Reviews for Zen Blend
JWG chapter 1 . 6/15/2008
Reading from the end of the list: Interesting, and open for continuation? Hm. I'll give it some thought, but not a lot.
Rose1948 chapter 1 . 5/30/2007
This was a FUN read!
Babs Yerunkle chapter 1 . 8/3/2006
Just re-reading it.

Your stuff is really fun to come back to. You made a complaint at the start of this piece about people who get too serious and treat fanfic as if it has to be "great literature." This plainly isn't great literature, but like all your stuff, it's darned fun.

As always, your style is light and fast and fun - very readable, with characters that are familiar, but with their own unique twists. The characters grab your sympathy and attention fast, and the plots are fun and exciting and unexpected. I have enjoyed your works immensely, and hope that someday you return to writing fanfic. Or, if you turn to other writing, let us know where to buy it!
Upgrade chapter 1 . 9/7/2004
Hm...Well written, certainly. I can't say I liked the story, but it is well done and others might enjoy it. For me, it was a little too different.
Kinai chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
I like this story. It is one of the more originalls that i read.

Tell me if you continue it.

Kinai.
Kinai chapter 1 . 5/11/2003
I like this story. It is one of the more originalls that i read.

Tell me if you continue it.

Kinai.
dogbertcarroll chapter 1 . 4/13/2003
This was a very different story. I like it.
Tangent chapter 1 . 1/25/2002
As loath as I am to review reviews, I feel that I must provide a counter to Jonathan Howard's stipulation of how easily the cannon version of Ranma would defeat Akane:

Point one: The version of Ranma in Zen Blend is not noticably different than the Ranma in the original series (either manga or anime). Akane's assumptions may or may not be correct, but Ranma did *not* begin the series with the mind bogglingly powerful techniques that gave him the ability to survive and win against the likes of Herb and Saffron later in the series. So having a Ranma from *that* part of the series argue the point that Ranma can take out *this* Akane from this early in the series is kind of pointless as far as comparitive purposes are conserned.

Sure, Ranma most likely still has a learning curve that will blow Akane's assumption that it will take at least a year before Ranma could even consider challenging her again out of the water. This *is* the same boy who can learn a martial arts technique well enough, even with incomplete or even almost non-existant instructions, that he can make modifications from it or even whole new techniques.

Heck, if Ranma still learns the Umi Sen Ken school from the sparse instructions that Genma is wiling to give him so tha he may face Ryu Kumon, Akane may very well be shocked. That *Genma*, of all people, invented an art that erases one's presence in a manner similar to the Zen concept of nothingness will be a tremendous blow to her her faith. It would be interesting to see if she weathers that particular storm with her faith intact, or if she aquires the sort of self-doubt that will keep her from her goal of harmony with the universe for years and decades to come...

Point two: That the Ranma from the end of the series would feel compelled to knock a spiritually inclined Akane in another world down a peg or ten is completely without basis. *This* Akane is as capable of reading auras as he is, if not more so, so she would *know* that she couldn't take him down. No challenge equals no fight, as Ranma does not attack people without reason.

Granted, I do see this Akane pointing out all of the errors that Genma made as a parent to the otherdimensional Ranma. He's far enough along by that point, in both maturity and spirituality, that she has a reasonably good chance to convince him to find a better and more moral sensei than Genma, or even Cologne (contrary to some opinions, Ranma really isn't Happosai's student - Happosai never succeeded in breaking him in to the point where he served the old man out of fear like Soun and Genma did. The one time Ranma *did* go along with Happosai on a training mission was with his father, and the end result of that was Ukyo acquiring Konatsu - a *male* kunoichi with skills that put him *on par* with Ranma).

Point three: *This* Akane is being trained as a *Devil Hunter*, with the skills and spiritual powers that would be required for her to even survive such an occupation. On top of that, she's been undergoing such training for almost as long as Ranma has been undergoing his. Genma started on Ranma when he was an infant, while Akane started at about the same time as when Genma took Ranma away from Nodoka's influence. Not really all that big a difference at that age, especially when you consider that Genma has done several things that actually *set back* Ranma's early training (the man may be a Master level Martial Artist, but he is an idiot as far as anything else is conserned - and morally bankrupt to boot). Thus it isn't hard at all to see the Akane of *this* story to be superior in skill at this point to a Ranma who has just arrived at the Tendo Dojo for the first time.

Conclusion: *This* Akane can defeat a cannon Ranma from *this* point in the story. On the other hand, she will have to work hard to be able to still do so after a couple of months, let alone the year that she gave him. Who here doesn't think that *this* Akane doesn't have what it takes to work herself that hard? Any hands?

_

Tangent
Yak chapter 1 . 1/6/2002
Great story. It took a little while to get my head around the idea of an 'awesome martial artist' Akane, but it seems to work. Akane is just very passionate about being dis-passionate (still striving to be the Best). How about writing an extra chapter? Thx for the fresh look at Ranmaverse. _
John Dunkelburg chapter 1 . 9/22/2001
Please consider making this a continuing series. I rather enjoy it.
Dan Inverse chapter 1 . 9/9/2001
what 7 review those people sure is blind by the way good story keep on writing
Danyella Skyler Silverfire chapter 1 . 7/3/2001
love it. can't wait for more.
IMJack chapter 1 . 6/15/2001
/me stares. Head explodes. The end.
Saturnknight chapter 1 . 5/25/2001
What were you thinking? I can understand the kasumi talking to dead people thing. the akane bit was a little out of hand for a couple of reasons. 1. where would she get all the training from. 2. Ranma is more likely to be taken under a god's wing then akane. 3. I can not see akane being that emotional cold( simply for the fact that she is too passionate about every thing, even if you had her at a young age. The child would have see it as a betrayel of her family if she could not care about any of them. I think that you should explain how she came to be that way a little more, as well as why ranma couldn't have found the temple that the zen master was taught at. Isn't it the job of those people to take in travelers.
Jonathan Howard chapter 1 . 1/25/2001
What I would most like to see is a continuation of this fic where Ranma from the original universe is transported do you think everyone is going to react in this scenario:Ranma appears through a portal, notices how this version of Akane is acting like a know-it-all and decides to take her down a few pegs,they head for the dojo and get ready for a sparring session,Akane would probaly figure canon Ranma stands no before they start Kasumi peers into canon Ranma's mind and sees a jumble of images, one of which is him tearing a god apart with his bare hands atomizing a mountain in the tries to yell a warning right before all hell breaks loose ending with Akane in a heap on the Ranm would simply shake his head and mutter something about macho tomboys then go inside for something to eat before heading off to try and find a way Blend...How it was supposed to be :- )