarious and completely through me off. Great story!
Thomson chapter 1 . 2/12/2015
Very nice story! I really like your characterizations!
QuirkDemon chapter 1 . 1/15/2015
Nice, I like it:)
DarkSecretWaterbender chapter 1 . 12/23/2014
This is so sweet and funny! It's very in-character for everyone, and it shows realistically how even after Katara forgives Zuko, it probably took a while for them to become as close as they eventually did.

That last picture... I think Katara just found some blackmail for Zuko. ;)
iB3LIEVE chapter 1 . 12/1/2014
Cough. 200th fav. Feelin special lol
pinkypiejr12 chapter 1 . 11/22/2014
Katara: Zuko doesn't like reminders of his awful childhood you should stop it!

Btw this was hilarious
Moonlight Keeper chapter 1 . 10/25/2014
OH HOW I LOVE STORIES THAT TORMENT ZUKO

But really, well written, and it was very funny too. I also agree, I would prefer a platonic relationship with these two over Zutara any day. I don't hate it per say, I just feel as if it makes much more sense, and suits their personalities more, because honestly, for all I'm worth, I can't ever imagine the two working the relationship out, and if they do get together, I would imagine it to be a very stressful one. No offense to any Zutara shippers out there reading this. I myself do have a lot of non-canon ships.

Also, I like Maiko. It serves justice to Mai's character, you know?